What is the likelihood that I will "w...

What is the likelihood that I will "win" a dispute against a judgment on my cred

Posted in the Bassett Forum

limaigyvonpyotne

Dallas, TX

#1 Nov 8, 2013
What is the likelihood that I will "win" a dispute against a judgment on my credit that was reported wrong?So, back in undergrad, a credit card that I'd opening during my freshman year came back to haunt me. I was ignorant and a bit irresponsible at the time but I have duly learned my lesson now. However, the credit card company summoned me to court in 2007 and I showed on the wrong day and did not submit an answer anyway so a default judgment was granted against me. The judgment shows on my credit report; however, the Civil Action Number is wrong. The Civil Action Number on my credit report does not even EXIST! What are the chances that this error will cause the judgment to fall off my credit all together if I dispute it? Or will they more than likely correct the error and try to collect on it again. FYI: The amount owed was approximately $750.00 (and that's with interest accrued).

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr Mike_Peterson 2,434
Questions for Catholic Ecclesial Communities 1 hr Mike_Peterson 48
Why won't Johnny intrude on a Catholic Church? 9 hr anonymous 19
Johnny Robertson denies his baptism.... WOW! 15 hr News Bit 55
Questions for Non-Catholic Ecclesial Communities 16 hr Mike_Peterson 91
Why the vulgar sex talk on Star News? May 31 JGF 9
AD 70 Doctrine Easily Refuted May 30 Barnsweb 12
More from around the web

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE