Blue apartments (McNair manor)

Blue apartments (McNair manor)

Posted in the Batesville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Adams

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2012
What is this place??? All I see is homeless looking junkies comin and goin all hrs of the day. Why is this place not shut down? Tax payers payin for the worthless freeloaders
lollolo

River Grove, IL

#2 Sep 22, 2012
Maniac McNair. My parents tell me its been like that since they opened the place.
red

Valparaiso, IN

#3 Sep 22, 2012
Just because people do not look like or act the way u want them to does not make them junkies..I swear all u haters are some judging mother flippers....leave people the hell alone.and find something better to do with ur time, creepers!
woohoo

Thorntown, IN

#5 Sep 23, 2012
Romweber Apts are for old people. And there used to be one building at McNair dedicated to old people so that leaves just 2 buildings for the junkies with snotty nosed brats.
youre an idiot

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Sep 23, 2012
Romweber also requires an analysis of your income by the government and you have to be over 55 or some age close. Learn the facts
Lol

Batesville, IN

#7 Sep 24, 2012
I do beliee he gave it a yer. Things change quickly especialy when crack is involved:P
woohoo

Thorntown, IN

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Yea, like I said, Romweber is for old people. There are junkies in every type of house, not just these kind. Until society cracks down on these addicts and starts holding them responsible, nothing is going to change.
youre an idiot

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Sep 27, 2012
You literally can't get in unless you're old. Its a government regulation that will be in place for as long as the building lasts. Good luck crackheads
me

Lafayette, IN

#10 Oct 4, 2012
They are not for old people its for anyone
me

Lafayette, IN

#11 Oct 4, 2012
I just got an apartment there and I am not old! I'm only 20 so no it's not for old people
Chris

United States

#12 Oct 5, 2012
Dirt bag city PERIOD
curious

Batesville, IN

#13 Oct 5, 2012
Its sad though that younger ones are in romwebers when alot of people was told it was for 55 and older. Even the flyers state 55 and older.
Frank

Batesville, IN

#14 Oct 7, 2012
curious wrote:
Its sad though that younger ones are in romwebers when alot of people was told it was for 55 and older. Even the flyers state 55 and older.
if it said that then how are the younger kids getting in?
curious

Batesville, IN

#15 Oct 7, 2012
That I have no idea however if you go and get one of the flyers up in the right corner it clearly states 55 and older.
Lea

Batesville, IN

#16 Oct 7, 2012
curious wrote:
That I have no idea however if you go and get one of the flyers up in the right corner it clearly states 55 and older.
BUT in the contract ......(another goody) it states that 10% can be young people if the meet the financial criteria.....Pretty sneaky......just like politicians......but we are just ignorant.........
curious

Batesville, IN

#17 Oct 7, 2012
The person that moved in there, thinking that it was for seniors 55 and older also non-smoking. Their contract does not state anywhere about 10 % young people if they meet the criteria!
Digger

Batesville, IN

#18 Nov 22, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> if it said that then how are the younger kids getting in?
By law the RomWeber Flats are required to comply with Federal Fair Housing Standards. Romweber Flats is for seniors, the law says that a certain percentage of the units can have individuals under 55 as long as there is no one 55 or over that has applied wanting the apartment. Everyone must go through a screening process to live in the Flats. By law, as long as the individual meets the requirements they have the right to live there as long as there are apartments available within the guidelines
Digger

Batesville, IN

#19 Nov 22, 2012
curious wrote:
The person that moved in there, thinking that it was for seniors 55 and older also non-smoking. Their contract does not state anywhere about 10 % young people if they meet the criteria!
THe Federal Fair Housing Standards have laws that they have to follow.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#21 Feb 3, 2013
You are right McNair Manor is a problem, not because of the people living there but because the people from Indianapolis DPM Deardorff Management does not take care of their buildings there. The city needs to do something with this company to start making them take care of and fix up their properties and it wouldn't be such an eyesore. This would also take care of some of the riff raff that was referred to earlier in a post that live there. The cops are there constantly for one problem or another! The roofs in all 3 buildings leaks, the balcolnys are rotting off the buildings, along with a whole host of other problems. Maybe if the citizens of Batesville start complaining to the Mayor, the building Commissioner, the Town Council and some of the other town officials they will start getting on DPM to take better care of and clean up that eyesore of a property!? Now you people have a real issue to start complaining about!! Just make sure you complain to the right people!!!
meghankrekeler

Sunman, IN

#22 Feb 3, 2013
lovinthelife04 wrote:
You are right McNair Manor is a problem, not because of the people living there but because the people from Indianapolis DPM Deardorff Management does not take care of their buildings there. The city needs to do something with this company to start making them take care of and fix up their properties and it wouldn't be such an eyesore. This would also take care of some of the riff raff that was referred to earlier in a post that live there. The cops are there constantly for one problem or another! The roofs in all 3 buildings leaks, the balcolnys are rotting off the buildings, along with a whole host of other problems. Maybe if the citizens of Batesville start complaining to the Mayor, the building Commissioner, the Town Council and some of the other town officials they will start getting on DPM to take better care of and clean up that eyesore of a property!? Now you people have a real issue to start complaining about!! Just make sure you complain to the right people!!!
A friend of mine lives there and he got his cloths stolen out of the dryer and also a friend of mine called and complained to Dpm about having to look for bugs every time they wash cloths and they switched them with new ones three days later if you call and complain to Dpm and say ur gonna call state or someone who can do something they fix it the manager doesn't do her job that's the problem and about the people that live there.... It is low income housing what do u expect I mean ik it isn't an excuse but the people who do cause the problems are usually the younger kids who steal from cars and the laundry room and the young adults who party n get rowdy if you don't wantto deal with the problems listed above and bed bugs then pay more to live in better apartments but don't critize the people who live there unless you know them because they live their because of the price not the people who live there and do good for themselves....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Batesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chronological Bible 17 hr Anonymous 10
Easy women Wed Billythough 1
Dollar General Store Wed Maria salsary 11
Morris Bang Shop Dec 6 Lola 1
Store closing Dec 5 FactChecker 2
Tim Carrol (Mar '13) Dec 3 Ginger 105
should marijuana be legalized in indiana (Feb '13) Dec 1 poopypooper 105

Batesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Batesville Mortgages