Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
JonTobi, Edith, Belinda, Sgt Bro, et al, learned a new word today. Maybe tomorrow they will learn how to use it in a relevant sentence that makes sense. KISS.
Get over yourself.
Belinda

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
JonTobi, Edith, Belinda, Sgt Bro, et al, learned a new word today. Maybe tomorrow they will learn how to use it in a relevant sentence that makes sense. KISS.
It's et al. Try not to use words above your scope.
Turkeys

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Belinda wrote:
<quoted text>It's et al. Try not to use words above your scope.
Just try using Scope every now and then stinky!
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Look For the Union Label wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, those that choose to withdraw from the union are allowed to. If they go to work, they are referred to as Scabs, have their cars burned and are beaten mercilessly. I do love the union label.
ok if you are being harrased take that up with your employer i do not care nor will i ever. noone deserves to be treated in anyway like the ways you just referenced; so with that being said, grow some spine and stick up for yourself.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>ok if you are being harrased take that up with your employer i do not care nor will i ever. noone deserves to be treated in anyway like the ways you just referenced; so with that being said, grow some spine and stick up for yourself.
They have harassed the families of people who voted against joining the union. The votes are not allowed to be kept private. Lots of people had to vote yes just to make sure their family stayed safe.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I make the same wage now as I did in 2005. I have fewer vacation days and my health care has been cut. When we did get raises, they were usually 2%. This was all union negotiated.
As a non-union person before this job, my raises were roughly 8%.
When I asked about leaving the union some years ago, I was told I would still be required to pay union dues and if I had a problem, I would get no union representation. That's about the ONLY good thing a union does- is fight to keep someones job when they get in trouble. Though many times the person deserves to be fired. It wasn't worth going through any trouble, so I never took any action. I just have no use for it and never go to meetings or get involved in any way. I do see other union members getting disgusted with things too and more and more are wanting to dissolve the union.
A different union where I work is already in the midst of voting to dissolve their union, which only formed about five years ago. They saw how the union prevented them from getting any raises or fringe benefits. The union officers only negotiate the things they want for themselves and the other members are left out. People who used to be friends, no longer are.
wait what? you make the same wage but when you did get raises it was 2 percent?... that makes no sense.. and unions did do drastic negotiations when the collapse happend because we are all in this together... and of course you were getting raises before then because the economy was actually doing well until 2002 when wars were starting and economy was doing "ok" and noone knew anything about the stock market and banks and what investors where doing, when in my opinion i think bush knew exactly what was going on but that's just my opinion, in 05 06 people were getting greedy and slowed down raises and did all kinds of adjustments to benifits to skew their profits.. in 07 08 the bubble bursts and here we are.. no telling when we might get a raise next. you were also lied to they were making you pay for the benefit of them fight for you because if you wanted out without that benefit and wanted to just be on your own you could have. that's what the law says. also any union who is just in it for their union officers benefits then i consider them just as greedy as the ceo's and i do agree with you on that, that the right thing to do is dissolve. Like i said though a victim of a new upcoming union or a victim of a bad union does not take the place Millions of americans like i said that rely on good union help. If unions were so bad then they wouldn't have tried to or successfully stopped most of the union busting that was going on after the tea party republicans took office in 2010. wisconsin, ohio, michigan, iowa, many states fought to keep those unions.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>ok if you are being harrased take that up with your employer i do not care nor will i ever. noone deserves to be treated in anyway like the ways you just referenced; so with that being said, grow some spine and stick up for yourself.
Hey Ding Dong looks like your Twinkie UNION FAILED AGAIN! I guess once they started negotiating today they remembered that the right thing to do was have their membership spend Christmas unemployed!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>wait what? you make the same wage but when you did get raises it was 2 percent?... that makes no sense.. and unions did do drastic negotiations when the collapse happend because we are all in this together... and of course you were getting raises before then because the economy was actually doing well until 2002 when wars were starting and economy was doing "ok" and noone knew anything about the stock market and banks and what investors where doing, when in my opinion i think bush knew exactly what was going on but that's just my opinion, in 05 06 people were getting greedy and slowed down raises and did all kinds of adjustments to benifits to skew their profits.. in 07 08 the bubble bursts and here we are.. no telling when we might get a raise next. you were also lied to they were making you pay for the benefit of them fight for you because if you wanted out without that benefit and wanted to just be on your own you could have. that's what the law says. also any union who is just in it for their union officers benefits then i consider them just as greedy as the ceo's and i do agree with you on that, that the right thing to do is dissolve. Like i said though a victim of a new upcoming union or a victim of a bad union does not take the place Millions of americans like i said that rely on good union help. If unions were so bad then they wouldn't have tried to or successfully stopped most of the union busting that was going on after the tea party republicans took office in 2010. wisconsin, ohio, michigan, iowa, many states fought to keep those unions.
Are you sure you are not a Union President? You are just as intelligent and have the same writing skills as most Union Officials. LMAO!
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>FUNNY how you always say that you KNOW people and you have SEEN people but you never say YOU have experienced any of it. Maybe you should put your big boy pants on and get out there in the real world and find a job for a change so you have a little credibility when you speak. Right now you sound like a dude who lays around all day on his mothers couch eating Ho Ho's and Twinkies!
Have a nice day DING DONG!
um no i havent experience any of it .. i have not lived in a union based state nor have i went out of my way to actively seek a job in a union profession to join. i am not a baker, welder, electrician, teacher, coal miner, NFL football player, automobile worker, airline worker, fire fighter, postal worker, nurse, plumber, or roofer, but i do know people that are. i've had my big boy pants on since you were playing pee wee sports... and have worked since i was 15 so i speak with all the credibility in the world and have no desire in hearing what someone who hasn't made it out of a town of 6 thousand people and probably works at the walmart or is relying on it to stay open for job security in a town that is slowly dying and will continue to do so even more so when they put the bypass up. so stuff that in your ho ho... dude.. and think about it for a min ding dong.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you are not a Union President? You are just as intelligent and have the same writing skills as most Union Officials. LMAO!
beleive me i wish i was a union president and could help in the changing of peoples lives for the better.. i'm not gonna give everyone of them a pass but there are more good apples than bad. you keep bashing unions like they don't do anything... that hostess plant was going to go behind unions backs and shut down the factory... judge told ceos to hash it out between union workers and an agreement will get made.. weather for the better or worse... i beleive that the ceo's will not get their bonuses they were promised and union workers will still keep there jobs at the same rate as before..but .. the court mediator will ultimatley decide that.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Ding Dong looks like your Twinkie UNION FAILED AGAIN! I guess once they started negotiating today they remembered that the right thing to do was have their membership spend Christmas unemployed!
um no just as i stated in the previous post... the court mediator will ultimately decide and guide the outcome. hostess as a company may not be in existance.. but some form of the same products will produce either new companies or expand existing ones ...but who knows i'm not the official nor would i want to be. everything until the end is just speculation.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>um no i havent experience any of it .. i have not lived in a union based state nor have i went out of my way to actively seek a job in a union profession to join. i am not a baker, welder, electrician, teacher, coal miner, NFL football player, automobile worker, airline worker, fire fighter, postal worker, nurse, plumber, or roofer, but i do know people that are. i've had my big boy pants on since you were playing pee wee sports... and have worked since i was 15 so i speak with all the credibility in the world and have no desire in hearing what someone who hasn't made it out of a town of 6 thousand people and probably works at the walmart or is relying on it to stay open for job security in a town that is slowly dying and will continue to do so even more so when they put the bypass up. so stuff that in your ho ho... dude.. and think about it for a min ding dong.
SO Ding Dong you admit you have never had a career, never had a profession, but you know people who have! LMAO! How does it feel to be a loser all of your life. If UNIONS are so great why didn't you ever join one? I bet because you are not even smart enough to be an AVERAGE union slug! LOL!

Happy New Years Ding Dong!
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
They have harassed the families of people who voted against joining the union. The votes are not allowed to be kept private. Lots of people had to vote yes just to make sure their family stayed safe.
that sounds like a town over run with union bosses and officials. action should be taken to dessolve the union as you had previously stated or authorities and law enforcement must be notified, or just; like i said earlier, grow some spine.. stand your ground for what you beleive in, and in then end everything tends to work itself out. if union workers are threatning bodily harm then that is something law enforcement should take care of, all i know is me personaly even though i have never been in one but know ALOT of people who are in good unions, i know that they themselves and me myself would never be shadowed in the dark to someone elses threats. i do realize that there are alot of poeple who do live in that fear, but they do not have to, they can stand up for themselves and they should they are grown adults.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>beleive me i wish i was a union president and could help in the changing of peoples lives for the better.. i'm not gonna give everyone of them a pass but there are more good apples than bad. you keep bashing unions like they don't do anything... that hostess plant was going to go behind unions backs and shut down the factory... judge told ceos to hash it out between union workers and an agreement will get made.. weather for the better or worse... i beleive that the ceo's will not get their bonuses they were promised and union workers will still keep there jobs at the same rate as before..but .. the court mediator will ultimatley decide that.
What gives YOU or any employee the right to dictate what the boss gets paid? You do what you get paid to do and if you don't like it move on, find another job. Or maybe work hard and move up the company ladder and eventually make what the boss makes. Why so jealous of people who succede in life. Don't like the conditions you signed up for LEAVE!

Level 1

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>wait what? you make the same wage but when you did get raises it was 2 percent?... that makes no sense.. and unions did do drastic negotiations when the collapse happend because we are all in this together... and of course you were getting raises before then because the economy was actually doing well until 2002 when wars were starting and economy was doing "ok" and noone knew anything about the stock market and banks and what investors where doing, when in my opinion i think bush knew exactly what was going on but that's just my opinion, in 05 06 people were getting greedy and slowed down raises and did all kinds of adjustments to benifits to skew their profits.. in 07 08 the bubble bursts and here we are.. no telling when we might get a raise next. you were also lied to they were making you pay for the benefit of them fight for you because if you wanted out without that benefit and wanted to just be on your own you could have. that's what the law says. also any union who is just in it for their union officers benefits then i consider them just as greedy as the ceo's and i do agree with you on that, that the right thing to do is dissolve. Like i said though a victim of a new upcoming union or a victim of a bad union does not take the place Millions of americans like i said that rely on good union help. If unions were so bad then they wouldn't have tried to or successfully stopped most of the union busting that was going on after the tea party republicans took office in 2010. wisconsin, ohio, michigan, iowa, many states fought to keep those unions.
That's exactly right. My raises were mostly around 2%. Then we took a large paycut two years ago and that set us back to earlier wages. At the same time, we lost some vacation time and also took a reduction in health care benefits along with higher health care costs. They also increased our workloads at the same time. The union okayed all this at the urging of our union leaders. Shortly after this happened the other nonunion employees got large raises.

Level 1

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure you are not a Union President? You are just as intelligent and have the same writing skills as most Union Officials. LMAO!
You're just full of nice words for other posters today, aren't you? He actually has been quite polite in his disagreements. Try to be nice back, okay?

Level 1

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>beleive me i wish i was a union president and could help in the changing of peoples lives for the better.. i'm not gonna give everyone of them a pass but there are more good apples than bad. you keep bashing unions like they don't do anything... that hostess plant was going to go behind unions backs and shut down the factory... judge told ceos to hash it out between union workers and an agreement will get made.. weather for the better or worse... i beleive that the ceo's will not get their bonuses they were promised and union workers will still keep there jobs at the same rate as before..but .. the court mediator will ultimatley decide that.
If they had no union, I bet none of this would be happening.
Drugstore Cowboy

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Turkeys wrote:
<quoted text>Just try using Scope every now and then stinky!
It's tough on you trying so hard to be all grown up and all, isn't it?

Level 1

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text> um no just as i stated in the previous post... the court mediator will ultimately decide and guide the outcome. hostess as a company may not be in existance.. but some form of the same products will produce either new companies or expand existing ones ...but who knows i'm not the official nor would i want to be. everything until the end is just speculation.
Did I hear they are considering moving to Mexico? Would you blame them if they did? Seriously, if a truck is delivering a truckload of stuff to a store, is it right that that truck is not "allowed" to carry Twinkies on that truck even though he's going there anyway? It must be a "union member driving a different truck" to get the boxes of Twinkies to that store? Really? With gas prices the way they are?

Level 1

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>that sounds like a town over run with union bosses and officials. action should be taken to dessolve the union as you had previously stated or authorities and law enforcement must be notified, or just; like i said earlier, grow some spine.. stand your ground for what you beleive in, and in then end everything tends to work itself out. if union workers are threatning bodily harm then that is something law enforcement should take care of, all i know is me personaly even though i have never been in one but know ALOT of people who are in good unions, i know that they themselves and me myself would never be shadowed in the dark to someone elses threats. i do realize that there are alot of poeple who do live in that fear, but they do not have to, they can stand up for themselves and they should they are grown adults.
Yes, they should, but should a parent live in fear when their child heads to school not knowing if they will return home? It's easier just to go along with the crowd. You know, like Warrior does.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Batesville Forum right now

Search the Batesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Darryl Thompson 1 hr hmmm 12
Teacher jailed for shoplifting 1 hr Black 29
Stupid country music loving rednecks. 2 hr country_life_23 65
Drug and alcohol rehab facility that allow you ... (Feb '12) 2 hr msjfalcone 121
Dr.Rumans 4 hr guest3 9
Johnny Downs (Aug '12) 6 hr Not confused 134
Looking for Ray-Ray (Jul '08) 7 hr guest 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Batesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••