First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 17, 2010
Good morning, happy Friday!

So I have read discussions on here about the Moose lodge and was wondering what is the scoop on the place. Can anyone go to the bar at the lodge? If yes, when are they open and where are they located? Any other information about the lodge or any other local watering holes would be appreciated, I am new to the area and looking for somewhere to have a little fun.
a girl with an opinion

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2010
Me, personally, I love the Moose! I go every chance I get. There are a lot of people who trash talk the place but everyone I see in there (with the exception of people fighting/being thrown out) are having a great time and mingling. There is a lot of drama but that comes from mixing alcohol and people. It could happen anywhere. The Legion is OK when you're wasted and just wanting to chill out/play pool/sing karaoke/or dance around like an idiot. I hardly ever see anyone besides rednecks and older people in there. It's all good though! Spanky's is another place that's good if you're wasted and wanting to karaoke or dance like an idiot. You can also party outside at Spanky's. The Riverboat in Newport is a blast! It's like a mini Moose but without all the drama. You'll get thrown out of here or pepper sprayed for starting trouble. The Goldstar in Newport is also awsum! They could stay open a little later but I always have so much fun anyway! The dance floor is a plus also!
Ozark Bound

Mountain View, AR

#3 Sep 17, 2010
a girl with an opinion wrote:
Me, personally, I love the Moose! I go every chance I get. There are a lot of people who trash talk the place but everyone I see in there (with the exception of people fighting/being thrown out) are having a great time and mingling. There is a lot of drama but that comes from mixing alcohol and people. It could happen anywhere. The Legion is OK when you're wasted and just wanting to chill out/play pool/sing karaoke/or dance around like an idiot. I hardly ever see anyone besides rednecks and older people in there. It's all good though! Spanky's is another place that's good if you're wasted and wanting to karaoke or dance like an idiot. You can also party outside at Spanky's. The Riverboat in Newport is a blast! It's like a mini Moose but without all the drama. You'll get thrown out of here or pepper sprayed for starting trouble. The Goldstar in Newport is also awsum! They could stay open a little later but I always have so much fun anyway! The dance floor is a plus also!
Sounds cool, ya just chillaxing and drinking is all we are looking to do. So... do I need to be a member of the Moose lodge to visit? Or do I need someone to sign me in as a guest, or can I just walk right in?
Thanks!
lilbit

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2010
any one know who is playing tonight at the moose
a girl with an opinion

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2010
You can just walk right into the Moose.

Level 1

Location hidden

#6 Sep 17, 2010
a girl with an opinion wrote:
You can just walk right into the Moose.
Right on, well I will probably check it out tonight. Where are the other clubs in the area(besides Newport)?

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2010
There is southside country club. Its on jones drive next to harps in southside on US67-167 south. Hardly ever drama, good bands, pool tables, darts, and so on. Love that bar!
really

Lake City, AR

#8 Sep 17, 2010
no drama there cause that nasty tosha griffin bitch aint there. wherever she is theres bound to be trouble. alcohol and filthy sluts dont mix. just ask her mom.
Painmaker

Batesville, AR

#9 Sep 17, 2010
The Moose is for white trash and meth heads. That's why I like to go there and kick ass. I hate trashy crackheads.
Azzkikr

United States

#10 Sep 17, 2010
I wouldn't be caught dead in that shithole. but yeah....I can see where if you just walked in the place...your first thought would be to kick everybody's ass in the place. I've kicked alot of ass in my day.
Painmaker

Batesville, AR

#11 Sep 17, 2010
Azzkikr wrote:
I wouldn't be caught dead in that shithole. but yeah....I can see where if you just walked in the place...your first thought would be to kick everybody's ass in the place. I've kicked alot of ass in my day.
Well to be honest, that is my first thought when I walk into ANY place. lol

Level 1

Location hidden

#12 Sep 22, 2010
Well, we went last Friday and it was pretty fun. Three bucks for a beer is a little hard to swallow, but I managed to swallow a couple. The shots were HUGE and made with good liquor. The crowd was fairly good size for the band though I hung on the bar side instead. But ya so it was fun and I will probably go back.

Does anyone know what it costs to join the Moose? Or how long can I go as a visitor.
Plush

Batesville, AR

#13 Sep 22, 2010
I think it's $40 to become a member...but usually u won't have to get a membership unless u go all the time.
batesvilles bitch

United States

#14 Sep 23, 2010
I used to go every weekend for like four years and I always went as a guest.
Painmaker

Batesville, AR

#15 Sep 25, 2010
I think I will have to go out there and kick a little ass tonight.

Batesville, AR

#16 Sep 25, 2010
It is 57 bucks the first year and 37 every year after. great place. been a member for several years. drama is where you look for it. Paimmaker is a Lilly.
Resident

Batesville, AR

#17 Sep 26, 2010
Try the Duck Blind in the Ramada Inn. Laid back, zero drama. and good times and $5 a year membership
json

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Oct 1, 2010
when is the halloween party at the moose?
Painmaker

Batesville, AR

#19 Oct 1, 2010
Every night is Halloween party night. All the men dress up like rednecks and all the women dress up like hookers on meth.
otqut

Batesville, AR

#20 Oct 20, 2010
Heard that the Moose is closing next month. What happened?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Batesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 55 min BARNEYII 37,269
Ascent Daycare 5 hr Wondering 3
murder victim Della Harding (Jun '09) 8 hr Malott 46
Bo Derek buying White Buck Ranch ? (Aug '12) 8 hr Guest 31
I hear Bo Derek is in town (Aug '12) 9 hr Bo D 13
Banditos? Gang 9 hr Randall 5
Hot milfs 9 hr Guest 10

Batesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance