Fires still burning throughout Central Texas, including Bastrop, Steiner Ranch

Sep 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Austin American-Statesman

Several wildfires continue to burn and many neighborhoods have been forced to evacuate throughout Central Texas today.

Comments
61 - 74 of 74 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
chris harmon

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Judged:

R_christian_AR wrote:
TEA PARTIES smaller government really works!!!!
Smaller government means fewer government means fewer workers and also means fewer firefighters. Not enough firefighters to put out the fires is WHAT the TEA PARTY wants. Texas got what it deserves, fewer firefighters and less fire equipment in the budget is what Texas ended up
with. To hire more firefighters and buy more equipment would go against big government.
ill take your argument .... this area is heavily repub / not tea party ... more specifically we dont vote or give a shit about politics at all ... seriously gtfo ... our whole lives here are about our family and neighbors ... u are scum and need to take politics to somewhere else
fishvaughn

Midland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Chris one more thank you. I am working in TN, and my wife is there with our animals. You have done a tremendous job of keeping people up to date and allowing me to help my wife as much as possible from here.
Pete

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Judged:

I'll be sure never to buy anything from "suppliertrade".@$$# *!3$
JFAM

Terrell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

chris harmon wrote:
<quoted text>
kc drive was hit hard . ths map shows the area of biggest losses
http://media2.myfoxaustin.com/ktbcmisc/bastro...
Thank u so much for your reply! Have u seen the area? My grandparents and 3 aunts houses are on KC Drive,any idea if any homes are left? Thank you again for any info!!
chris harmon

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

JFAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank u so much for your reply! Have u seen the area? My grandparents and 3 aunts houses are on KC Drive,any idea if any homes are left? Thank you again for any info!!
no one is "officially" being allowed in ... that being said ... am told houses on north side of the road are mostly gone ... houses on the south side were 50 - 50
Pete

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

chris harmon wrote:
<quoted text>
no one is "officially" being allowed in ... that being said ... am told houses on north side of the road are mostly gone ... houses on the south side were 50 - 50
Any idea when people will be officially allowed in the Buesher State Park/Cottle Town area?
Hopeful

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Does anyone know anything on the area at 486 gotier trace rd by the state park.
say no to fat

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

chris harmon wrote:
<quoted text>
kc drive was hit hard . ths map shows the area of biggest losses
http://media2.myfoxaustin.com/ktbcmisc/bastro...
thank you for this map. it is peace of mind for many of us during this Texas disaster.
chris harmon

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Any idea when people will be officially allowed in the Buesher State Park/Cottle Town area?

absolutely not ... plz dont try to go there ... fire crews are heavy in that area just to make sure it doesnt go east toward smithville any further
R_christian_AR

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Judged:

chris harmon wrote:
<quoted text>
ill take your argument .... this area is heavily repub / not tea party ... more specifically we dont vote or give a shit about politics at all ... seriously gtfo ... our whole lives here are about our family and neighbors ... u are scum and need to take politics to somewhere else
Just wait until the Tea Party Repubs gut out FEMA, then there will be no money for disasters. That too is part of big government and is very large entitlement, bigger than social security.
Next disaster under a Repub is that there will be no response due to the fact no FEMA and no money for National Guard.
cynthia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

Anybody know if riverchase is being evacuated again?
Angel

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

We are Humans!! help our fellow Americans out that are in a time of need and pray, you must pray with all your heart, God and Jesus is watching and Jesus will stop this and heel everyone, But you must believe, and for the non believers who are in crises and in a time of need, you must ask for forgiveness and believe in Jesus, and that he died on the cross for us so our sins could be forgiven, cause if you don't start to believe, you will be doomed!!!!
LOL

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

lookin for mymom

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

LOUANNE M VARGAS

she moved to 159 Mauna Kea Ln
Bastrop, TX 78602 is te fire near her? WE ARE IN VIRGINIA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bastrop Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bastrop People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••