no help for batesville citizens

Posted in the Batesville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned citizens

United States

#1 Jan 22, 2013
As I sat helplessly watching a friends house burn to the ground with everything he has going up in smoke, I felt that I needed to help. He now has no clothes NOTHING. Help and hope & second time around both told me that are not allowed to donate anything, yet thay get everything that thay have from batesville as a small town of family and friends & neighbors. I ask for only a pair of jeans and a couple of shirts. NO is what I got.
brian fallos

Searcy, AR

#2 Jan 22, 2013
I hate to hear things like that-never in my life will i ever make another donation to health and hope.i never have made a donation to 2nd time around and will not in the future.That is a shame.
prayers for you and the fire victim

United States

#3 Jan 22, 2013
This is terrible ..I have given them bags and bags of clothes ..name brand I may add and they can't give you one pair of jeans for your friend. I too will never give to them again. Its so sad to see someone lose everything and you go and ask for help and they do this..good luck to you and this person that lost everything.
slicker

United States

#4 Jan 22, 2013
What's size shirts does he need and pants size
wtf

United States

#5 Jan 22, 2013
This has got to be a joke. After all my wife and I have given them they can't even give back just a little. I will NEVER give them another thing. That is awful.
wtf

United States

#6 Jan 22, 2013
slicker wrote:
What's size shirts does he need and pants size
he needs pants 31 30 shirts medium
slicker

United States

#7 Jan 22, 2013
I may have some shirts and maybe a pair of pants
dave

United States

#8 Jan 22, 2013
I agree. I give lots to this place. Not anymore I'm done. Wake up people. Help your neighbors. This is a used pair of jeans ..don't you have several hundred?? You can't give one pair to help out someone?
brian

Lockhart, TX

#9 Jan 22, 2013
brian fallos wrote:
I hate to hear things like that-never in my life will i ever make another donation to health and hope.i never have made a donation to 2nd time around and will not in the future.That is a shame.
prayers for you and the fire victim
I C U

Batesville, AR

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Before we go condemning this organization, is there any evidence if these accusations other the posting of a anonymous man on a mostly in moderated forum sit that has a reputation for starting baseless rumors. If this is indeed true, it is a very unfortunate event and these programs should be replace with ones that do their job. However, until then, it would be a shame to see a donation organization do poorly due to some post with no evidence or credibility (since it is anonymous and you could say anything).
dee

Batesville, AR

#11 Jan 22, 2013
are you serious??? I took them at least ten bags last week of stuff. Clothes. a pc. books. I wont take them anything else if that is how they really are.
actially

Batesville, AR

#12 Jan 22, 2013
To hell with this place ill never take anything there or buy from them if there gonna do crap that's bs
true

United States

#13 Jan 22, 2013
It is true.. call them. Ask them if they had a man come in this afternoon and ask for a pair of jeans and a shirt. You will see.
wtf

United States

#14 Jan 22, 2013
I will agree with your concern about making false statements. But if it will help u with your concerns, go and ask if u can get even a small donation to help a family in need. Unfortunately will see that this isn't a false statement.

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Jan 22, 2013
It is true, but if you doubt it, please call them before you make another donation and ask them what their policy is on donating to people who need help, such as people who have lost everything in a fire. Then if they tell you they can't help you will know not to give your things to them anymore.
agree

United States

#16 Jan 22, 2013
My sister house burned this summer. My mom went in there and ask for any ripped or torn clothes they couldn't sell and was told no too. The lady said she could sell them but my mom didn't have the money. Also had a baby bed for 25.00 ask if she could take 22.00. Lady said no. 25.00 . So I believe every word
brandon hase

United States

#17 Jan 22, 2013
This is so sorry of not just group of people, but an organization that takes donations from people in the community, but can't help the same people that gave them help in the first place.

United States

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Well if I was you I would write a letter to the Batesville guard. Let people know what they told you. So many people believe their donations goes to people in need not just the community school they say.
sad

United States

#19 Jan 22, 2013
I will take my things from now on to the woman's shelter. I took several things their after my yard sale and they was nice and Even ask if I wanted a receipt for my taxes. I won't ever give to second time around again.
jordan sweet

United States

#21 Jan 22, 2013
This is just like what that did to my sister unlawful. After her house flooded we ask for help, that told us the same thing. Its sorry the way they do people, the same ones that keep them in business with there donations. I will take everything I have to the battered womens shelter from now on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Batesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there an offroading 4x4 jeep club in area? 4 min Batesville resident 3
sherry bailey 4 hr iwouldliketoknow 4
Coltons new bar ??? 5 hr Emery 10
Cause of Homosexuality 5 hr Emery 11
Seriously when are we getting uber 5 hr Nunya469 7
Alexander King 5 hr Nunya469 2
FFO. Funiture 5 hr Nunya469 7

Batesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance