preacher donnie swaggart
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
joan baker

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 24, 2014
Why does not Donnie Swaggart take his wife with him. Why is Debbie never on stage with him like she used to be. Seems Debbie Swaggart is a beautiful woman unlike the five time married woman Donnie married after he divorced Debbie Why does not Gariel ever mention his mom's name ever.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
hmmm

New Orleans, LA

#2 Apr 24, 2014
thats a good question. i hope someone answers.
Redeemed

Wichita, KS

#3 Jun 18, 2014
joan baker wrote:
Why does not Donnie Swaggart take his wife with him. Why is Debbie never on stage with him like she used to be. Seems Debbie Swaggart is a beautiful woman unlike the five time married woman Donnie married after he divorced Debbie Why does not Gariel ever mention his mom's name ever.
"Why does not Gabriel ever mention his mom's name ever?" I've pondered this many times as well as why Debbie was not on the platform when Gabriel & Jill's baby was dedicated and Donnie officiated. I believe she was absent when Jennifer's youngest was dedicated.(Jennnifer is Donnie & Debbie's daughter).
Bud

Hendersonville, NC

#4 Jul 17, 2014
You people are ignorant. Been in that New Orleans voodoo too long I guess.
Anonymous

Fremont, CA

#5 Aug 17, 2014
Because the Swaggarts are crooked people. It's all about the money. I watch to get my giggles and to pray for the sheep that are actually giving them a red cent of their hard earned, and sometimes unaffordable money to spare. Donnie is the most evil person of them all. The beg a thons are amazing especially with Donnie making you feel like you are not a good person if you don't give, and by Tues pm, give BIG and again! I'll bet you his wife is ashamed of him which is why Gabe and Donnie never mention her. Where is she in these services? Same with Donnnie's other kids. Never hear of the daughter other than she's a teacher. Wake up folks before you lose all your money, which is what JSM is all about. Buy this buy that, bible a thon, beg a thon, donate in between.... open their books and show the money is really going for what they say it is and not toward their expensive clothes, jewelry, cars, mansions! Then maybe I'll give $1 at a beg a thon, or maybe not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Redeemed

Wichita, KS

#6 Aug 18, 2014
Bud wrote:
You people are ignorant. Been in that New Orleans voodoo too long I guess.
I've never been to New Orleans, or Baton Rouge for that matter.
rob

United States

#7 Aug 29, 2014
Redeemed wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never been to New Orleans, or Baton Rouge for that matter.
i like to an extent but he is to legalistic. hes all law not enough grace
Redeemed

Wichita, KS

#8 Aug 30, 2014
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
i like to an extent but he is to legalistic. hes all law not enough grace
Agree. And they claim to preach "the message of the cross." Jesus Christ is grace and truth. Virtually all of their sermon texts are Old Testament. The new covenant is contained in the New Testament, especially Paul's epistles.
Arkansas

Cabot, AR

#9 Aug 31, 2014
All Paul...1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Ephesians 2:15-16 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. Philippians 3:18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Colossians 1:20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. Hebrews 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Just to name a few.

The carnal mind will never understand spiritual things.
Arkansas

Cabot, AR

#10 Aug 31, 2014
Redeemed wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. And they claim to preach "the message of the cross." Jesus Christ is grace and truth. Virtually all of their sermon texts are Old Testament. The new covenant is contained in the New Testament, especially Paul's epistles.
They preach Christ and Him crucified. The OT is all symbolic of Christ and Him crucified.

Do y'all really watch to know they only preach the OT, because if you are, you are not hearing the same messages I do. People please wise up and know they are preaching Truth and Grace.
rev adkins w liberty

United States

#11 Oct 6, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Because the Swaggarts are crooked people. It's all about the money. I watch to get my giggles and to pray for the sheep that are actually giving them a red cent of their hard earned, and sometimes unaffordable money to spare. Donnie is the most evil person of them all. The beg a thons are amazing especially with Donnie making you feel like you are not a good person if you don't give, and by Tues pm, give BIG and again! I'll bet you his wife is ashamed of him which is why Gabe and Donnie never mention her. Where is she in these services? Same with Donnnie's other kids. Never hear of the daughter other than she's a teacher. Wake up folks before you lose all your money, which is what JSM is all about. Buy this buy that, bible a thon, beg a thon, donate in between.... open their books and show the money is really going for what they say it is and not toward their expensive clothes, jewelry, cars, mansions! Then maybe I'll give $1 at a beg a thon, or maybe not.
Its none of your business about her.
They have the worlds largest audience.
Bigger than TBN now.
All money is used right.
All proceeds from music by Jimmy went to build the church.
Jimmy is great.
CurlyNight

Fremont, CA

#12 Oct 6, 2014
rev adkins w liberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigger than TBN now.
All money is used right.
Jimmy is great.
Jimmy used to be big. Look at the old tapes where he had stadiums full of flock. Then people wised up and saw the lying swindler he is when it comes to money and his pockets. Now he's in a normal sized place in Baton Rouge and Donnie is NOT in stadiums overseas. The Pope takes it all as far as audiences goes.

How do you know all money is used right? He's been asked to open his books to show where the money goes to and he refuses. Before you say none of your business, it should be your business if you are asked, no I take that back, begged like they do in the beg a thon to give more more more. Even up to a couple years ago, the IRS was on him for evading taxes! I'm sure God loves that!

I feel bad for you if you are giving to them. If you are, I hope you aren't putting yourself out of necessary things or debt. Churches actually care and help people who are down and out, and they don't get near the amount the JS gets. They give food to the hungry, help with shelter and bills. What does old Jimmy do? Beg for more and more to keep with with their mansions, cars, etc.

Join a real church. You can get fed spiritually for free and also your basic needs met if you are in dire need of help to survive. Those people truly care about you. Someone shouting the same thing over and over and over and singing may be nice to some, but you can get that for free and then some at a good church.
rev adkins w liberty

United States

#13 Oct 6, 2014
CurlyNight wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy used to be big. Look at the old tapes where he had stadiums full of flock. Then people wised up and saw the lying swindler he is when it comes to money and his pockets. Now he's in a normal sized place in Baton Rouge and Donnie is NOT in stadiums overseas. The Pope takes it all as far as audiences goes.
How do you know all money is used right? He's been asked to open his books to show where the money goes to and he refuses. Before you say none of your business, it should be your business if you are asked, no I take that back, begged like they do in the beg a thon to give more more more. Even up to a couple years ago, the IRS was on him for evading taxes! I'm sure God loves that!
I feel bad for you if you are giving to them. If you are, I hope you aren't putting yourself out of necessary things or debt. Churches actually care and help people who are down and out, and they don't get near the amount the JS gets. They give food to the hungry, help with shelter and bills. What does old Jimmy do? Beg for more and more to keep with with their mansions, cars, etc.
Join a real church. You can get fed spiritually for free and also your basic needs met if you are in dire need of help to survive. Those people truly care about you. Someone shouting the same thing over and over and over and singing may be nice to some, but you can get that for free and then some at a good church.
I know Jimmy.
Bigger now than ever.
Donnie does preach overseas.SBN now worlds largest gospel station.
Yes i support them.
Will forever.
I believe in tithing.
Its sin to go to a church and not support it.
U cant eat for free
Sin to rob God.
Jimmy and all them are honest and great.
Donnie too.
I know them.
My pastor.
Church is packed.
Redeemed

Wichita, KS

#14 Oct 7, 2014
CurlyNight wrote:
<quoted text>

On Friday night of the last beg-a-thon, Donnie went on a rant about major league baseball and said he doesn't like it but went on to name all the stadiums on his "bucket list" to visit. He mentioned a CA team and how badly they need a new stadium. He took costly air time to talk about trips he
wants to take and I doubt most viewers can afford a box of popcorn at a major league game, not to mention the cost of tickets, etc. It is the business of donors how the money is spent.
CurlyNight

Fremont, CA

#15 Oct 7, 2014
Redeemed wrote:
<quoted text>
On Friday night of the last beg-a-thon, Donnie went on a rant about major league baseball and said he doesn't like it but went on to name all the stadiums on his "bucket list" to visit. He mentioned a CA team and how badly they need a new stadium. He took costly air time to talk about trips he
wants to take and I doubt most viewers can afford a box of popcorn at a major league game, not to mention the cost of tickets, etc. It is the business of donors how the money is spent.
You are correct. He was talking about the Oakland As and the petition that's going on for them to move to San Jose and how he doesn't want that for some weird reason, like it really matters since he doesn't live here. N. CA is VERY expensive. This includes ball games. No doubt he's using donor money. He begs for more more more making it sound like SBN will be no more without your help but here there are month after month very short of their outrageous goal they're still there! Amazing! He's begging to help line the Swag pockets to help pay for their very high life style. Plain and simple.
Bible Bearer

Van Buren, AR

#16 Oct 8, 2014
Arkansas wrote:
All Paul...1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Ephesians 2:15-16 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. Philippians 3:18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Colossians 1:20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. Hebrews 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Just to name a few.
The carnal mind will never understand spiritual things.
Rev. Jimmy Swaggart should be commended with his preaching on the cross, though he should preach just as much on the resurrection: an equal balance of preaching time between the two. This isn't either/or --- it is both/and. Secondly, why is it that we hear many times on F & F about gossipers here.....and gossipers there.... If someone in the ministry does wrong, then disarm the naysayers (not gossipers) by dealing with what has occurred in the past. If Jill Swaggart or someone else took a pic of her standing with some friends and one of them was holding a liquor bottle in a Hard Rock café place, then own up to it on TV. If one does something wrong publicly, then own up to it publicly, especially if one is on TV. By owning up to it publicly on TV, that leaves the naysayers with the problem in their lap alone, and they alone will have to account for it one day before God. BTW, naysaying is not the same as gossiping. The two are and have been conflated on this show.
Bible Bearer

Van Buren, AR

#17 Oct 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Bigger than TBN now.
All money is used right.
Jimmy is great.
The Father, Jesus, the Son and the Holy Spirit are great, you mean. Not Jimmy. Bigger isn't always better, either. Neither is largest. The foxes have their dens, but the Son of Man had nowhere even "to lay His head," but He was and is the biggest show in town. How do you know all money is being used right? Prove it. Anyone can say they are using money right, but no one's word is absolute except Gods. I have not heard God say that Jimmy is using the money right. Jimmy's church and org. being part of the ECFA would erase all doubts... Many Pentecostal people (and I am a Pentecostal) have dealings with the ECFA. Can Jimmy do this? If not, why not? If I am not mistaken, Benny Hinn wanted nothing to do with the ECFA. I wonder why....
Bible Bearer

Van Buren, AR

#18 Oct 8, 2014
<quoted text>
I know Jimmy.
Bigger now than ever.
Donnie does preach overseas.SBN now worlds largest gospel station.
Yes i support them.
Will forever.
I believe in tithing.
Its sin to go to a church and not support it.
U cant eat for free
Sin to rob God.
Jimmy and all them are honest and great.
Donnie too.
I know them.
My pastor.
Church is packed.
Step away from the headlights! You have that glazed look in your eye. So you know Jimmy, but so does God. Only he knows for sure if they are all honest. Only the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are great. Remember that. Think on this. Yes, if one believes in tithing, they must adhere to the tithe that supported the Levites in Deuteronomy chapters 14 and 26 and now would support the pastor, staff etcetera. The Levites are spoken of in both Deut. chapter 14: 22-29 and Deuteronomy chap. 26:12. The word "Levite" link both of them together, so if one believes in tithing, they must go by all these verses. Thus, the pastor, staff, etc, get support each year, but every three years the same that went to the Levite in Deut. 14:22-29 (whatever they received), the same went to the Levite AND the widow, the fatherless, the poor, every third year. Thus, if one says that the tithe is for today, it must be based upon both Deut. 14:22-29 AND Deut. 26:12. BOTH. Thus the pastor, staff etc have to share part of the $$$ with widows, the poor, the fatherless, etc. Now, according to scripture, if the poor, widows, etc, have to go to the government then according to both Deut. 14:22-29 and Deut. 26:12, then the pastor and staff would also have to go to the government for help, too.
Redeemed

Wichita, KS

#19 Oct 9, 2014
CurlyNight wrote:
<quoted text>h
You are correct. He was talking about the Oakland As and the petition that's going on for them to move to San Jose and how he doesn't want that for some weird reason, like it really matters since he doesn't live here. N. CA is VERY expensive. This includes ball games. No doubt he's using donor money. He begs for more more more making it sound like SBN will be no more without your help but here there are month after month very short of their outrageous goal they're still there! Amazing! He's begging to help line the Swag pockets to help pay for their very high life style. Plain and simple.
That's right -- it was the A's and he was very passionate about not wanting them to relocate. Interesting. This is off topic but I heard him say Frances had shoulder surgery.
rev adkins w liberty

United States

#20 Oct 20, 2014
Redeemed wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right -- it was the A's and he was very passionate about not wanting them to relocate. Interesting. This is off topic but I heard him say Frances had shoulder surgery.
Jimmy is great.
God is greatest.
God is holy.
Jimmy is striving to be holy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baton Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 39 min Alihra 20,849
black livers matter (Jul '16) 4 hr blue devil 15
Tea Party -Abolish Social Security (Nov '13) 4 hr blue devil 34
Hispanic tax filers 4 hr blue devil 2
Gabriel swaggert (Sep '12) 7 hr dieselgypsy 108
Great IDEA if we ALL DO THIS Feb 17 Sarah 2nd Grade 1
My Daddy Says N(EYE)GGERS F...... Everthing UP! Feb 10 Jeremy 2

Baton Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baton Rouge Mortgages