The 32-year-old's unselfishness took ...

The 32-year-old's unselfishness took some neighbors by surprise.

There are 157 comments on the 104.7 WTUE story from Jan 8, 2014, titled The 32-year-old's unselfishness took some neighbors by surprise.. In it, 104.7 WTUE reports that:

A Michigan man with a snowblower is being hailed as a hero by his neighbors after he cleared their driveways and walkways in subzero temperatures, unprompted and for free.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 104.7 WTUE.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#1 Jan 8, 2014
Good for him. It is sad that this is news. Once upon a time, this was expected. Now it is surprising news.

“Spring is here, ”

Since: Sep 06

next comes summer! Yippee!!

#2 Jan 8, 2014
It's nice to see that kindness is still possible. That gentleman did a really good thing!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 8, 2014
Did all the lazy mens' wives get together and thank him properly?Got any pictures?: I

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#4 Jan 8, 2014
He is obviously married.
He doesn't want to be near HIS wife!!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 8, 2014
It's nice to hear there are still some good guys out there with a caring heart... Dang, does this mean I have to go to Michigan to find one....
(c;
amol 7303331056

Ashburn, VA

#7 Jan 8, 2014
Hi I my play boy
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jan 8, 2014
It was a ruse for him to remove all his neighbors' racist lawn jockey statues. He'll be found buried under one of the snow banks he made come this spring.

AIias - Trish

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#9 Jan 8, 2014
I'm always amazed to hear the abuse many family/neighborly folks received after reaching out to others. Often it makes some wish not to offer anymore ... so,

Many good tidings for being appreciative of others kind hearts. We should give when we are able.

<3

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 8, 2014
I wish I had more neighbors like this.

Since: Jan 14

Sacramento, CA

#11 Jan 8, 2014
I wish I was his neighbor, glad to know there are still nice people out there

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#12 Jan 8, 2014
Spotted Girl wrote:
Good for him. It is sad that this is news. Once upon a time, this was expected. Now it is surprising news.
Now I'm really confused by you. they didn't ask for his help. So shouldn't his helping them be immoral? You're always going off about unsolicited help being a personal attack.

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#13 Jan 8, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Now I'm really confused by you. they didn't ask for his help. So shouldn't his helping them be immoral? You're always going off about unsolicited help being a personal attack.
Why would you be confused? Each person is supposed to treat each thread in a vacuum and never carry what was said elsewhere. So which post did I leave in this thread before that one that gave you any back ground information in order to be confused? I refuse to respond to anything that is prompted by anything said elsewhere. People are supposed to post, get it out, and everyone is supposed to forget it forever and move on. Dwelling on the past can be a sign of emotional immaturity, and I am only just saying, not accusing nor trying to start anything.

I tend to consider it wrong to try to "get to know others" (a type of control over them) or to carry a person's words past whatever thread they said them in, since that is attempting to control them by tying them to the past and not letting them change and grow. The correct thing to do is each time you encounter someone, treat them like you are meeting them the first time. Everything I say in other threads are specific to those. It is just like on the street. If you meet someone in one place and get to know them there, it is specific to that place. Then you are supposed to forget the encounter and move on. If they speak to you again, then you would start over. That allows them to change and be a different person each time you meet them. So if you meet someone outside their house and at a store, you are supposed to start from ground zero in each place if you do decide to get to know them. You have to start from scratch in each role. It is impossible to truly know anyone as they change with time, often with the minute and are never the same person you were around before.

I also consider it wrong for a women to debate anything. Discuss, share, or vent, but never debate. Now, we can expect men to do that, and that is as far as I am going in that direction. Yes, I fully support separate gender roles and expectations, and I don't believe the social construct nonsense of the feminists, though I do agree with them in some other ways.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 9, 2014
I can't completely agree with that idea purple, oops, I mean spotted girl. I love to make inane and obscure references to posts past and articles of yore. I often do so, and some of us get the inside joke. For example: He was just making up for crawling naked into a dead horse carcass with his girlfriend.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#15 Jan 9, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
I can't completely agree with that idea purple, oops, I mean spotted girl. I love to make inane and obscure references to posts past and articles of yore. I often do so, and some of us get the inside joke. For example: He was just making up for crawling naked into a dead horse carcass with his girlfriend.

Folks would Be Shocked at what My neighbors Say About Me, Myself & I,

Butt of the Inside Joke ,
That will remain Between You, Me and the Fence Post,...

“Forehead wrinkle”

Homefries

#16 Jan 9, 2014
Question: The neighbors that he assisted.......Were the females at those residences pleasant looking? Maybe he was lining something up for the future?

....if so, smart man.

8-)

Location hidden

#17 Jan 9, 2014
DILF wrote:
Question: The neighbors that he assisted.......Were the females at those residences pleasant looking? Maybe he was lining something up for the future?
....if so, smart man.
8-)
He's gong to do some Old Spice or Axxe commercials.
Christianist Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jan 9, 2014
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Now I'm really confused by you. they didn't ask for his help. So shouldn't his helping them be immoral? You're always going off about unsolicited help being a personal attack.
Why would you expect that id ot to make the first bit of sense in any post or from post to post?
Christianist Taliban

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jan 9, 2014
DILF wrote:
....if so, smart man.
8-)
Oh, I see what you're thinking.

First the shoveling, then later the plowing....

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#20 Jan 9, 2014
Christianist Taliban wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see what you're thinking.
First the shoveling, then later the plowing....

After a HARD Freeze, sometimes you have to Lay Some pipe,...

Hopefully not around Back though,...

“Forehead wrinkle”

Homefries

#21 Jan 9, 2014
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
After a HARD Freeze, sometimes you have to Lay Some pipe,...
Hopefully not around Back though,...
True, and sometimes they are so cold you have to wait for a good thaw or warm them up somehow.....and when your done you might have to wait until spring to clean up the mess!!!

8-|

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Battle Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My daughter (Jan '16) Aug 28 Soft Gentel Wind 2
innocent man serving life without parole for a ... (Mar '10) Aug 23 Kyle 95
anyone protesting Rosa Parks statues yet? Aug '17 bartender 1
my gf is getting fat,i cant stand it Aug '17 fatman 3
red roof in room 62 (Nov '15) Aug '17 Frank Rancour 9
News Michigan mom makes plea: Send my kid to college Aug '17 Doc Ellis 4
Review: Kalamazoo Orarage Peel Gazette Jul '17 Linda 1

Battle Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance