Death of a granddaughter

Posted in the Bastrop Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Devastated Grandmother

AOL

#1 Apr 6, 2009
My granddaughter was killed in a wreck in Bastrop last week. She was 17 years old.The news said that she was driving,she wasn't!
All I want is the truth to be told. Please anyone with information please tell the truth.Her parents,siblings and I are broken hearted.She deserves the truth ,her life is gone.
Devastated Grandmother

AOL

#2 Apr 6, 2009
I just posted a plea for help with who was driving when my granddaughter was killed.If you know anything you do not have to give your name.Please help us ,we know there were untruths told.She did not deserve this.Her name is Audrey Kay. And she was a beautiful person.Thank You
Joey

Austin, TX

#3 Apr 27, 2009
When and where was this accident?
Devastated Grandmother

AOL

#4 Apr 27, 2009
Joey wrote:
When and where was this accident?
It happened on March 31 on Waugh Way Rd. Her name was Audrey Kay King.
We are so heart broken,we just want the truth because we know there was a cover up. There is no way she was driving.Please go to MeM.com and put in her name and read her memorial page. You will see why. If you have heard anything we would appreciate the info .Thank You for just responding if nothing else.
Joey

Austin, TX

#5 Apr 27, 2009
I am so sorry that you lost your beautiful granddaughter. Regretfully, I cannot help you. I drove by an accident on FM 20 on April 4 and thought that might have been the accident you were talking about. Why do you think she was not driving? You may respond to me at my email address: [email protected] if you wish.
DustyFresh

Bastrop, TX

#6 Aug 3, 2009
Audrey was a good friend of mine..if anyone has any information please share with her..Audrey deserves the truth..nothing can bring her back but she deserves the truth..for her family and everyone that loved her..

http://www.myspace.com/audrey_the_awful

that's her rememberance myspace..

Rest easy Audrey
Audreys Grandmother

United States

#7 Aug 4, 2009
I do not know who you are but THANK YOU for caring enough to respond, It means so much to me. I also lost Audrey's Grandpa {my husband}3 weeks ago so things are really hard right now. We just need some kinda of justice for Audrey.If you are Audrey's friend please do all the things that she was excited about doing.Finish school, go to college and have fun also just be safe and think about your choices.Her mother's heart and mine are broken. We will never see her again on this side anyway.Thanks again for even just responding.
ANONYMOUS

Austin, TX

#8 Sep 21, 2009
Audrey was not driving, Amanda was. It's a fact. I'm so sorry for your loss. For both of them. She was such a sweet hearted girl. Always smiling, always laughing along with anyone else around her.
I am so sorry, though I know this information won't bring her back, she does deserve the truth.
Anonymous

Elgin, TX

#9 Oct 11, 2009
Audrey drove up until Waugh Way Rd. I was with them that night and a friend behind them witnessed them switch seats,everyone knows the truth and is shattered by it. Of course its horribly upsetting and I wonder how this happened to Audrey and to Amanda. Everyday I wonder how god could let something like this happen, but everyday its god that keeps me sane when my mind is full of memorys from that night. No matter what happened that night before we left or who was driving I know we can't take anything back. That's why I do what I think Audrey would want. She doesn't want Amanda to be in pain from this, she loved Amanda with all her heart. I know like you know that she also wants the truth out, and now that it is I only want peace in this tradegy. I'll stand by Amanda because I love her just like Audrey did, I'll stand by her knowing that we wouldn't of left that night if we wouldn't of gotten kicked out, I'll stand by her knowing that it could've been any of us driving that night, for we were all under the impression that we were invincible. This has taught us all a lesson of a life time and I still get a lump in my throat thinking about it. I'll never forget Audreys smile but I'll never wanna see Amanda's go either.
hoping4more

Denver, CO

#10 Oct 11, 2009
i am grateful that it has been publicized that audrey was not driving , but there will be no peace until justice has been served. i nor anyone in audreys family want amanda to suffer from this . what happen to you kids that night was a horrible unforgetable tragedy. but there are consequences to actions . i know if it had been audrey or audreys parents involved they would have owned up to it . the adults involved in this case should set the example.but it is their lack of consciousness and selfishness that will keep this tragedy alive . they should have taken on the responsibility of protecting the youth and instilling some values by taking the keys away and calling the parents . if only...... it is still not to late , the judicial system , the conscious , selfless should give back to audrey and other like her who were taken so tragically early in this life ... see ya later audrey , sending our love
Devastated Grandmother

United States

#11 Oct 11, 2009
Neither Audrey's mother nor I want anything to happen to Amanda or any of you kids. In fact, my daughter is worried about Amanda if you can believe that.I wish that I could be that good. But maybe i can begin to start healing when the people that made you leave has some kind of consequence for their stupidity that night.It could just as easily been all of you killed or their child.So they need to get down on their knees every night and Thank God!!I can tell you for me it is nothing but pure pain in my heart and a feeling of injustice. Because they made you all leave and for the fact also that someone sold the alcohol to under aged kids.There are laws that we are all are suppose to follow and what makes them any different? The TABC and the Bastrop Law Enforcemant should do their job make them answer just like anyone else would have to.
You say all of this has changed you and made you open your eyes. That is the best thing you can tell me.When you talk to Amanda tell her that she is forgiven because you are right, Audrey did love her but now it is up to her to make things right.All she has to do is tell the truth. It is called pay it forward isn't it?
Anonymous

United States

#12 Oct 12, 2009
First, let us acquaint ourselves with some alarming statistics: 250,000 people have died in alcohol-related accidents in the past 10 years; 25,000 people die each year in alcohol related accidents; 500 people are killed weekly and 71 people daily in alcohol-related accidents; one American life is lost every 20 minutes in an alcohol-related car crash; and one out of every two Americans is likely to be involved in an alcohol-related accident in his lifetime. Every year, 708,000 persons are injured, 74,000 of them seriously, in alcohol-related crashes. About 2,000 people receive injuries each day in alcohol-related accidents.
loving cousins

United States

#13 Oct 13, 2009
what does this have to do with my cousins death we are asking for the truth to be told so she can rest in peace and her mother and grandmother can have peace of mind.... we know what the statstics state we do not need a lesson in this we need to know what happened! the truth and not lies.
Anonymous wrote:
First, let us acquaint ourselves with some alarming statistics: 250,000 people have died in alcohol-related accidents in the past 10 years; 25,000 people die each year in alcohol related accidents; 500 people are killed weekly and 71 people daily in alcohol-related accidents; one American life is lost every 20 minutes in an alcohol-related car crash; and one out of every two Americans is likely to be involved in an alcohol-related accident in his lifetime. Every year, 708,000 persons are injured, 74,000 of them seriously, in alcohol-related crashes. About 2,000 people receive injuries each day in alcohol-related accidents.
unknown

Florence, AL

#14 Oct 30, 2009
amanda who?
Devastated Grandmother

United States

#15 Oct 30, 2009
Read The Bastrop Advertiser for October 10th,2009
unknown

Florence, AL

#16 Oct 31, 2009
I cannot find that paper, what was it about?
Devastated Grandmother

United States

#17 Nov 1, 2009
They printed a retraction that said it was not Audrey driving .When it happened they said Audrey was driving and that Amanda was the victim.We knew all the time that it was not her driving so we just wanted the truth told. It was just that we wanted everyone to know that she was not just another teen driver that caused her own death.She deserved the truth.
unknown

Florence, AL

#18 Nov 2, 2009
so what is going to happen to amanda now?
Devastated Grandmother

Chester, SC

#19 Nov 2, 2009
Probably nothing--------
unknown

Florence, AL

#20 Nov 4, 2009
wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bastrop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Public Notice: A Tale of Two PUDs Fri Notice farts 2
Hydros (Watson, Vicoden) Atx Wed Hydraulic Fart 2
News US, Mexico to open first new rail link in over ... Aug 26 Rail farts 2
Thinking Aug 26 Farting 6
Review: Ilovekickboxing - Austin Aug 24 Energy farts 4
News Abortion rights activists arrested for blocking... Aug 24 Hillarys Poop email 2
News Feds threaten Texas over closed abortion clinic Aug 21 Food farts 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bastrop Mortgages