Natchitoches School Board says no to new charter

Jan 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KLFY-TV Lafayette

But The town Talk reports that the application was deemed inadequate by Kimberly Williams of the Baton Rouge consulting firm New Millennium Education.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of69
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
really?

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

fromdeinside wrote:
...and quoting Bible phrases and gospel songs, blindly!
I agree with you 100%. I've seen the schools getting "blacked out" as I call it. It's just a shame that some black people want to be so pro black that they overplay the race card. No joke, give it a few more years and whites will be the minority or we will have all bred into one race.
fromdeinside

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 6, 2013
 
That's been tried and tested too and doesn't seem to work either on the black or white side. It's called creole. Shame on all yall prejudicies and jealous minds in how you teach yours and our children in and out the classrooms.
polabo

Campti, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 6, 2013
 
I know that with all the money's spent on schools that we could have a teacher in each house in american home schooling kids,but that would not bode well for social engineering--via the liberal agenda in this country--
polabo

Campti, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 6, 2013
 
fromdeinside wrote:
...and quoting Bible phrases and gospel songs, blindly!
blindly would be the non-believer's--
I say

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Sabine Parish schools are so far ahead of natchitoches Parish schools it's unreal. I know, from having a child in school in natchitoches , and has now been in school in many for three years
We had a lot of catching up to do and I mean a lot., especially in the area of math. Through the eighth grade in Sabine they study pat jones , deep math, very difficult even for the parents All word problems , with as many as five to eight different operations in one word problem. They have to think Ill admitt it , I as a college graduate , hAve great difficulty with their deep math. It is so refreshing to use the mind that way. I'm talking on the fifth and sixth grade level
Disciplinary problems are dealt with swiftly and affectively. Zero tolerance for troublemakers.
I can't believe the difference in the schools in natchitoches and many
Yes ,yes to charter school in natchitoches. If I lived there still , I would be camped
Out trying to get my child in there.
Winggit

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

If you think Charter schools are bad and racist then you are an idiot. They don't have to follow the same guidelines as public schools and if you look at most charter schools you will see test scores are high and they have a pretty good academic achievement level especially in low income areas. It's ashame when idiots make it a white and black issue when it could bring a level of achievement for future students in Natchitoches Parish. Look how good test grades are at schools like NSU elementary lab, NSU middle lad, and Magnet school where they are A and B schools. Then compare those scores to Parks, LP Vaughn, etc where they are F schools and so bad the government could shut it down anytime they wanted to. So why in the world would someone want to be against a Charter school when this school town needs one. I get tired of the race card being played because idiots don't know how else to think outside the box. And if you want to put race into it then why are black parents of students who send their kids to the predominantly black schools like Parks and LP Vaughn that are failing miserably not want to do something about it or have a change or advantage of their child going to charter school?
People especially who are black need to quit screaming racism for Charter schools and make a better life for your child because what is in place in most of the public schools in this town is not working.
polabo

Campti, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 7, 2013
 
Winggit wrote:
If you think Charter schools are bad and racist then you are an idiot. They don't have to follow the same guidelines as public schools and if you look at most charter schools you will see test scores are high and they have a pretty good academic achievement level especially in low income areas. It's ashame when idiots make it a white and black issue when it could bring a level of achievement for future students in Natchitoches Parish. Look how good test grades are at schools like NSU elementary lab, NSU middle lad, and Magnet school where they are A and B schools. Then compare those scores to Parks, LP Vaughn, etc where they are F schools and so bad the government could shut it down anytime they wanted to. So why in the world would someone want to be against a Charter school when this school town needs one. I get tired of the race card being played because idiots don't know how else to think outside the box. And if you want to put race into it then why are black parents of students who send their kids to the predominantly black schools like Parks and LP Vaughn that are failing miserably not want to do something about it or have a change or advantage of their child going to charter school?
People especially who are black need to quit screaming racism for Charter schools and make a better life for your child because what is in place in most of the public schools in this town is not working.
dumbed down idiots thats why,thanks to their mentality of believing the democraps are their flag ship to the future--
fromdeinside

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

polabo wrote:
<quoted text>blindly would be the non-believer's--
Exactly, using the word of God through Jesus Christ as a crutch for their own willingness to do absolutely the wrong thing willingly.
Here we go

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This has nothing to do with racism or education. It's another way for a group of people to suck money out of our system. Please don't be fooled and think your kids will be better educated. If these individuals truly think they can create a better school system, let them form a private school and use their 'methods.' They won't do that, however, because they want taxpayer money to play with. Do some research before you jump on the wagon.
thinking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mr. Vogel, your plan for a charter school was turned down by the school board and new millenium education for very valid reasons some of them were lack of plan to implement your educational program, lack of a plan for financing, among others. In addition I read the article when you first approached the School Board regarding your charter school and you were represented by a man who has been disbarred as a lawyer for very good reasons. I have known of this man for several years and he currently is inactive addiction, to me that brings to question your judgement I wouldn't send my children to your charter school although I believe a charter school is needed in Natchitoches parish I don't believe you are the 1 to implement it.
sherman vogel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Thank for your concern. I am aware of the short comings of the application. Infact, the reason I submitted it to the board is to get a evaluation before submitting it as a Type II Charter. I am now addressing these "very valid reasons"! It would not have made any difference if the plan had met or exceeded the requirements. The board had no intentions of approving any charter school. I can assure you that you will find the new charter application more than adequate. As far as the person representing the charter I have all the confidence in his good intentions to make restitution for his mistakes. Who did he hurt other than himself? He freely admits his mistakes and should be given a another chance. Have you never made a mistake?

I can tell you things about the character of those serving the school system. These individuals have never recanted or tried to make restitution for their flaws. Yet you send your children to this system with question.

If you believe that a charter school is needed in Natchitoches parish then what are YOU willing to do to make it happen? I welcome you to join with us to make this happened. No one on the board is benefiting whatsoever. I and others are spending alot of hours and money from our own pockets to make this happen The "at-risk" students are the only ones who will benefit. So, my question to you is: are you willing to help us make this happen or not? If not then it seems to me that the person whose intentions you question cares more than you.
sherman vogel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 7, 2013
 
with out question
polabo

Campti, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

sherman vogel wrote:
Thank for your concern. I am aware of the short comings of the application. Infact, the reason I submitted it to the board is to get a evaluation before submitting it as a Type II Charter. I am now addressing these "very valid reasons"! It would not have made any difference if the plan had met or exceeded the requirements. The board had no intentions of approving any charter school. I can assure you that you will find the new charter application more than adequate. As far as the person representing the charter I have all the confidence in his good intentions to make restitution for his mistakes. Who did he hurt other than himself? He freely admits his mistakes and should be given a another chance. Have you never made a mistake?
I can tell you things about the character of those serving the school system. These individuals have never recanted or tried to make restitution for their flaws. Yet you send your children to this system with question.
If you believe that a charter school is needed in Natchitoches parish then what are YOU willing to do to make it happen? I welcome you to join with us to make this happened. No one on the board is benefiting whatsoever. I and others are spending alot of hours and money from our own pockets to make this happen The "at-risk" students are the only ones who will benefit. So, my question to you is: are you willing to help us make this happen or not? If not then it seems to me that the person whose intentions you question cares more than you.
the only reason u have at risk students is because of disciple--get rid of the trouble makers and crazy checks and u got something to work with--
polabo

Campti, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

crazy checks sponsered by the govt. which causes disruptive eliments in the class--to keep ur crazy check the kid has to act up,so guess what-they act up--pushed by their loving parents and school system--the only thing we got when we went to school is a wiping--
polabo

Campti, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 7, 2013
 
whipping--
teachers pet

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 7, 2013
 
Need to hold teachers accountable
rickets

Livingston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

teachers pet wrote:
Need to hold teachers accountable
Poor parenting is what should be held accountable. You send your illbehaved children to school expecting teachers to do your job and theirs as well then when the child is repremanded you want to scream to high heavens about sueing the pants off the school.
R u 4 real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I don't know, but I think the school board here makes ridiculous decisions. Worst schools in the state mr. Vogel makes more sense than any of
The board members. They simply seem to be resigned to trouble makers, low scores. And dummies School board members should be more with it , more upbeat. Charter school, hell yeah, anything to help innovative, more discipline oriented duh. Sounds like a plan
Quit embarrassing yourselves At least try to do something about all your schools for dummies in this parish we are a laughing stock and it's not ok
A charter school is exactly what is needed here
Winggit

Natchitoches, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

When I think about the Natchticoches School Board I don't think much of them since look at the Natchitoches Schools. Why do we have so many failing schools? Why are the worst scores coming from the predominantly black schools? Why is it like this year in and year out? Why are people more concerned about everything else except holding the Natchitoches School Board responsible so things will change? Why aren't we asking why the only high test scores are coming from NSU lab or magnet schools? What can we do to have success like that around LP Vaughn or Parks?
Once again, It is time for something else because the system in place is not working and if it takes a charter school then so be it because it can't get any worse. I have to imagine they have been through enough teachers and principles to realize maybe its not exactly all their fault why it constantly fails and maybe its just the process of the school itself.
ontheflipside

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

rickets wrote:
<quoted text>Poor parenting is what should be held accountable. You send your illbehaved children to school expecting teachers to do your job and theirs as well then when the child is repremanded you want to scream to high heavens about sueing the pants off the school.
You nailed it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of69
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Baton Rouge Forum right now

Search the Baton Rouge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Becca4vous 17,785
Gabriel swaggert (Sep '12) 12 hr Gin 48
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 12 hr Red Dodge Pickup 2,113
Looking for pain meds 21 hr Kathy 1
Special education teacher facing child porn, in... Apr 18 observer 1
Poll: McAllister's reputation damaged but not d... Apr 16 Jus Thinkin 1
Police: Man kidnaps school bus driver and barri... Apr 15 Shirley M Willis 1
•••

Flood Warning for East Baton Rouge Parish was issued at April 20 at 11:48PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Baton Rouge Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Baton Rouge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••