craig webre continues to expand his a...

craig webre continues to expand his attempted cover up of malfeasance charges.

Posted in the Baton Rouge Forum

BUSYASABEE

Shreveport, LA

#1 Aug 25, 2009
It looks like Lafourche Parish sheriff Craig Webre is using yet another state agency to illegally help in covering up the allegations of his malfeasance in office.(The Ethics Board has thrown a masse of charges of intentional ethics breaches at Webre). This time the sheriff has rounded up help from the Department of Insurance with the alleged support of embattled U.S. attorney Jim Letten.
A key witness in the Webre conflict of interest charges is Chad Bonvillian. Bonvillian is a former bail bondsman in the southeastern part of the state. His license was revoked six years ago when it was discovered that he lied about the commission of a felony on his application for the bondsman license. He previously had a drug conviction. But the suspension of his license apparently never phased Bonvillian. Nor Craig Webre. Bonvillian Bail Bonds continued to write bonds on arrestees in Webre’s Lafourche Parish jail for years after the suspension. Indeed, Webre even cut a wild business deal with Bonvillian. Bonvillian was to tell his higher-priced bondees that in order for his underwriter to post their bond, they also had to buy ankle bracelet house detection services from companies called Smart Start of Louisiana and Advanced Electronic Monitoring Co. Both companies are owned by Craig Webre!
Webre apparently did not know that many copies of his contracts with Bonvillain were lying around. He though he could do as he does with every allegations. He tried to hide the allegation rather than deal with it. A very foolish deal was cut.
The Department of Insurance was contacted. By whom? Guess. The department was reviewing a recent appellate court decision which held that the earlier suspension was not legit. But it had a bigger problem.
The Department of insurance was aware that Bonvillian had never, in his entire life, paid state or federal income taxes on his personal or his bail bond business earnings. It would be awarding a bail bond license to an individual whom it knew had and was still committing tax evasion.
But nomproblem, right Mr. Donelon. Chad Bonvillian was given his bail bond license back. And given over 2 million dollars in back wages from taxpayer's money. Of course that was fraudulent. Mr. Bonvillian had been working while his license was suspended; in Webre’s jail with Webre's full consent. In exchange what did Mr. Chad have to do? Bonvillian had to agree at every turn to deny Webre had any contractual relationships with his own jail’s bondsmen.
Bonvillian came through once. On a deposition in a personal injury case, Bonvillain gave apparently perjured responses to questions on his relationship with Webre.
Now what will Chad say when other state and federal auhtoerities question him about why this sheriff was using bondsmen from a jail under his jurisdiction to garner more money for his business's bank accounts? Tim will tell. Who will you try and bribe next Craig Webre?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
beewatcher

Shreveport, LA

#2 Aug 25, 2009
check the record. this stuff appears to be true from what other bondsmen say in Houma.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
charger

Thibodaux, LA

#3 Oct 29, 2009
Hey Daniel!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
baja

United States

#4 Nov 25, 2009

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GoDaddy

Raleigh, NC

#5 Nov 25, 2009
BUSYASABEE, you need to change your name. Howzabout CRAZYASALOON ??????????

Since: Dec 09

Thibodaux, LA

#6 Dec 9, 2009
Well well well. Run off of one forum and on to another. Like the changeing names and forums so are the days of our lives.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Troutman Dan in Hell

United States

#7 Mar 30, 2010
Help ... help ...

I'm burning ...

Aagh ...

Hair burnt, singed ... skin charred ...

Yeeagh ... aagh ...
Baja Surfer Dude

Baton Rouge, LA

#8 Dec 1, 2010
Call me "Baja".

Whatever. Surf's up. Peace.

We met at the Catfish fest. "Baja". Hope u still have my card.
boskoyo

Cut Off, LA

#9 Aug 25, 2011
it's beeng time comi, but better late than never. We are only human, we make mistakes and we do things wrong, according to become other peoples views. no person is perfect, but some people do things that are a little bit over board. Once a public official gets comfortable, they become comfortable and corrupt. every elected official should have a term limit to prevent political corruption.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Baja Surfer Dude

Lynwood, CA

#10 Sep 20, 2011
boskoyo wrote:
it's beeng time comi, but better late than never. We are only human, we make mistakes and we do things wrong, according to become other peoples views. no person is perfect, but some people do things that are a little bit over board. Once a public official gets comfortable, they become comfortable and corrupt. every elected official should have a term limit to prevent political corruption.
WE met at the Catfish fest. "Baja". Hope u still have my card.
They will see

Cantonment, FL

#12 Nov 14, 2011
How about that...where ever "Webre's" name is mentioned...here come baby baja surfer dude to save his butt. It's funny really...it's also intriguing how close related you might be. Do you play the women role or does he??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Resurrected Loser

United States

#13 Nov 16, 2011
"YOU lied. You tried to destroy me through lies, you attempted such hatred that it is impossible to see any love in this situation."
Shay Shay

Cut Off, LA

#14 Dec 11, 2015
Okay the stories that I hear about Craig Webre just keep on getting worse and worse. And to think that I live in the bowels of hell in this small town in Lafourche Parish. I would love to evaporate and disappear and take my house with me. Now I am scared of him and all of his deputies (because I think they are targeting me) and I am alarmed at the amount of people that come on the internet and defend him. I always thought the Sheriff was a nice guy but it now shows that he is ruthless and corrupt. Good ole Louisiana parochial politics!!!! God has a major punishment coming for this entire state but nobody seems to care because Louisiana is a weird state as it is and then when you add all of the corruption and parochialism to the mix, it gets even worse. Crooked Sheriff, lousy ass parish and crummy town full of weird ass white people. I am indeed living in hell. I have to get back to Terrebonne Parish!!!! This is maddening!!!!! Now I am in survival mode. It is now how can I lay low in this crummy parish and avoid Craig Webre and his posse of corrupt deputies until I can get the fuck back to Terrebonne parish while I live in a parish full of weird and hateful white people. I won't be the first person that Craig Webre has run out of the entire parish!!!! He ran Daniel clean out of the entire parish!!!! Oh God deliver me from the bowels of hell!!! And if you come on here and laugh at my post I will just ignore you. I am actually desperate to leave this hell hole town and this maddening parish!!!! And for the matter I loved Cajun Justice. I hardly watch television but that was my motherphucking show and then the new Terrebonne sheriff had the show killed and he fired a bunch of folks.
Something2say

Cut Off, LA

#15 Jun 1, 2017
boskoyo wrote:
I can personally say this about Webre. When he started with the sheriffs dept he was a young hungry guy looking to make some money in a job that money doesn't buy crap. He was trained by the most corrupt cop there was Bc I knew him personally and all too well. Everything Webre has done and is doing to the people he is falsely putting in jail based on prejudice, socialization, and donations and contributions not to mention all of the other corrupt things he has done over the years is exactly the same thing the one who trained him did minus the money Webre just found his own little nitch in screwing the parish and getting away with it Bc it not only benefits him but benefits the rest of the people it takes along with DOC in making money while families get torn apart and children grow up without mothers and fathers so they can all make a profit. The economy is horrible so he has to find another way to make more money and hurt more families. This is a team effort with his monkeys that work for him who are promised certain things along with the DA judges and attorneys. And yes DOC is at the top of the list. So while everyone is hurting financially especially the ones who's loved ones are falsely imprisioned and the tax payers are paying for this to happen Webre is sitting comfortably in that fenced in fortress full of cameras to keep him safe not worrying about a thing. It has always been said what comes around goes around and I guess it's finally his turn. I hope he gets the same shitty treatment the rest of the people get when they are in "his" jail!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baton Rouge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 47 min Well Well 21,050
Bob Henderson (Feb '17) 5 hr Cajunlady12000 23
james helmes arrest details (Sep '08) Wed madmike 81
News La. illegal immigrants face skyrocketing deport... Aug 13 spytheweb 1
News after a transgender woman (Sep '15) Aug 13 Tami Tenarife 3
News Could voting fraud panel create an easy target ... Aug 10 Cordwainer Trout 2
Gabriel Swaggart and Jill Swaggart (Oct '14) Aug 9 Sandra marshall 12

Baton Rouge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baton Rouge Mortgages