Have Johnny Robertson and his COC bee...
Dave P

Owingsville, KY

#298 Nov 18, 2013
Older and Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
The more you claim to know about church of Christ the more ignorance you show. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CHURCH OF CHRIST -OTHER THAN THAT WHAT YOU CAN FIND ON THE INTERNET.
All through the south - there are thousands & thousands of churches of Christ. Missouri & many mid-west states are full of churches of Christ.
Why don't you give it a rest - YOU DON'T KNOW DIDDLY SQUAT ABOUT THE LORD'S CHURCH...
Which is a shame and very saddening...
Internet? You're funny old timer. Yes there are thousand of coc in the south. There are many in the midwest, mid-atlantic, etc. BUT- the further north you go, the Daniel Sommer non-instrumental type thin out dramatically. Kentucky northward the coc is mainly instrumental. I live in the cradle of "restoration territory" old timer. Cane Ridge, Raccoon John Smith, relatives of Alexander Campbell, you name it.

Older and wiser, I have preached in both instrumental and non-instrumental churches of Christ. Currently I preach in a non-instrumental church. I've been in the middle of every kind of battle the coc divides itself with. The congregation I serve has a mix of non-instrumental and instrumental believers. And they love each other and don't make music a divisive issue.

You, on the other hand, are definitely a hardline coc coming from the split at Sand Creek. Daniel Sommer the key man in that.
Dave P

Owingsville, KY

#299 Nov 18, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
In this area the Disciples of Christ are in dramatic decline.
The Disciples in this area are in dramatic decline too. They went WAY TOO LIBERAL for almost everyone. I don't know if they actually believe in anything anymore.
Dave P

Owingsville, KY

#300 Nov 18, 2013
http://rcms2010.org/index.php

Search for the church of Christ and see where it's located mostly.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#301 Nov 19, 2013
Older and Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want to know about the church, If you'll go back when I first started posting on this forum (a week or so ago), you'll find out a whole lot about the teachings of the church of Christ.
If you want to know anything further - just ask me.
Why would anybody else want to know anymore from you. Your belief is just one of 40,000 other non-Catholic ecclesial communities.

2 million members, 1/2 in Texas and Tenn after 200 years. Thank goodness this one didn't get off the ground.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#303 Nov 19, 2013
Johnny Robertson has been defeated.

He isn't trying anymore. He knows he's beaten. He is hardly on TV now.

His Church Of Christ is not respected. He destroyed it.

Micah and Mark are nothing but bullies and the community knows it.

Martinsville Church Of Christ is not growing well. It's losing members.

Johnny is a beaten man.
Older and Wiser

Rolla, MO

#305 Nov 20, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Internet? You're funny old timer. Yes there are thousand of coc in the south. There are many in the midwest, mid-atlantic, etc. BUT- the further north you go, the Daniel Sommer non-instrumental type thin out dramatically. Kentucky northward the coc is mainly instrumental. I live in the cradle of "restoration territory" old timer. Cane Ridge, Raccoon John Smith, relatives of Alexander Campbell, you name it.
Older and wiser, I have preached in both instrumental and non-instrumental churches of Christ. Currently I preach in a non-instrumental church. I've been in the middle of every kind of battle the coc divides itself with. The congregation I serve has a mix of non-instrumental and instrumental believers. And they love each other and don't make music a divisive issue.
You, on the other hand, are definitely a hardline coc coming from the split at Sand Creek. Daniel Sommer the key man in that.
If you were any kind of preacher - you would teach/preach the truth in the Bible about instrumental music. Who knows - you might even bring some of those who believe in instrumental music back in the fold.

Do you realize that are whole generations of people in the church of Christ who don't know the truth in the bible - BECAUSE preachers & elders & deacons have FAILED in their job of teaching the truth!!!

No wonder the church is not growing like it was back in the 50's & 60's. I lived through those years & I'm appalled that preachers (with your attitude) no longer preach the truth...

SHAME ON YOU!

I pray you will develop the COURAGE TO PREACH THE TRUTH & SAVE SOULS insteaded of SAVING YOUR JOB...

If you can't preach the whole truth - it's time you quit your job & go into another line of work...
Dave P

Dawsonville, GA

#306 Nov 20, 2013
Older and Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were any kind of preacher - you would teach/preach the truth in the Bible about instrumental music. Who knows - you might even bring some of those who believe in instrumental music back in the fold.
Do you realize that are whole generations of people in the church of Christ who don't know the truth in the bible - BECAUSE preachers & elders & deacons have FAILED in their job of teaching the truth!!!
No wonder the church is not growing like it was back in the 50's & 60's. I lived through those years & I'm appalled that preachers (with your attitude) no longer preach the truth...
SHAME ON YOU!
I pray you will develop the COURAGE TO PREACH THE TRUTH & SAVE SOULS insteaded of SAVING YOUR JOB...
If you can't preach the whole truth - it's time you quit your job & go into another line of work...
The truth is old timer, people are more concerned about instrumental music than God is. Truth is old timer, most of the coc you are part of worry more about the events of one day a week, and whether or not something is AUTHORIZED, than living every day of our lives in worship and submission to Him. Your building is your temple. Everything revolves around your temple, just like ancient Israel. And you miss the greater points.

Saving my job? LOL. I have a secular job too old man. I don't have to grovel at anyone's feet to keep preaching and bringing in an income.

If instrumental music condemns a soul, you need scripture to back that up. Hint- it doesn't exist.
Dave P

Dawsonville, GA

#307 Nov 20, 2013
Old timer, a lot of those older people from the fifties and sixties figured out that what much of what the coc was preaching was opinions and making their own laws. Many of them got tired of bondage and left the plantation.
James Oilfield

Axton, VA

#308 Nov 21, 2013
Older and Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to read all I've written on this thread about the church of Christ - you can start reading my posts - my first post was on Wednesday Nov 13, 2013 on page 9 of this thread (post #161)
If you want to know more - just ask me.
Okay, I will ask you more. Who are you? Where do you preach? In the Lord's church we do not hide behind an alias. I submit you are a player like many on here. If that is not the case then state your name and be proud that you are a member of the Lord's church.

Location hidden

#309 Nov 21, 2013
James Oilfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I will ask you more. Who are you? Where do you preach? In the Lord's church we do not hide behind an alias.
Yes, all you people in the "Lord's church" hide are video cameras. And you hide your denomination's name behind "Church Of God" like you did to Jackie Poe.

Location hidden

#310 Nov 21, 2013
James Oilfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I will ask you more. Who are you? Where do you preach? In the Lord's church we do not hide behind an alias. I submit you are a player like many on here. If that is not the case then state your name and be proud that you are a member of the Lord's church.
James Oldfield, smart and wise people do not broadcast their real names here because the community knows you and Johnny Robertson and Micah Robertson and Mark Mcminnis are bullies who invade real churches's worship services with your bad attitudes and hidden videocameras. They want peace and to live in peace and you gangsters in the Church Of Christ can't stand it and want to take it from them. Christians do not agree on everything but they are still in the real Lord's chuch even if you pout and don't like it.

The only way you are still on TV is that the sexual pervert owning and managing the station wants to stir controversy and that's all you do. You break the Gospel by trying to create divisions.

You are on TV because of a sexual deviant. Admit it on your TV show live.. I dare you.
Older and Wiser

Rolla, MO

#311 Nov 21, 2013
James Oilfield wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been a preacher. I'm just a long time member of the Church of Christ. And, yes I'm very proud to be a member of the Lord's Church.

But, I became very upset when I came on this forum for the first time & saw all the rude crude ugly remarks about Johnny Robertson & his ministry.

JOHNNY ROBERTSON PREACHES THE WORD OF GOD LIKE CHURCH OF CHRIST PREACHERS USED TO!!!

The church of Christ needs THOUSANDS MORE PREACHERS LIKE JOHNNY ROBERTSON - who have the courage to preach the TRUTH IN THE BIBLE.

Back in the 50s & 60's when the church was growing by leaps & bounds - preachers used to preach like Johnny Robertson. Now, many church of christ preachers do not preach with the same courage & conviction that Johnny Robertson does. That is why it is so refreshing to view videos on the internet of Johnny's tv show.

The people of Virginia & other communities where Johnny Robertson has his ministries are very blessed to have a man with his courage & conviction preaching the word of God.

However, it is saddening that so many on this forum HAVE SO LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE BIBLE THAT THEY SAY SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT JOHNNY & HIS MINISTRY & the Church of Christ. I only hope the posters on this forum do not discourage Johnny.

I was so sad to hear of Johnny's illness. I hope & pray he will make a full recovery & soon be able to spread the word of God again...
William

Birmingham, AL

#312 Nov 22, 2013
"I have never been a preacher. I'm just a long time member of the Church of Christ. And, yes I'm very proud to be a member of the Lord's Church."

What does God say about pride? You are a self-professed expert on the Bible, so you ought to know better than to make a statement like this, touting pride.
Older and Wiser

Rolla, MO

#313 Nov 23, 2013
William wrote:
"I have never been a preacher. I'm just a long time member of the Church of Christ. And, yes I'm very proud to be a member of the Lord's Church."
What does God say about pride? You are a self-professed expert on the Bible, so you ought to know better than to make a statement like this, touting pride.
No, I'm just telling the truth! It is true that most people in denominational churches are woefully lacking in just basic teachings of the Bible.

Lots of people you talk to don't even realize we are no longer under the law of Moses (in the Old Testament). It is SHAMEFUL THAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT ABOUT WHAT'S REALLY IN GOD'S WORD...

And, YES, I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST (the Lord's church)... The day I'm not proud to be a member of the Lord's church - is the day I'm in BIG trouble...
Dave P

Owingsville, KY

#314 Nov 23, 2013
Older and Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm just telling the truth! It is true that most people in denominational churches are woefully lacking in just basic teachings of the Bible.
Lots of people you talk to don't even realize we are no longer under the law of Moses (in the Old Testament). It is SHAMEFUL THAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT ABOUT WHAT'S REALLY IN GOD'S WORD...
And, YES, I AM VERY PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST (the Lord's church)... The day I'm not proud to be a member of the Lord's church - is the day I'm in BIG trouble...
*Most people in what you call the "Lord's church" are woefully lacking in basic Bible teachings. I've experienced it firsthand. Biblical ignorance knows no boundaries.

* It's a shame that many people don't realize we aren't under the law of Moses anymore. It's a bigger shame when others think that Christ freed us from one law to stick us under a similar one. That would be what you Sommer types call "the law of Christ". Define that one for us old timer.
William

Atlanta, GA

#315 Nov 23, 2013
Older and Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash:

People like us never were under the law of Moses to begin with.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#316 Nov 23, 2013
This is more important question biblical question.

Are gymnasiums still evil and from Satan in the COC?
Just Sayin

Sparta, TN

#318 Mar 29, 2014
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is old timer, people are more concerned about instrumental music than God is. Truth is old timer, most of the coc you are part of worry more about the events of one day a week, and whether or not something is AUTHORIZED, than living every day of our lives in worship and submission to Him. Your building is your temple. Everything revolves around your temple, just like ancient Israel. And you miss the greater points.
Saving my job? LOL. I have a secular job too old man. I don't have to grovel at anyone's feet to keep preaching and bringing in an income.
If instrumental music condemns a soul, you need scripture to back that up. Hint- it doesn't exist.
When direction has been given in a particular area, ie: worship, then to do otherwise is disobedience. When told to do THIS, you don't do THAT. If you wish to live in submission to Him, would you not then obey Him?

Where's your scripture that allows you to disobey Him in any matter? Where's your scripture that states disobedience, sin, will not put you subject to damnation?
Just Sayin

Sparta, TN

#319 Mar 29, 2014
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash:
People like us never were under the law of Moses to begin with.
Good catch William. The law of Moses was specifically for the Jew. This poses an interesting dichotomy. Then, and I assume, your belief would be we are under the "perfect law of liberty", Jesus', as well the Jew? Jesus did "remove the enmity" (barrier) between the Jew and Gentile. This is a very basic tenant of the CoC, did you realize that?

In light of your statement and the scripture I've referenced, then wouldn't the denominational churches that proclaim FULL GOSPEL, Old and New, be teaching falsehood?
whatshappening

Johnson City, TN

#320 Mar 31, 2014
Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>
James Oldfield, smart and wise people do not broadcast their real names here because the community knows you and Johnny Robertson and Micah Robertson and Mark Mcminnis are bullies who invade real churches's worship services with your bad attitudes and hidden videocameras. They want peace and to live in peace and you gangsters in the Church Of Christ can't stand it and want to take it from them. Christians do not agree on everything but they are still in the real Lord's chuch even if you pout and don't like it.
The only way you are still on TV is that the sexual pervert owning and managing the station wants to stir controversy and that's all you do. You break the Gospel by trying to create divisions.
You are on TV because of a sexual deviant. Admit it on your TV show live.. I dare you.
Who are these kids on here? LOL! Compare the language..."I dare you" "I dare you" "I dare you" Who does that sound like?

Mt 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnny paying millions to bisexual (Mar '11) Fri William 41
Ruby Stroud Floyd (Mar '10) Feb 4 Rod 5
Is Martinsville Church Of Christ a big lie? (Nov '09) Jan '18 William 77
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! (Jul '15) Dec '17 Stuart Little 7
News Annual coat drive kicks off another year in Dan... Dec '17 Blecchh 1
My girl (Jan '17) Apr '17 Bill 3
Terry or Susan Walker (Nov '10) May '15 vatechalltheway 16

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance