Bastrop fire still not contained

Sep 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KVUE.com

A Bastrop fire caused several people to be evacuated. People in the areas of Wilderness Ridge, Cedar Creek and Alan Creek are being asked to leave.

Comments
1 - 20 of 487 Comments Last updated Sep 22, 2011
First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Alison

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Does anyone know the area the fires are in bastrop? Maybe the bounbries by roads...
what if

Odessa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Heard hwy 71 and hwy 21 are closed. Fire was moving to the Southwest. 300 homes burnt.
Marc

Portland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Alison,

There is little to no information - and I'm here! I can tell you that everything along hwy 71, East of Hwy 95 to about Alum Creek has been evacuated. I can see the flames coming from all over the Tahitian Village/Colovista neighborhoods. I heard from a fire scanner that the fire has jumped the river in several places and is blowing South
susie

Cedar Hill, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

just heard from my sister who lives in Lake Bastrop Acres that the Tahitian Village/Colovista neighborhoods are burned. her friends house was in the Tahitian Village and is gone. She just had 5 firetrucks go by her going towards her neighborhood and they were evacuated a couple of hours ago. does anybody know if that neighborhood is on fire?
Alison wrote:
Does anyone know the area the fires are in bastrop? Maybe the bounbries by roads...
susie

Cedar Hill, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Judged:

also the convenience store in that area is gone, fire got to the gas station part and blew up
susie

Cedar Hill, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

09/04/2011 0823 PM

1 miles E of Circle d-kc esugerville, Bastrop County.

Wildfire e14000 acre, reported by Forest service.

300 homes destroyed... fire caused highways 21 and 71 to
close... and at one time was 16 miles by 4 miles. The
fire is located near FM 1441 and Highway 21. 2000 to
3000 acres of the 6500 acre Bastrop State Park has
burned. The fire started in Circle-d around noon and
merged with a second fire just south of Highway 290. The
fire crossed the Colorado River in two places.
Alison wrote:
Cindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

My brother is living off Lower Red Rock Road off Hwy 304. Is the fire heading in his direction? I am in Austin and cannot get to him in time if he had to be evacuated. He does not have transportation out and has 13 cats that he WILL NOT leave behind. Which direction is this fire moving in? I can't seem to find out anything and am trying NOT to freak out about it.
Sherri

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

I have friends who live in Tahitian Village. Can anyone tell me how badly it has been affected? They live on Kaanapali.
Debbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Does anyone know how close the fire is to 1441 and hwy 95? My mother had a house there.
ABC

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Evacuation/fire info is posted by the Bastrop County Office of Emergency Management on the following Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/... #!/pages/Bastrop-County-Office -of-Emergency-Management/19320 2960708177
Sherri

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Debbie,
it is my understanding that is the area of the fire. I've been listening to fire scanners and 1441 has been mentioned many times. 1441 has been shut down, along with 21. Hope your mother is safe.
Jen

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Why are they asking Cedar Creek to evacuate, we are about 15 miles west of that area?
Charity

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Cindy wrote:
My brother is living off Lower Red Rock Road off Hwy 304. Is the fire heading in his direction? I am in Austin and cannot get to him in time if he had to be evacuated. He does not have transportation out and has 13 cats that he WILL NOT leave behind. Which direction is this fire moving in? I can't seem to find out anything and am trying NOT to freak out about it.
The fire is on 304 but i don't think it has made it that far down 304. You might want to try to get to him just in case
Charity

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Sherri wrote:
I have friends who live in Tahitian Village. Can anyone tell me how badly it has been affected? They live on Kaanapali.
Most of Tahitian Village has been burned to the ground. Hope your friends made it out ok.
ABC

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Listen to live Bastrop County Public Safety scanner transmissions on the following web site. Transmissions are sporatic, so you may have to listen for a minute or so before you hear transmissions.
CLICK ON THE MICROPHONE ICON IN THE "LISTEN" COLUMN ON THE FOLLOWING WEB SITE: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/...
Linda from Canada

Summerside, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Central Texas fires 2011Asks: can you please let us know how many families are in shelters. We are wanting to bring a truck load of items to the families.

>> They are here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Texas-...

I am in Canada >> Just trying to help network

Please let me know what I can do from here .. pass notes etc.
judy

May, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Jen wrote:
Why are they asking Cedar Creek to evacuate, we are about 15 miles west of that area?
I have family in Cedar Creek on Leisure Lane..I know they have been evacuated..but don't know how close the fire is to this area. I have not been able to get in contact with them for hours.
Be Safe.
TXFam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Does anyone know about colavista homes?
Lake Bastrop Acres

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Any news on the lake bastrop acres subdivision?
Juli from California

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Does anyone know if the houses on Hillcrest Drive have burned? I have a brother that lives there

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bastrop Discussions

Search the Bastrop Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 min Defiant1 21,675
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 58 min Hot dog 17,219
fwb nsa Tue Atx_dood 1
Luling Schools (Nov '13) Jul 28 Disgusted 19
Baseball for beginners. Jul 28 Chilly 1
Think It's Hot in Austin Now? Get Used To 110 Jul 28 SpaceBlues 2
Should the condemned suffer? Victim families torn Jul 28 Batch 37 Pain Is Good 2
•••
•••
•••
Bastrop Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bastrop Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••