Overrated.
gregg

Batesville, AR

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Nope
Bloodbought

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 8, 2012
It's under read that's the problem with the world today!!! It would never be over rated!!! People post things like this for shock I'm sure but until you have experienced the fulness of God's love and the peace he places in your heart, don't say negative things about the bible. One day when judgement comes you will have to answer to God almighty.
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#4 Nov 8, 2012
A book of Myths, some of which are useful.

Batesville, AR

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Guess wrote:
Here's the problem most of you ain't figured out. Almighty God knows best for all of you and that the reason you are having so many problems you won't do what he tells you too.
Exactly! If I didn't believe in heaven and hell then I wouldn't know how to behave. I don't murder people because I don't want to go to hell. Plain and simple.
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#7 Nov 8, 2012
Bloodbought wrote:
It's under read that's the problem with the world today!!!
I agree, it is under read. Surely anyone who read through with a clear and unbiased mind would come to the conclusion that it is a work of fiction, in some parts realistic fiction, still fiction none the less. It's has some of my favorite ancient stories in it. Samson and Delilah for one. Though I'd have to say the works of Homer are far more interesting.
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! If I didn't believe in heaven and hell then I wouldn't know how to behave. I don't murder people because I don't want to go to hell. Plain and simple.
I feel sorry for you. This says something terrible about your moral integrity if fear of punishment is all that keeps you in check.
Bloodbought

Dallas, TX

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Even a murderer can be forgiven, even though I don't advise anyone to do that. There is one one unforgivable sin and that's denying Jesus Christ or blasphemy against the holy ghost. And that's exactly what people are doing by down grading the bible.
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
For example: I don't murder people because I think of all the pain it would bring to not only the victim, but all the people that care for them.
just me

Searcy, AR

#11 Nov 8, 2012
Terry Steward wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, it is under read. Surely anyone who read through with a clear and unbiased mind would come to the conclusion that it is a work of fiction, in some parts realistic fiction, still fiction none the less. It's has some of my favorite ancient stories in it. Samson and Delilah for one. Though I'd have to say the works of Homer are far more interesting.
Been a Christian for twenty years, read the book frequently. Fiction? No. Interesting? Definitely.
Bloodbought

Dallas, TX

#13 Nov 8, 2012
It is someones choice as to whether or not they choose to serve God. However with that being said it's not God's will that any should perish. He wants us to serve him and worship him in spirit and in truth. He is no respecter of persons and what he has done for me he will do for you too. God is good all the time!!!
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#16 Nov 8, 2012
I don't think anyone should live for themselves or for a god. We should live and think as a global community for the good of all life, not just the cultural or religious ideologies we were born into. The idea that any one religion or culture holds the patent on what is morally correct has led to far too much bloodshed to be a good thing.
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#17 Nov 8, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Been a Christian for twenty years, read the book frequently. Fiction? No. Interesting? Definitely.
Let me ask you this. From the first time you read it to the last, did you already believe in the god of the bible and that the book was truth?
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#18 Nov 8, 2012
Also, god in the bible offers free-will in the same way the mob does. Do what I say or be punished, that is by no means freedom. It is coercion at best.

Batesville, AR

#20 Nov 8, 2012
Guess wrote:
<quoted text>millions of people have the same attitude as you and one day they die and wake up in hell. If you reject Jesus, when he died for you. It clearly tells you in the bible you will stand before him, he will tell you depart he never knew you. Then you will be thrown in hell. You have one chance now to repent. Don't waste your chance. Millions of people out there died thinking they were smarter than God died in their sins and woke up in hell. The is a real satan his goal is to get you in hell with him. Once in hell you are there forever. I pray you will be smart and not reject Jesus. He was beaten and bruised and died for you to save you from hell. Accept jesus you will have everlasting life in heaven with him He loves you more than anyone on this earth. don't be stupid just like all the millions of people in hell.
Did jesus really die for you or me? I mean, he came back to life and lives forever now, that's not exactly death now is it? I'd honor the sacrifice of any soldier who died protecting our country, but some dude who supposedly died for me just to come back to life and live forever? HA!
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#22 Nov 8, 2012
Guess wrote:
<quoted text>millions of people have the same attitude as you and one day they die and wake up in hell. If you reject Jesus, when he died for you. It clearly tells you in the bible you will stand before him, he will tell you depart he never knew you. Then you will be thrown in hell. You have one chance now to repent. Don't waste your chance. Millions of people out there died thinking they were smarter than God died in their sins and woke up in hell. The is a real satan his goal is to get you in hell with him. Once in hell you are there forever. I pray you will be smart and not reject Jesus. He was beaten and bruised and died for you to save you from hell. Accept jesus you will have everlasting life in heaven with him He loves you more than anyone on this earth. don't be stupid just like all the millions of people in hell.
I know most believers can't see the immorality of a place of eternal torture, but I'll never believe in or bow in service to any being that would create such a place. Especially if they claim to be all knowing, all powerful, and all good and still can't come up with a better solution. Especially If doubt and disbelief = guaranteed spot in hell, but a necrophiliac child molester can apologize and still get in heaven. So no whether heaven turns out to be real or not I'd rather not go there. Luckily I'm not worried about any after-life, I'll stick to real life where compassion matters and a loving family is paramount.
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#23 Nov 8, 2012
Also, for those of you who say god is all good all the time. Where did evil come from?
Bloodbought

Dallas, TX

#24 Nov 9, 2012
All we have to do is watch the news or even just walk around the area you live in. It is all around us. There are even many people that follow Satan knowingly. You also have to wonder who or what is blinding us from knowing God. The existence of God is actually quite obvious, but what stops us supposedly intelligent beings from seeing the obvious. According to 2 Corinthians 4:4 it is Satan. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. If we were to deny the existence of Hell and Satan, then we would have to believe that the Bible is unreliable and Demonic Possession is a figment of ones imagination. It would also mean that Jesus death on the Cross was meaningless as he supposedly died to save us from hell and to destroy the works of the Evil One. In fact the whole Christian faith would be pointless. This would also mean that we could all live very evil lives as there would be no punishment. would a just and Almighty God allow evil free reign with no punishment or consequences? What about all the people that suffer because of the sins of others. Did Adolph Hitler get away with his crime against humanity ? If we humans decided to abolish all prisons and punishment, then it would obviously lead to a world of chaos as people would would no longer fear retribution for their crimes. In fact if such a decision were made I am sure that even your friend would see the foolishness in such a move. Well, why would God do this. If we sinful humans punish sin for good reason, then why would a just and mighty God let sin go unpunished. God is very forgiving and it is not his will that any should perish but have everlasting life. If more people would study their bible and allow Jesus into their lifes this world would be a much better place and wouldn't be in the condition it is in today. Simply apply God's word to your life and allow him to place his peace in your heart and I promise you will not question his existence again.
Terry Steward

Dallas, TX

#25 Nov 9, 2012
Bloodbought wrote:
All we have to do is watch the news or even just walk around the area you live in. It is all around us. There are even many people that follow Satan knowingly. You also have to wonder who or what is blinding us from knowing God. The existence of God is actually quite obvious, but what stops us supposedly intelligent beings from seeing the obvious. According to 2 Corinthians 4:4 it is Satan. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. If we were to deny the existence of Hell and Satan, then we would have to believe that the Bible is unreliable and Demonic Possession is a figment of ones imagination. It would also mean that Jesus death on the Cross was meaningless as he supposedly died to save us from hell and to destroy the works of the Evil One. In fact the whole Christian faith would be pointless. This would also mean that we could all live very evil lives as there would be no punishment. would a just and Almighty God allow evil free reign with no punishment or consequences? What about all the people that suffer because of the sins of others. Did Adolph Hitler get away with his crime against humanity ? If we humans decided to abolish all prisons and punishment, then it would obviously lead to a world of chaos as people would would no longer fear retribution for their crimes. In fact if such a decision were made I am sure that even your friend would see the foolishness in such a move. Well, why would God do this. If we sinful humans punish sin for good reason, then why would a just and mighty God let sin go unpunished. God is very forgiving and it is not his will that any should perish but have everlasting life. If more people would study their bible and allow Jesus into their lifes this world would be a much better place and wouldn't be in the condition it is in today. Simply apply God's word to your life and allow him to place his peace in your heart and I promise you will not question his existence again.
I could make a case against so much of this argument, but I realize I could probably make my point with just one question. You asked if Hitler got away with his crimes against humanity clearly the answer is no seeing as how he commited suicide and the nazi party is all but history. Let me ask this did the over 6 million jewish people who were tortured and worked to death in some of the most horrible means fathomable get justice by your standards or are they also in your hell for not believing in Jesus? Food for thought me thinks.
Bloodbought

Dallas, TX

#26 Nov 9, 2012
I clearly can't answer that question seeing as how I can not know of they were right with God. I can only answer for my own salvation and encourage others to to turn to Jesus and give him a chance. I do know this..... There are Jews who worship and believe in Jesus and Jesus was king of the Jews so with that being said I would think there are some who will get into heaven. But my friend there is gonna be a real burning hell and a real heaven the choice is clearly up to you. I just pray that more people will turn to Jesus instead and learn the power of his resurrection and love him the way he should be loved and honored and worshipped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Batesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
local unsolved murders (Aug '09) 21 min molly b 175
Interesting Batesville History (Jun '11) 1 hr molly b 209
Maumelle Horr running scared 1 hr molly b 2
Italian Grill 1 hr The New Nunya69 2
Blowing Cave Cushman 1 hr The New Nunya69 13
Darryl Thompson who's he seeing now?? 4 hr Smh 7
China king Chinese restaurant near hawgs 4 hr here 11
More from around the web

Batesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE