Can student loans trigger a charge-off?

Can student loans trigger a charge-off?

Posted in the Bassett Forum

vidamccartha390

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Nov 16, 2013
Can student loans trigger a charge-off?I recently applied for a Discover card that I was supposedly "pre-approved" for, but ending up getting declined anyway. The reason they gave me was that I have a charge-off on my credit report. I looked up what this means, and found that it's a payment that has been deliquent for over 3 months. This can't be right, because I only have 1 other credit card and I've never missed a payment, in fact it's not even maxed. The only other thing to ever be in my name were some utilities, which were always paid. The only thing I could think of was that my student loans might have trigged this, because I'm still in school and haven't started payments yet. That being said, I'm not required to start payments on them until I graduate. Could they still have triggered the charge-off or was there a mistake somewhere? Thanks.

-Matt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) 11 hr Kevin Williams 26
Catholics (Feb '14) 12 hr Barnsweb 3,235
thomas jefferson edwards Apr 28 nuks67 2
Norm Fields – FORMER employee of Johnny Robertson (Feb '12) Apr 8 GunFighter 29
Stop erasing my comments! Apr 4 Truth teller 1
stp 500 Apr '16 Dale 2
News Students win awards in black history art contest Mar '16 White and Right 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages