Have Johnny Robertson and his COC bee...
nobody

Winder, GA

#22 Mar 21, 2013
johnny wrote:
answer? Col 2:12...the person taught by a gospel preacher will teach the sinner that God is going to do something for the penitent person. It is refered to as what God did for Jesus. Rom 6:3-4 also informs one that you are being moved INTO Christ. We all know what that means. New creature in Christ 2Cor 5:17. This why Paul submitted to Annanias command in Act 22:16 even after prayinng for three days. He knew he was still in his sins until he was worked on by God in immersion in the name of Jesus. A Baptist on the other hand doers not even believe it essential to be immersed. I guess a Baptist church is not essential??? It was nt bought by blood we all know that. Jesus never even told anyone to tell others of it. Now that is a very important point my friends. Notice, if it is important, then Paul or other Apostle would insist upon it being commited to others so they could teach it. 2Tim 2:2 says this. The things they had heard Paul were to be taught to others so they could teach others. Kinda like what paul said about the Lords Supper in 1Cor 11:23... he received it from the Lord and he taught them. Ask yourself, where did the Baptist church come from if not from Jesus down to any of the apostles? Why is it being commited to people as if it has Jesus name associated with it. People on TV tell me that it does not matter which church you are in. Well I guess that is true if YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE IN THE TRUE ONE> All the others are pretty much the same. Man Made is not really a matter to argue over. They are all worth about the same. Brian Edwaeds said it best. "absolutely not essential"
What makes you think the very early church had the New Testament verses you have. Those verses were written to saved individuals explaining what happens after they were baptized. The requirement the bible teaches is necessary is this and Philip explained Isaiah not those verses you listed.
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

If it was good enough to save the eunuch it should be good enough for anyone else. That may have been the reason God put it in the bible.
nobody

Winder, GA

#23 Mar 21, 2013
To be baptized into the real church of Christ it is not necessary to know everything that happens because we may never know everything that takes place in baptism. We are baptized because we believe Jesus is the Son of God. We learn a lot afterwards about God and His ways. If you want to be baptized into Baptist church or some that call themselves the church of Christ today there may be more required that what the bible says. The bible will tell someone what they must believe to be baptized into the real church. No point in saying you must believe this to be baptized, even if it is true, if the bible does not say it must be believed prior. A theology degree is not required to be baptized but Philip filled with the Holy Ghost thought something was. He was specific about that.
nobody

Winder, GA

#24 Mar 21, 2013
I would like to discuss more but have to work tomorrow early. I am just an observer in these discussions they started. It is interesting. I would like to see your well thought case presented John, it would be interesting also. People might be helped when determining what the truth is. Good night.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#25 Mar 22, 2013
CRob93 wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny's family makes up the church in Martinsville? Do you all get any kind of proof on anything?</QUOTE>

So you are saying that you can disagree with this view of scripture and he is fine with it? Really?? You take a stand against his false use of Ezra 10 and see how long it will be before you are start getting the cold solder "you lost your way" from that body.

SO who are the Elders in the Martinsville led coC?

[QUOTE who="CRob93"]<quo ted text>
Nobody is saying follow Johnny we are saying follow Christ and Christ's baptism was far from a baptist baptism.
</QUOTE>

So you have having yourself nailed to a cross then??? Anything less and you are not doing as you claim!

Mark 10:38 But Jesus said to them,“You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?”

Christ's salvation consists of belief AND baptism in order to be saved, if not you will be damned.(Mark 16:16)</QUOTE>

Sorry Mark 16 verse 9 on is a man made addition to the scriptures. Can you show me one example where someone drank poison and lived?

A baptist says salvation comes on the point of belief... "Baptism, therefore, is an act of obedience, But it possesses no power in itself to remit sin, to change the heart, or to sanctify the spirit." ( Hiscox standard baptist manual P. 84) DIFFERENT.
Christ's baptism added to the church.(Acts 2:41,47)
Baptist denomination adds by a voting committee... "Each new member must be admitted by the free and voluntary consent and approval of those already members, usually expressed by formal vote." ( Hiscox's P. 36).
</QUOTE>

Under your salvation through water baptism ONLY, you discount faith to the point of making it pointless, you won't acknowledge that God saw Cornelius' faith BEFORE baptism so strong that he called his prayers a memorial to himself!!! Something that you claim can not happen or used to claim since you claimed that God could not hear the prayers of a sinner, then you claimed he would not act on the prayers of a sinner, and what you fail to see in trying to defend your water ONLY system of salvation is that the Bible does not back you up with the events of the New Testament. Had Cornelius died before Peter arrived, btw Peter was called to see Cornelius because of a sinner trying to follow God.

So you or I should say that Johnny and his crew teach your prayers can not be heard, were proven false in scripture, then tried to claim God does not react to the prayers of a sinner and again the events of Acts 10 show God sending angels!

Under your WATER only system you are taught that Simon the Sorcerer was saved because he was baptized in water but you fail to see that Simon did not die to himself like Jesus called for us all to do, he was still the same Simon scheming to gain the Holy Spirit through money. He had not changed his ways he was biding his time in order to figure out a competitors secret and gain it's power so he could go back to being the BMOC.

Show me where he obeyed the command to pray repentantly by the Apostles, show me where when he asked them to pray they did so! They did not pray for him and he did not obey their command to repent.

But he was water baptized and in your teaching he is saved, WATER ONLY!!!

That's not at all Biblical? It's man made. Christ knew men would go against him.(John 6:64)
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?(Galatians 4:16)
Open your eyes! You replace Christ with water and refuse to consider anyone unbaptized to be able to be saved, ignoring the Thief on the Cross, you refuse to believe that anyone baptized correctly per your false teachings is unsaved, ignoring again the fact that Simon never actually followed God, or repented to his true nature!

Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth?
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#26 Mar 22, 2013
johnny wrote:
answer? Col 2:12...the person taught by a gospel preacher will teach the sinner that God is going to do something for the penitent person. It is refered to as what God did for Jesus. Rom 6:3-4 also informs one that you are being moved INTO Christ. We all know what that means. New creature in Christ 2Cor 5:17. This why Paul submitted to Annanias command in Act 22:16 even after prayinng for three days. He knew he was still in his sins until he was worked on by God in immersion in the name of Jesus. A Baptist on the other hand doers not even believe it essential to be immersed. I guess a Baptist church is not essential??? It was nt bought by blood we all know that. Jesus never even told anyone to tell others of it. Now that is a very important point my friends. Notice, if it is important, then Paul or other Apostle would insist upon it being commited to others so they could teach it. 2Tim 2:2 says this. The things they had heard Paul were to be taught to others so they could teach others. Kinda like what paul said about the Lords Supper in 1Cor 11:23... he received it from the Lord and he taught them. Ask yourself, where did the Baptist church come from if not from Jesus down to any of the apostles? Why is it being commited to people as if it has Jesus name associated with it. People on TV tell me that it does not matter which church you are in. Well I guess that is true if YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE IN THE TRUE ONE> All the others are pretty much the same. Man Made is not really a matter to argue over. They are all worth about the same. Brian Edwaeds said it best. "absolutely not essential"
Care to open the door and talk about how one could crucify Christ to themselves a second time or even the first time?

John you can point all the fingers you want at other people for any failures you see and you will still stand before God and give an account for every word and deed like every other saved sinner and unsaved sinner!

The Churches of Christ denomination uses John's authority to override Jesus authority and force re-baptism on others causing them to crucify Christ to themselves a second time.

Can you crucify Christ to yourself a second time?

Anytime you want to set the lead and repent over Ezra 10's false use, and the other items that have shown you to be in the same boat as everyone else you point a finger at you might gain that revival that is needed here and across the world!

Keep the money flowing or repent, it's your choice as we all have free will!

Here is how it works John, originally I thought baptism was pointless, I now see that baptism crucify Christ to the believer personally by reading Hebrews 6 and it's dealing with others who were going back to animals. In Hebrews it says you can NOT NOT NOT re-crucify Christ to yourself a second time. Thus once you place something ahead of Jesus authority you are gone, and you are not going to come back into the body.

By using Acts 19 and the events around a baptism (John's) that no longer had any authority, and elevating it above Jesus Authority over baptism, you are in fact doing the same thing.

Those sacrificing animals again were, by their actions, saying to the world that Jesus authority was nul and void, and you by your actions are saying that Man's knowledge is more important then Jesus authority.

How do you re-crucify Christ to yourself a second time John?
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#27 Mar 22, 2013
CRob93 wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny's family makes up the church in Martinsville? Do you all get any kind of proof on anything?
So you are saying that you can disagree with this view of scripture and he is fine with it? Really?? You take a stand against his false use of Ezra 10 and see how long it will be before you are start getting the cold solder "you lost your way" from that body.

SO who are the Elders in the Martinsville led coC?
CRob93 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is saying follow Johnny we are saying follow Christ and Christ's baptism was far from a baptist baptism.
So you have having yourself nailed to a cross then??? Anything less and you are not doing as you claim!

Mark 10:38 But Jesus said to them,“You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?”
CRob93 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ's salvation consists of belief AND baptism in order to be saved, if not you will be damned.(Mark 16:16)
Sorry Mark 16 verse 9 on is a man made addition to the scriptures. Can you show me one example where someone drank poison and lived?
CRob93 wrote:
<quoted text>
A baptist says salvation comes on the point of belief... "Baptism, therefore, is an act of obedience, But it possesses no power in itself to remit sin, to change the heart, or to sanctify the spirit." ( Hiscox standard baptist manual P. 84) DIFFERENT.
Christ's baptism added to the church.(Acts 2:41,47)
Baptist denomination adds by a voting committee... "Each new member must be admitted by the free and voluntary consent and approval of those already members, usually expressed by formal vote." ( Hiscox's P. 36).
Under your salvation through water baptism ONLY, you discount faith to the point of making it pointless, you won't acknowledge that God saw Cornelius' faith BEFORE baptism so strong that he called his prayers a memorial to himself!!! Something that you claim can not happen or used to claim since you claimed that God could not hear the prayers of a sinner, then you claimed he would not act on the prayers of a sinner, and what you fail to see in trying to defend your water ONLY system of salvation is that the Bible does not back you up with the events of the New Testament. Had Cornelius died before Peter arrived, btw Peter was called to see Cornelius because of a sinner trying to follow God.

So you or I should say that Johnny and his crew teach your prayers can not be heard, were proven false in scripture, then tried to claim God does not react to the prayers of a sinner and again the events of Acts 10 show God sending angels!

Under your WATER only system you are taught that Simon the Sorcerer was saved because he was baptized in water but you fail to see that Simon did not die to himself like Jesus called for us all to do, he was still the same Simon scheming to gain the Holy Spirit through money. He had not changed his ways he was biding his time in order to figure out a competitors secret and gain it's power so he could go back to being the BMOC.

Show me where he obeyed the command to pray repentantly by the Apostles, show me where when he asked them to pray they did so! They did not pray for him and he did not obey their command to repent.

But he was water baptized and in your teaching he is saved, WATER ONLY!!!
CRob93 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not at all Biblical? It's man made. Christ knew men would go against him.(John 6:64)
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?(Galatians 4:16)
Open your eyes! You replace Christ with water and refuse to consider anyone unbaptized to be able to be saved, ignoring the Thief on the Cross, you refuse to believe that anyone baptized correctly per your false teachings is unsaved, ignoring again the fact that Simon never actually followed God, or repented to his true nature!

Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth?
johnny

United States

#28 Mar 22, 2013
following simple rules of reason anyone can see that immediately after Jesus sent out men to preach the gospel Mark 16:15-16 and repentance and remission of sin in his name Luk 24:46-49; they preached in Jerusalem. None of the persons on here will accept the sermon. Act 2 is so simple. Verse 21 call on the name of the Lord and be saved. They didnt know who the Lord was nor how to call on his name. Peter spent 15 verses proving that Jesus is the Lord upon whom they should call, and then they asked what to do upon accepting Jesus was the Lord. Peter tells them the simple way to call upon Jesus. Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name if Jesus for the remission of your sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Ac 2:38. They that gladly received his words were baptized!
Wonder why he didnt say they that received his word prayed a sinners prayer? or any number of plans that men come up with?
johnny

United States

#29 Mar 22, 2013
here is the answer to my question i asked in the last post. the reason it doesnt say they prayed a sinners prayer or all bowed heads and accepted jesus into their hearts, the reason is verse 40. with many other words he exhorted them to save themselves. Peter explained to these folk that when a person believes that Jesus was the lamb of God, the replacement for us, they are pricked with the great love of God and his magnitude of mercy to reach man. Born again involves thinking differently. Thus repentance in the words of Peter. Jesus said repentance and remission would be preached in his name. They are penitent believers, but remission is still lacking. Baptism is the place where the WORKING of God takes place. Remember with many other words peter exhorted SAVE YOURSELVES. God and Jesus have done their part. Now you believe that God raised him, he can raise you too. How? The immersion is your grave, your burial. Your repentance is your crucifixion. Paul would explain the same in Rom 6:3-6. What could be more simple. What sheme could call upon the penitent to display a more childlike faith? I believe God offered his son to die in my place, the lamb of God. I believe he was taken from the cross and buried and God raised him from that grave. I will repent of my life that sent Jesus to die, I will submit myself in childlike faith to be buried in water, believing that if God can accomplish raising Jesus actually from death he can sure raise me out of this water grave and I will be new when i arise. New creature, in Christ Gal 3:26-27
johnny

United States

#30 Mar 22, 2013
i search in vain to find anyone who was preaching in answer to the question what must i do; just ask Jesus to let you be with him in paradise this day as the thief in Luk 23:43. I rather find philip teaching the things concerning the Kingdom Ac 8:12, and people hearing believing and being baptized. The power of the signs produced faith in a Simon too. He believing and being baptized suffered what all believers suffer. The old man tries to come back. Peter dealth with it. Peter saw 3 signs in Act 10, and witnessed men speaking in language they had not learned by God pouring out the Holy Spirit upon unimmersed individuals. Peter later tell this account at his heresy trial Act 11:1-15 and admitts it was God who had approved of the Gentiles being preached to, at which point he COMMANDED them to be baptized act 10:48. But for shame, Peter falls back to Jewish bigotry in Gal 2 and has to be rebuked by Paul verse 11-14. Was he not saved because he went back to his old mental state while under peer pressure from Jerusalem visitors? He was a child of God, but in error, as all of us will be many times. he like Simon of Samaria had to repent, just as we all do many times in life.
johnny

United States

#31 Mar 22, 2013
what a wonderful plan it is. 1Joh 1:7-9, if we walk in the light we have fellowship and blood cleans us over and over. We have only to confess our sins and he will forgives us over and over. Never allowing ourselves to think we do not sin, but always humbly searching our selves and also surrounding ourselves with those who will point out failures that we all might be more like our Lord. How wonderful to assemble with those who exhort us to love and good works each Lord's day Heb 10:24-25, SPEAKING to one another in Psalms Hymns and spiritual songs, making melody in our hearts to the Lord Eph 5:19. knowing God will accept the praise that is result of the fruit of our lips heb 13:15. With joy unspeakable we offer our prosperity (1Cor 16:1-2) as proof of our love 2Cor 8:8. As result of this plan we can flood the air waves with the wonderful message of God's plan to save many more if they will but put aside the man made attempts to improve on His Son's simple Kingdom.

what a joy divine to find all the instructions for all we need to be pleasing in his word

2pe 1:3. What peace to know that if we like
Abraham will continue to believe the impossible, namely that we are just before God even though we bhave not achieved perfection, we can be at peace Rom 4:1-25, and 5:1
johnny

United States

#32 Mar 22, 2013
and finally to be chosen by brethren to represent the truth to 1000s every week night after night. Chosen above so many more polished and educated, yet by God's grace I am allowed to preach the wonderful message for low these 14 years in this place. God knows I have tried to replace myself with men much better than myself, but no matter the pleading from me for replacement so I can go back over seas, none has come forward who is willing to go out night after night, mile after lonely mile, to preach in this venue. So I continue to preach and the Lord continues to increase the airtime and the funds to pay for more and more so that his message can be seen in the midst of so much error.
When my heart can hardly accept that it could be any better, I find that my sons too want to enroll themselves in the same glorious adventure. Can God continue to reward me with such joy and satisfaction? I stand amazed at the wonderful way in which he continues to bless us. Not with things, but with joy at seeing people obey the truth, and getting to enjoy so many fellow workers in tent events and doorknocking, and weeks of tv with men who I miss dearly as result of being in virginia rather than my home in TX. God has seen fit to bless us with bringing these brethren to be with us year after year.
johnny

United States

#33 Mar 22, 2013
my only real sad point is each day I read topix and realize that some will never see the truth no matter the numbers that are obeying all around them.
Even though Diane Odell after having spent her entire life except a few moments in an iron lung, was willing to glorify God by childlike faith being immersed in Jesus name, these few, so few they are, but they are souls, refuse to see the truth.
They continue day after day in vain to find someone to bring into their camp.
Even though men like Mike Conner and Bradd Whitley and many others come to this site to tell of the joy of being with the lord's people, these few continue to hold out and join hands in only one thing and that is to belittle the Lord's servants.
One thing that we all see is that there is horrible disunity amongst these few, except that they are unified in their dislike for us the Lord's true disciples.
we will pray continually as we have in the past that they will be able to see out of the fog of denominationalism into the light of true christianity

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#34 Mar 22, 2013
Now can you adddress NEW GUYS thread?
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#35 Mar 22, 2013
How does one Crucify Christ to themselves John?
johnny

United States

#36 Mar 22, 2013
Justcreed have you ever had the Holy Ghost evidence by "tongues" measure? Do your relatives consider you unsaved or do they make an acception for you? Are you considered at a secondary level to their level since they beleive they have access to the POWER OF GOD to heal today with laying on of hands
joe blue

United States

#37 Mar 22, 2013
johnny wrote:
my only real sad point is each day I read topix and realize that some will never see the truth no matter the numbers that are obeying all around them.
Even though Diane Odell after having spent her entire life except a few moments in an iron lung, was willing to glorify God by childlike faith being immersed in Jesus name, these few, so few they are, but they are souls, refuse to see the truth.
They continue day after day in vain to find someone to bring into their camp.
Even though men like Mike Conner and Bradd Whitley and many others come to this site to tell of the joy of being with the lord's people, these few continue to hold out and join hands in only one thing and that is to belittle the Lord's servants.
One thing that we all see is that there is horrible disunity amongst these few, except that they are unified in their dislike for us the Lord's true disciples.
we will pray continually as we have in the past that they will be able to see out of the fog of denominationalism into the light of true christianity
The cup of humility has just poured. John, it's no need to paint this picture now. We all know what's behind the canvas.
johnny

United States

#38 Mar 22, 2013
Heb 2, 3 4 and 5 all contain warnings about going back. Since the Hebrew is the subject of the letter, the going back is to the Law of moses and redemption in the temple system. Much like gal 4:21 where paul says you who want to be under law do you hear the law.
Persecution of Christians was such that many were thinking of going back to the temple or trying to include some parts of the law as seen in Gal 2:11-14.
Going back to the law of Moses in Heb 6:6 is to participate in condemning Jesus as an imposture just as in his first trial. If you reject him now and take back the Law you openly reject him and might as well cry out crucify him. Gal 2:17-18 deals with the same topic, under different metaphor. Paul says if he tries to go back to circumcision he "builds again that which he had sought to destroy". Gal 2:21 it makes Christ dead in vain.
Some misuse the phrase in heb 6:6 incorrectly thinking that "crucifying self" in Rom 6:6 is under consideration in Heb 6. Not so. we can die daily 1cor 15:31...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#39 Mar 22, 2013
johnny wrote:
Justcreed have you ever had the Holy Ghost evidence by "tongues" measure? Do your relatives consider you unsaved or do they make an acception for you? Are you considered at a secondary level to their level since they beleive they have access to the POWER OF GOD to heal today with laying on of hands
I never have spoken in tongues. I don’t know what you mean by my family “making an exception for me.” No, never have been considered “secondary level to their level”- that’s cute when you call me JUSTCREED, lol … I must be “secondary level” to you or something.
johnny

United States

#40 Mar 22, 2013
joe blue wrote:
<quoted text>
The cup of humility has just poured. John, it's no need to paint this picture now. We all know what's behind the canvas.
have any of you walked the walk? Go into all the world and preach the gospel mar 16:15. Who has left home lands family for the Kingdom's sake? Who has born sickness an had no doctor,watched children pining away with no hope of medicine to fix even minor situations. Flown in planes left over from WWII moth balled by other countries, red lights warning not to take off but take off we did to seek the fartherest souls from civilization? Watched your beloved wife birth children in the most unsanitary of settings with no anesthesia, or even a clean bed upon which to lay the child when born?
I do pray for you all as you judge what you do not know.
Would you be wiling to go just once a week to Rocky Mount to hack out a place for truth amid enemies who add to the voices bent upon trying to make you give up. Leaving the station at 11 pm to finally arrive at 2AM week after week? Then to go right to work on Wed getting ready to try and HELP the mistaken in martisville until 10pm? Would you drive 1000s of miles to talk to brethren about funding the new broadcaast, so as not tobe like all other tv evangelist who beg every show for money.
I am fine with the accusations, as for me it is not effecting me, but as for you are u sure that u have all the facts and that you are maligning a true servant of God.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#41 Mar 22, 2013
johnny wrote:
John you seem as bad as those who profess the believe that unless you speak in tongues you are not saved.

What I find here is the root of the split between the organizational gifted by God and the Spiritual Gifts given by God. Because one did not receive one of the gifts they look down on the other and because the other was looked down on they are offended enough to ignore the gifts as satanic in nature today.

The original design of the body was that all the body would work together, that way the body was supported by all the gifts.

The denominational system is to place each in it's own temple partition in order to protect itself from the other parts. Some have gone to the point of calling another group as being of the devil.

This wound from the early days of the body is why things are as they are today.

The Holy Spirit gives gifts, one of them is service. So taking out the trash is as Spiritual as speaking prophetic or in Tongues.

1 Cor 12:28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

Helps comes before tongues. Why do those who claim the gift of tongues look down on anyone, they are last on the list!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thomas jefferson edwards (Apr '16) Oct '16 NUKS67 3
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Oct '16 randy 5
Martinsville Seven - The Martinsville Curse (Mar '10) Oct '16 Santiago Ramey 10
Nickname of Stick Oct '16 A friend 1
Easter Auto Sales (Feb '12) Oct '16 donnawyattreed 9
Dawn Mills Oct '16 Alan Nolan 1
Worship vs Service (Sep '10) Oct '16 Openbook7 7

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance