Texas fire destroys 1,554 homes, 17 people missing

There are 20 comments on the St. Augustine Record story from Sep 11, 2011, titled Texas fire destroys 1,554 homes, 17 people missing. In it, St. Augustine Record reports that:

The number of homes destroyed by a Texas wildfire has risen to 1,554 and is expected to further increase as officials enter more areas where the blaze has been extinguished, officials said Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Augustine Record.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#1 Sep 11, 2011
The state of Texas, under Gov. Rick Perry, cut state funding for the volunteer fire departments that protect most of the state from wildfires. Firefighters have actually been dipping into their own pockets to fight fires.

Oh yeah, in Rick Perry’s America, there no longer is an America. Just smaller government with death and destruction everywhere.
lance

Brenham, TX

#2 Sep 11, 2011
liberal bs -- smart people read up and find out what is really said.
Truth Out

Orlando, FL

#3 Sep 11, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The state of Texas, under Gov. Rick Perry, cut state funding for the volunteer fire departments that protect most of the state from wildfires. Firefighters have actually been dipping into their own pockets to fight fires.
Oh yeah, in Rick Perry’s America, there no longer is an America. Just smaller government with death and destruction everywhere.
There's a Major Drought in Texas. That means no rain water. Bigger government doesn't bring Rain.
john

Frisco, TX

#4 Sep 11, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The state of Texas, under Gov. Rick Perry, cut state funding for the volunteer fire departments that protect most of the state from wildfires. Firefighters have actually been dipping into their own pockets to fight fires.
Oh yeah, in Rick Perry’s America, there no longer is an America. Just smaller government with death and destruction everywhere.
actually Rick Perry should be demanding that all of Texas' National Guard troops be returned from Afghanistan and Iraq immediately in order to combat this crisis

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#5 Sep 11, 2011
john wrote:
<quoted text>
actually Rick Perry should be demanding that all of Texas' National Guard troops be returned from Afghanistan and Iraq immediately in order to combat this crisis
-
he's not even there, he's ignoring texas while he runs for president.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#6 Sep 11, 2011
Truth Out wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a Major Drought in Texas. That means no rain water. Bigger government doesn't bring Rain.
Too bad Rick didn't feel that way. Darn, he didn't before he did.
Truth Out

Orlando, FL

#7 Sep 11, 2011
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
-
he's not even there, he's ignoring texas while he runs for president.
Honesty isn't your forte'. Will rick's presence in Texas bring rain? I didn't think so.
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#8 Sep 11, 2011
Truth Out wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a Major Drought in Texas. That means no rain water. Bigger government doesn't bring Rain.
That does not matter marine corps pat like Obama is under orders from Rahm Emanuel, you never can let a serious crisis go to waste. Use the 1554 homeless family's loss to make a political point.
cjrian

United States

#9 Sep 11, 2011
Perry, Perry, Perry

How about the Feds, who've grounded a large part of the air taker fleet used to fight wildfires?

http://wildfiretoday.com/2011/04/15/8-of-the-...

http://biggovernment.com/bmccarty/2011/09/09/...
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#10 Sep 11, 2011
cjrian wrote:
Perry, Perry, Perry
How about the Feds, who've grounded a large part of the air taker fleet used to fight wildfires?
http://wildfiretoday.com/2011/04/15/8-of-the-...
http://biggovernment.com/bmccarty/2011/09/09/...
In a dispute with the union. Teabaggers hate "the Feds" and the Unions. Now? Not so much?

Since: Dec 07

Porter, TX

#11 Sep 11, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The state of Texas, under Gov. Rick Perry, cut state funding for the volunteer fire departments that protect most of the state from wildfires. Firefighters have actually been dipping into their own pockets to fight fires.
Oh yeah, in Rick Perry’s America, there no longer is an America. Just smaller government with death and destruction everywhere.
Another phoney marine fkn lie. What will the chief of nobammer propaganda come up wit next? Volunteer fire departments are supported by individual communities. This lie has been shot down days ago, you're way behind on your bullshit fabrications. Try to keep up, boy.

Since: Dec 07

Porter, TX

#12 Sep 11, 2011
john wrote:
<quoted text>
actually Rick Perry should be demanding that all of Texas' National Guard troops be returned from Afghanistan and Iraq immediately in order to combat this crisis
Texas has more young men and women serving in the military than any other state, ahole!

Since: Dec 07

Porter, TX

#13 Sep 11, 2011
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
-
he's not even there, he's ignoring texas while he runs for president.
Yes he is. how the hell would you know? The left propaganda machine is pumping out it's shit today!! LMAO

Since: Dec 07

Porter, TX

#14 Sep 11, 2011
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text> Too bad Rick didn't feel that way. Darn, he didn't before he did.
That was kerry, you idiot.

Since: Dec 07

Porter, TX

#15 Sep 11, 2011
cjrian wrote:
Perry, Perry, Perry
How about the Feds, who've grounded a large part of the air taker fleet used to fight wildfires?
http://wildfiretoday.com/2011/04/15/8-of-the-...
http://biggovernment.com/bmccarty/2011/09/09/...
Nobama didn't carry Texas in the election. Answers your question, bud. The president is not an American first.
cjrian

United States

#16 Sep 11, 2011
Wall Street Government wrote:
In a dispute with the union. Teabaggers hate "the Feds" and the Unions. Now? Not so much?
Item - it's not a union dispute, the cpmany's NAME is Aero Union

Item - The TEA Party doesn't hate government. They hate improper government interferance. The Feds SHOULD take care of National Defense, external and internal (which widfires would come under), but the Feds should not be dabbling in every facet of life, life health insurance and education (a local and State issue). Nor should the Feds be taking money from investors to give to unions, especially monolopistic unions like the UAW. Each level of government has it's proper place. But when a level of government exceeds its authority, it is correct to say it is wrong.

Item - Try getting information about the TEA Party (and the Right, in general) from over-the-top biased Leftwing sources - they lie. When I want to find out about the Left's point of view, I look to the Left, and sort out the B$ from the Truth.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#17 Sep 11, 2011
I’m still ignoring the desperate groupies… sorry, LOL.
Truth Out

Orlando, FL

#18 Sep 11, 2011
Why doesn't obama go to texas? A hurricane of rain is sure to follow.

Since: Dec 07

Porter, TX

#19 Sep 11, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I’m still ignoring the desperate groupies… sorry, LOL.
That's because you're a chicken shit.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#20 Sep 11, 2011
Truth Out wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a Major Drought in Texas. That means no rain water. Bigger government doesn't bring Rain.
Major Drought is there? How about General Screw-up?
Or Colonel Corn? Those guys usually stick together.
If you see Private Parts, tell him hello. And my best
to Corporal Punishment.

What Perry should do is secede Texas from the Union
and see if that does any good. He said he'd like to
and now is the time to find out if it works.

Bye, bye, Texas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bastrop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr Test fart 639
Great tar in Austin for cheap (Jan '14) 11 hr Wetfarting 8
Where is Charlie brown ? 11 hr Fartbox 36
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 11 hr Frank Pharts 819
Sad!!!!! Sun Farts 7
amanda ramirez Apr 30 joe 1
narcissistic church leader Apr 30 Tom 1
More from around the web

Bastrop People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]