Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

who has the balls to try to make it a wet county?
ha ha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

i dont know, just would rather it be one. better food places, people would not have to drive as far to get beer or any other beverage
hmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

ha ha wrote:
i dont know, just would rather it be one. better food places, people would not have to drive as far to get beer or any other beverage
more innocent people killed by drunk drivers, more children orphaned, more families torn apart, higher crime rates due to drunkeness. I like the fact that Ind. Co. is a dry county. If Jackson County is too far for you to drive for your beer, maybe you should move closer to Newport......
jjjj

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
more innocent people killed by drunk drivers, more children orphaned, more families torn apart, higher crime rates due to drunkeness. I like the fact that Ind. Co. is a dry county. If Jackson County is too far for you to drive for your beer, maybe you should move closer to Newport......
Good idea!!!!!!!
My opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget about the Moose, Josie's, or the Duck Blind? People get sloppy drunk here, then drive home. It doesn't matter if Independence County is a wet or dry county, people are still going to get drunk and do stupid things. Eventhough people have to drive to Elgin or Newport to get beer, they still bring it back to Independence Co. At least if Ind. Co were a wet county, then maybe people could buy their alcohol here and enjoy it in the comfort of their own home without having to go to the Moose, Josies, or the Duck Blind and then driving while intoxicated.
Mexican_Pride

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

Its people like you that make us have to bring in troopers like Chad condar he would have that crud cleaned up in no time!!(and when he worked here he did just that)and its because of a bunch of drunkin idiots Im glad this is a dry county if you dont like it move and we could get rid of some of the scum in this county rich or poor!!!
Yal stink

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Mexican pride u can eat s--t an die go back 2 mexico where u belong u hav no right here ur whats wrong with this town anyways
hmmmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

My opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget about the Moose, Josie's, or the Duck Blind? People get sloppy drunk here, then drive home. It doesn't matter if Independence County is a wet or dry county, people are still going to get drunk and do stupid things. Eventhough people have to drive to Elgin or Newport to get beer, they still bring it back to Independence Co. At least if Ind. Co were a wet county, then maybe people could buy their alcohol here and enjoy it in the comfort of their own home without having to go to the Moose, Josies, or the Duck Blind and then driving while intoxicated.
no, I did not forget about those places. That's my point. If Ind. Co. becomes a wet county the rate of alcohol related deaths and crime will soar. It's bad enough we have these few places that allow people to leave intoxicated, the last thing we need is more.

Yes, people bring their booze into the county. That's fine, assuming you're an adult, but because it is a longer drive, it serves as a deterrent for drunks to drive. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, obviously it does. But if we become a wet county, more people are going to chance driving drunk the 4 miles to buy booze than to drive the extra 20 or more miles.....
Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

did you know in Baxter county when it went wet dwi`s went down 80% thats right look it up cause all they do is go get there beer and go home and drink it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Im with you HMMMMMMM it does need to stay a dry county we have enough happenings with just the booze that is brought into this town (county) and with the local places that can serve.We dont need any more here.
ha ha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

not everyone who goes out to buy alcohol drinks and drives. so you cant kindly drink a glass of shut the fuŠk up for telling people to move.

Level 2

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

ker72501 wrote:
did you know in Baxter county when it went wet dwi`s went down 80% thats right look it up cause all they do is go get there beer and go home and drink it
I have heard this about many places that have went wet,when a person has to drive to get booze alot of them will pop em open when they get them and then drive while getting drunk,plus the people who buy it are going to go get it anyway so why shouldnt Ind county have the tax money that is getting spent in other countys anyway.hmm they are talking about raising taxes for the new complex so wouldnt getting our share of the booze sales help with that project too? Plus look at how many people from other towns and countys that are close to us that would also spend money in batesville,wonder how many new jobs a few stores would create?

I dont care that this is a dry county but it makes sense to get taxes on things people are gonna buy somewhere else anyway.
Heck when we didnt have the lottery i went to Mo to buy my tickets and if I won anything while I was there Id buy more tickets have lunch or something before I left, so most of the time they got that money back

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

people no matter where it come from it will be available ppl just neeed to learn to be responsible its here and it will remain here thats a fact
bradley

Hope, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

retarded *ss religiomorons. its the go**amn women i blame and their stupid pu**y husbands
bradley

Hope, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

ppl drive to newport and drink on way back you dumb hicks.
Uh huh uh huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

When you have to drive 30 miles to get alcohol, backroadin and drinkin will pop in your head every time! Now that I live in a wet county, There are no backroads between my house and the beer store. I grab my beer and go to the house. I can only get 1 beer down time I get home.

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2011

Judged:

hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>no, I did not forget about those places. That's my point. If Ind. Co. becomes a wet county the rate of alcohol related deaths and crime will soar. It's bad enough we have these few places that allow people to leave intoxicated, the last thing we need is more.

Yes, people bring their booze into the county. That's fine, assuming you're an adult, but because it is a longer drive, it serves as a deterrent for drunks to drive. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, obviously it does. But if we become a wet county, more people are going to chance driving drunk the 4 miles to buy booze than to drive the extra 20 or more miles.....
If you check you will find there are more alcohol related fatalities in dry counties. You moral objections hold no basis in fact.
LolitaP

Batesville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2011

more alcohol here than the state of Texas, and all these religious affiliations dont do anything about anything else, but by cracky we aint gonna have a wet county. they wont fight against our religious freedoms being taken away and all the other things our corrupt state/fed govt does, but we wont have alcohol. and the law does nothing to drunk drivers. they fight more over keeping alcohol out of here than they do protecting childern from predators.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of110
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Batesville Forum right now

Search the Batesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 34 min BARNEYII 28,934
Ind CO Jail 1 hr Pinky 4
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 2 hr Newport 213
dhs 4 hr Guest 12
Randy Willison 4 hr poetic 9
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Guest 937
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Guest 1,761
•••
•••
•••
•••

Batesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Batesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••