What's a good apartment complex in ba...

What's a good apartment complex in baresville

Posted in the Batesville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mine

Lockhart, TX

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Thinking about moving to batesville

Batesville, AR

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Where is baresville

Batesville, AR

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Sorry I know Arkansas has weird town names just thought this was another
BILL COMPTON

United States

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Throw a dart at a map of the U.S. you'll for sure land on a better town than batesville. Js.
here2help

Batesville, AR

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Ive lived in batesville a looong time, and I have to caution you before you move here...

It's very hard to find a decent wage job here. All the big manufacturing jobs left long ago. There are a couple of small ones like bad boy and lacroix, but nothing even close to what it once was.

Batesville population is continually going down, not up... unless you count the illegal immigrants. The only city in Arkansas with more illegal immigrants in Springdale, both cities now mainly depending on the chicken plants.

As for living space, BEWARE west side, and some parts of east side. These are the more affordable places, but are mainly illegal latinos. It wasn't that long ago when one of the most dangerous drug cartel leaders was arrested here. Don't rent here unless you have a firearm and/or security system.

It's hard for me to say this since I've lived here so long (we really need more sanity in this town), but for your own good, you might want to search elsewhere. I cannot in good conscience recommend Batesville for anyone trying to raise a family on a low budget.

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jan 18, 2013
Westside isn't as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. I have a decent job, but have lived in my house on westside for around 16 years and I like it. My nieghbors are a school teacher, a preacher, two young couples with small children, and a Mexican family who are very clean and quiet. Maybe I am in the "good" part of westside?? Lol!!! Stories get out of hand, and if you don't live here and know what is actually going on you are just buying into the rumors. Get a grip people.

Batesville, AR

#8 Jan 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
Westside isn't as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. I have a decent job, but have lived in my house on westside for around 16 years and I like it. My nieghbors are a school teacher, a preacher, two young couples with small children, and a Mexican family who are very clean and quiet. Maybe I am in the "good" part of westside?? Lol!!! Stories get out of hand, and if you don't live here and know what is actually going on you are just buying into the rumors. Get a grip people.
The story of batesville being a crap town is the absolute truth.

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Jan 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The story of batesville being a crap town is the absolute truth.
You are completely entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is, an opinion. I got an education, was able to get a pretty good job here, and am neither a hillbilly nor a redneck. Maybe instead of hating Batesville, you actually just hate your circumstances.

Batesville, AR

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>You are completely entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is, an opinion. I got an education, was able to get a pretty good job here, and am neither a hillbilly nor a redneck. Maybe instead of hating Batesville, you actually just hate your circumstances.
And whatever your job may be you would make more if you left here. It's a town full of ignorance. Anywhere USA is better. Maybe you've never left but if you did you'd know better. But than again. Ignorance is bliss

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Jan 18, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
And whatever your job may be you would make more if you left here. It's a town full of ignorance. Anywhere USA is better. Maybe you've never left but if you did you'd know better. But than again. Ignorance is bliss
Again, you are entitled to your opinion, my friend. Believe me, I know I could make more money elsewhere, but money isn't everything, and I am happy here. Hope you are happy too, wherever you end up.
chuckem

El Dorado, AR

#12 Jan 19, 2013
BILL COMPTON wrote:
Throw a dart at a map of the U.S. you'll for sure land on a better town than batesville. Js.
Batesville is a chuck city town- instead of coming to Batesville go to Pine Bluff where there are ample jobs and cheap housing.
haha

United States

#13 Jan 19, 2013
chuckem wrote:
<quoted text>
Batesville is a chuck city town- instead of coming to Batesville go to Pine Bluff where there are ample jobs and cheap housing.
Pine bluff ur a nut now that place is a shithole full of shitty people batesville a hundred times better then pine bluff
BILL COMPTON

United States

#14 Jan 19, 2013
For no more factory jobs there are in batesville,there are 3or 4 "temporary" employment agencies in town. Make that what you will.

Batesville, AR

#15 Jan 19, 2013
Try Sulphur Rock

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Jan 19, 2013
Take it from me. I have moved to Batesville three years ago, and within the first week ranked up almost $5000 in debt to the county. The police are crooks and so is the judge. Housing is expensive and jobs don't pay much at all. Schools are okay, but not great. Everyone is greedy and not afraid to show it. Last week during the ice storm a car hit me, pushed me off the road and into another car, totaling mine. yet I'm still ticked for failure to maintain. Once you move here you can never leave.

Iraq

#17 Jan 19, 2013
Guest wrote:
Take it from me. I have moved to Batesville three years ago, and within the first week ranked up almost $5000 in debt to the county. The police are crooks and so is the judge. Housing is expensive and jobs don't pay much at all. Schools are okay, but not great. Everyone is greedy and not afraid to show it. Last week during the ice storm a car hit me, pushed me off the road and into another car, totaling mine. yet I'm still ticked for failure to maintain. Once you move here you can never leave.
Lol, how can you not leave? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. If you want to leave then leave. No one is forcing you to stay in Batesville. Maybe you can't leave because you are to dumb to figure out how to get off your ass and leave. At least it seems that way by the dumb comment you made.
Cameron

United States

#18 Jan 20, 2013
Guest wrote:
Very true. Once your down, they will continue to knock you down until you can't get back up.

My mom passed away when i was 12 and my dad when i was 16. Worked and paid the bills living in my dads house alone till I was 18, then moving to Batesville for work at Arkansas Lime and ConAgra foods. although I was suppose to be living with my aunt, she didn't want me. I was involved in a one vehicle accident because of rain and the lime on the windshield, I couldn't see. with liability insurance at age 18. Working two jobs at the time my Truck was impounded, and was over 2k in damages. So I lost it, since I couldn't afford to get it out. I had no savings and didn't know how horrible this city is. I had over $2000 in fines and had to work community service and be on probation, making me have to quit one job. I ended up having to go down to Carmart to get a car to get to work, got screwed there too.$300 a week is a bit much for a 12 year old car, but it's all they said they could do for me with no credit and no co signer. I couldn't afford to pay the sales tax on the car in time, almost had it all saved up.$900 and something, and I was ticketed again for failure to register four times, over 1000 in fines. Again just trying to get to work to pay my existing ones. Right now I can't move counties, and have built up with interest $10,000.00 I owe the county. I wish I never moved here.
lawman

United States

#19 Jan 20, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you haven't had good luck in this wonderful town of Batesville. It's a great place to live. You should have just walked to work until you could afford a car and sales tax. Just pay your fines down and your probation fees and then you can legally move once its paid down to $1500. It's just a safety precaution to make sure everyone pays their fines that's on probation.

Iraq

#20 Jan 20, 2013
lawman wrote:
I'm sorry to hear you haven't had good luck in this wonderful town of Batesville. It's a great place to live. You should have just walked to work until you could afford a car and sales tax. Just pay your fines down and your probation fees and then you can legally move once its paid down to $1500. It's just a safety precaution to make sure everyone pays their fines that's on probation.
You can just move and the Batesville cops won't ever find you. They suck at there job and the only way they can find you is if someone turns you in. That is why they are always asking for the publics' help on cases because they are to lazy to go out and try to find out stuff own their own. Before you disagree "lawman", has the Andrea Davis case been solved yet. Didn't think so. How many other unsolved cases do you have piled up under your coffee cup.

Batesville, AR

#21 Jan 20, 2013
I challenge you to find a better sheriff anywhere, than Sheriff Jeffery. He is doing an excellent job. Batesville is the best town in the world to live in, I never have any problems with the police. What is wrong with you people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Batesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minister petitions to ban beer, wine 1 hr guest 113
Wrecking updates on 8-25-16 wreck in Bethesda? Sat Gw63557d 1
Established Liquor Thanks Religious Right Group... Sat guest 8
News Batesville approves aquatic center fees Sat Nunya469 6
walmart petition people Aug 25 Guest 31
Looking for info Aug 24 humm 5
Classmates gone to soon! (Jul '10) Aug 24 Kgh 153

Batesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance