cottonmouth

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Anybody know the pastor Alan Brown? Is he a good man or crazy as hell?
mom

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

Judged:

He is a WONDERFUL man, a GREAT Pastor and a HUMBLE SERVANT of God! We are fortunate to have such a family in this town!

We don't even attend his church, and he continues to be there for our family in times of need. He is a very special person to us!
tohhie

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

Yes a lot of people uses our Pastor and our Church.
crackerbox

Caraway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

Questions:
#1. If Christ died for the church , and its His,
then why do you call yourselves "A BAPTIST ?
And not a Christian after Christ Jesus ?

#2. If Christ is the only NAME (notice it says name
therefore the name must have authority) who is worthy , then why have you folks called His Church
after a baptist organization of men and not after Him " Christ " ?

in whos name do you pray ? Bpatist or Jesus ?
who will return to redeem His Church ? Baptist or Jesus ?
Who name will all bow to ? Baptist or Jesus ?

SO: why do you refuse to call yourselves and His CHurch after Him ?
spooner

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

Judged:

I think anybody who would wish his congragtion dead is a nut. He actually said that from the pulpit! He also spews "get with the program or get out" from the pulpit. What kind of man of God would do that? He is not what alot of people think he is. I think he will show his colors real soon. The devil is haveing a field day there. I cant wait until God regulates that place!
KATIE.

Bentonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

Judged:

He's one of the greatest pastors I know.
Why would you even post him on here? Very disrespectful and just starting drama.
Goodnight

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

crackerbox wrote:
Questions:
therefore the name must have authority) who is worthy , then why have you folks called His Church
I'm guessing your Church of Christ?

Quit trying to convert Baptist's to your church and be a soul-winner! There are souls needing to be saved out there and you'd rather debate your denomination than worry about the other souls that go to Hell. Baptist or Church of Christ.
Unsweet Tea

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

people we have no church first of all.
the church was purchased by Jesus.
And in Acts 2: God added the saved to the church.
which becomes the body of christ "the saved".
wait ! you dont even know do you ? you dont even know the bible do you ?
please , take your time , just each day try spending time in the word: read matt. 20 times
then the other 3 gospels the same. then go on through , after this THEN YOU CAN KNOW .
very little to ask , so much to gain. you'll be so glad you did. i'm speking from doing the very same thing 25 years ago. and have been doing it ever ...
and it has noting to do with baptist or lutherans or any other name you choose over christ.
No other name under heaven is what the word says.
Huhdowhat

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

@Goodnight, what in the world would make you think crackerbox is someone from the Church of Christ? I've been to a couple of Churches of Christ (in Batesville and in Ash Flat) and your perception is flawed. Yeah, maybe there are flawed Churches of Christ, just like there are flawed Baptist, Assembly, Lutheran churches (I've visited lots of churches). You ought to go to a Church of Christ before you go making assumptions. Heck, you ought to check out lots of churches and figure out what you believe. I wish crackerbox would just come right out and say what he/she really believes instead of hinting around. Jesus didn't hint around. He said it like it was. He called out the sinners but not in a judgemental way. We all need to be more like Jesus.
gregg taylor

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Judged:

Jeremiah 23:1-4
Speak up

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

crackerbox wrote:
Questions:
Interesting. Of course someone so in tune with they way should be also knows that Saturday is the Sabbath right? Oh wait, Church of Christ goes on Sunday? Wait you didn't know it was originally on Saturday??

My Point is, instead of knocking each other down, we need to be lifting each other up. The world really doesn't need to see us arguing with ourselves. We need to become the loving unified family that we are.

Baptist, Church of Christ, Methodist, Pentecostal, whatever!! As long as you believe that Jesus, the son of God dies for your sins on a cross and that he purchased you, you have been convicted and asked that he forgive you and become the Master, Savior in your life...that's all that really matters.
Spiderman

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Bro. Alan Brown of Ruddell Hill Baptist Chruch loves God, serves others and seeks the leadership of the Holy Spirit in all things. He preaches the truth of God's Word. I am blessed to call him pastor.
Tony Hammack

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

I think Alan Brown is a very knowledgeable, humble man of God doing everything he can to see people saved and sanctified. I agree that he and his family are a tremendous asset to the community. If you have a beef with anyone I believe the scriptural way to deal with it is to 1.) Go to that person and try and resolve the issue. If you can't resolve things... 2.) Take a couple people with you if the person you are trying to work things out with is unreasonable so every matter may be established by the testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses. 3.) Bring it before the Church. This entire dialog about the Church and Pastor is rooted in cowardice and is out of order. I agree that more soul winning will reduce doctrinal arguments rooted in pride. "When we don't 'fish' we fight." -Max Lucado

Woe unto you when all men speak well of you.
gregg taylor

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Judged:

i don't recall a spiderman or a tony hammack attending rhbc,either of your opinions don't mean squat to me, although i agree with the three steps of confronting someone in the church if the so-called pastor doesn't follow this but goes behind peoples back with his own agenda and forming committees to undermine long standing committees, that's satan working and not the HOLY SPIIT
gregg taylor

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Judged:

SPIRIT
saefty

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

the man asked a question , which none of you ever
answered. just commented in anger or fear .
why did you just not answer him ?
why do you not call the church after the name given among men great enough to open the seals ?
why call yourselves after a name unworthy to save you ? why exalt any other name above his (and thats exactly what you do when you call the church after another name ! or say i am a baptist and do away with christians.
i may not be a christian , but hes right !
you people confuse muslims
yess

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

needed that

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Why should we care if we confuse Muslims? We're all infidels to them anyway. Their opinion is of no value to anyone else.
Cottonmouth

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Lets stick to the subject! What about Brown?
five dollars

Brookland, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Some will take Christ out of Christmas and spell it with x = xmas , what an insult to His Holy title
Some baptize into a baptist church and not into the Lord Jesus. Rom. 6:(do you not know all of you who are baptzed are burried with Jesus into His death ! Gal. 3: 27 also.
YOU NEED TO GET MAD NOW !
GET DEFENSIVE !
CAUSE THE TRUTH HURTS !!!!!!!
(you will read in the new testament where GOD adds the saved to the Church (the body of Christ) not you ! you have no authority.
And : you dont get saved by saying a sinner prayer!
you'll never find such in the new testament.
WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE , WHEN WE PRACTICE TO DECEIEVE. THINK ON IT PLEASE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Batesville Forum right now

Search the Batesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
College View Apartments are not the right choic... (Dec '10) 16 min Not good place 17
Keep a Word/Drop a Word (Fun Game) (Jul '11) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 6,113
County votes NO on new jobs 1 hr Lanius 31
worst driver at the Batesville Speedway 4 hr Art Vandalay 1
Rebel flag 4 hr squeezers 50
^keep a word drop a word (Oct '11) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 3,501
Word Association... (Jun '12) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 2,001
•••
•••
•••
Batesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters