Fire victims swindled by con-artist

Fire victims swindled by con-artist

There are 2 comments on the WFSB-TV Hartford story from Oct 26, 2011, titled Fire victims swindled by con-artist. In it, WFSB-TV Hartford reports that:

This unidentified man was caught on camera stealing up to $4,000 from a benefit for Texas fire victims.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFSB-TV Hartford.

Really Now

Austin, TX

#1 Oct 30, 2011
Monies. Let us look at the Bastrop Ministarial Aliance and the FEMA and the STATE of Tx monies and then,
Fund Raiser Concerts. Willie Nelson, George Strait where many many evacuees had to pay to get in while, friends of the Promoters and friends of UT where the event was held got free tickets. Really Now, asks also, the ZZ Concert? How many evacuees even were notified of Fund Raisers and Now the ticker,? How much money is being really given to the evacuees? Really Now and the community know that some got Ethan Allen Furniture, Plasma TV's and the best of the best, "Oh, we are members of the Church, you should belong to our church? Bullcorn! Hogwash! The monies should and wete not for the "church members" "So, go jump"
Let us see how others create fund raisers and do not give any monies to the evacuees. How do we know how many have taken monies and are using them for "Administrative Costs". Shovels, We gave you shovels and shifters. Yeah who gives a hooty tooty when the horses burned, cow died trying to get out. Where and how do they start over. In the meantime, Hey Agencies some did help, some "Administrative Costs" that's the same as stealing and oh, "we had to send the monies that was donated to the agency to Idaho, and to. and to. and to. Hey it was meant for Bastrop, Tx
Jean

Miami, FL

#2 Nov 14, 2011
Seems every disaster is the same. After all the millions sent to Haiti, those poor people still don't have clean water to drink. I gave money directly to a family that lost everything. Nobody took a bite out of my donation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bastrop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 1 hr Patriot 3,103
News First person convicted in Bastrop murder (Jun '06) Nov 24 dianaiavuuli 13
Who knows five below assistant manager kayla Nov 12 Mars 2
Review: Crossroads Animal Hospital - Greg Mayna... (Feb '09) Sep '16 Robinoco 22
Julio Anzaldua Thief (May '12) Aug '16 Your papi 8
Pics Of Red Rock Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Childhood bully today? Jun '16 Sunnyb 1

Bastrop Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bastrop Mortgages