Did the Pope nullify the redemtive work of Jesus?

Posted in the Bassett Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

'That whosoever believeth SHOULD NOT perish'

'WHOSOEVER WILL may come and partake of the water of life freely'

Yes, He did die for the sins of the whole world and for those who accept Him as Savior, Redeemer and King. No matter who sins against us - perhaps even Satan himself - no matter who sins against us, the blood of our Redeemer can cleanse and redeem us from the sinners sins against us, as well as redeem us of our own sins. Haven't you ever put others sins against you at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ through prayer, that you can rid yourself of those burdens or pain?

He died for everyone's sin but not everyone is going to be in heaven with Him.... and if there is a 'purgetory', no amount of money is going to buy off the justice or stripes God deternmines are the penalty for sin. Do you actually think God can be bribed!??? The CC said He could be, but that's what they lined their pockets with and built their showy 'temples' with, that are not dedicated to God or the truth.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Barnsweb wrote:
'That whosoever believeth SHOULD NOT perish'
'WHOSOEVER WILL may come and partake of the water of life freely'
Yes, He did die for the sins of the whole world and for those who accept Him as Savior, Redeemer and King. No matter who sins against us - perhaps even Satan himself - no matter who sins against us, the blood of our Redeemer can cleanse and redeem us from the sinners sins against us, as well as redeem us of our own sins. Haven't you ever put others sins against you at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ through prayer, that you can rid yourself of those burdens or pain?
He died for everyone's sin but not everyone is going to be in heaven with Him.... and if there is a 'purgetory', no amount of money is going to buy off the justice or stripes God deternmines are the penalty for sin. Do you actually think God can be bribed!??? The CC said He could be, but that's what they lined their pockets with and built their showy 'temples' with, that are not dedicated to God or the truth.
I slight misconception in this post People are going to hell or heaven. That are the 2 options.

The Bible says nothing impure will enter heaven in Revelation. For those not completely pure, they go through a purification process and that is purgatory. What is time heaven? It could happen in the twinkling of an eye, or a year could be as a 1000 years.

This is one of many analogies. You might have a set of antique, valuable china. The china is us. We are used and can get dirty and messy in our use. Sin

The China Cabinet is heaven. The China that is broken and unusable is thrown in the garbage, Hell. The China that is perfectly clean goes directly into the China Cabinet. The dirty china, which is sill going back into the Cabinet needs to cleaned first. This is purgaory, the cleaning. Once clean you go to the Cabinet.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

I must have missed that parable:-)

Read the Scripture, learn the truth from the Teacher we are all to hear - including Peter.

Perfection is not required, but citizenship of the Kingdom is. God has declared what is required and what is not. No need to confuse or obscure the facts but a need to see the facts and bring ourselves into alignment with His will - which is found in hearing and doing what His Son taught those original disciples.

Those who add to those things, as those who take away from them, will find themselves to be wrong. Who does Revelation say will be outside? You, nor I, nor Paul the apostle, nor any Pope can change those things - no matter how hard we pretend and deliberately go around and refuse to believe His words true.

Rather, we are called to abide in and keep His word.

Luke 6:46-49; "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say? Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like. He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock. But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great."

John 15:9-15; "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing, but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

Revelation 22:14; "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city."

John 14:23,24; "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words, and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me."
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

BW- I must have missed that parable:-)

It's in 2 Opinions 3:9, right next to "Thou shalt not have instruments in thy worship".
Or maybe its 1 Johnny. Can't remember.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Dave P wrote:
BW- I must have missed that parable:-)
It's in 2 Opinions 3:9, right next to "Thou shalt not have instruments in thy worship".
Or maybe its 1 Johnny. Can't remember.
You both even read posts and use Sola "Postura" too. I specifically said analogy to explain the doctrine of because and not parable to avoid that sarcasism.

I have come across that before from Protestants.

But just like the Bible, you read what you want it to believe.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You both even read posts and use Sola "Postura" too. I specifically said analogy to explain the doctrine of because and not parable to avoid that sarcasism.
I have come across that before from Protestants.
But just like the Bible, you read what you want it to believe.
The sarcasm comes from the entire idea of purgatory. You can make up parables all day long, but purgatory ain't in the book. 1 Corinthians isn't talking about purgatory there either. Like you said, your church reads what they want it to believe.

When you come to us with scriptural arguments, we can have good and cordial discussions. When you bring unbiblical arguments, good and constructive discussions are impossible. As I said before, you and us don't even have a common starting point to get into anything.
Mike Peterson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
The sarcasm comes from the entire idea of purgatory. You can make up parables all day long, but purgatory ain't in the book. 1 Corinthians isn't talking about purgatory there either. Like you said, your church reads what they want it to believe.
When you come to us with scriptural arguments, we can have good and cordial discussions. When you bring unbiblical arguments, good and constructive discussions are impossible. As I said before, you and us don't even have a common starting point to get into anything.
You know the argument about not being in the book is completely useless for you.

We both made a list of things not in the book, because like the apostles said all the books in the world could not hold what Jesus did.

You think Jesus taught the apostles 14 hours of truth in 3 years. That,s how long it takes to read the NT.

I think Jesus was lazy that it took him 3 years to teach 14 hours worth of truth. He could have did the miracle at Cana, planned it the week of Passover. Lets say Monday. On Tuesday he could have healed a bunch of people in the morning and multiply the loaves in the evening, enough to bring charges against him. Taught the apostles on Wednesday. Created the Eucharist on Thursday. Get crucified on Friday, rise on Sunday and go to heaven on Sunday nite.

The Bible alone. Come on. The Bible said there were not enough books in the world that could hold what Jesus did.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Way to dodge the whole terrible catholic interpretation of 1 Corinthians there.

The apostle John also said that what was written was sufficient enough for people to believe in Jesus and have life in His name. Guess John was clueless.

The secret things belong unto the Lord. We don't need to know everything; His word is everything we need to know. Going beyond brings damnation.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why I do not comment much on this. Its pointless when someone goes outside of the Word.

http://www.bible.ca/cath-why-I-left.htm
Mike Peterson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why I do not comment much on this. Its pointless when someone goes outside of the Word.
I guess this is not pointless?

The verse means this. No it doesn't it means this. You are going to hell. You know baptism is by water. The devil is in you, that verse means your are baptized in the HS.

Wait my bible says this. You have the wrong Bible.

30,000 and growing weekly. That count is 10 years old.

Authority is not pointless. Jesus left us Church which is the pillar of Truth. The Church created bible to help her.

Did it take Jesus 1500 years to invent SS? Of course not, Father Martin Luther did.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm about at the same point you are. About time to move on.
johnny

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

took a peek at speak where the bible speaks blog and see a sinner who acts like a Christian
just like he comes here and you all treat him like a topix saint
you think jesus would hear all this confusion and doubletalk we been dealing with randy
since over 15 years and he aint got it yet. you think he maight just have an agenda come on
folks open your eyes. how many blogs does he have to make to make you see what he is up to
why you think we shun him for. some people dont want the truth
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Amish? Shunning people? Is this season 2 of Amish Mafia: Martinsville?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before, you and us don't even have a common starting point to get into anything.
Sure we do.
We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
one in Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he was born of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified
under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered, died, and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son
he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic
and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism
for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

You can't and won't stick with the Bible and you go beyond it. Nothing left to discuss.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
You can't and won't stick with the Bible and you go beyond it. Nothing left to discuss.
BTW. all of that came from the Bible.
mopman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

A "fact based" religious life - that theology is a road to knowing the "right way" to love God -- is like a fact-based marriage where each person has to be "right" about everything. It's devoid of hope on those days when you don't agree. The prime directive of love overrides who is right or wrong.

We don't have to constantly question ourselves on how we feel about the "facts" or if we "believe" this or that. Sitting through sermons and taking notes or turning to biblical passages and weighing up in one's mind whether you "believe" in what's being said is not what God desires for us. Beating each other over the head with the bible is merely a waste of time.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do.
We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
one in Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he was born of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified
under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered, died, and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son
he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic
and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism
for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
From the Fourth Century A.D.!!! And no matter the language, whether sung, chanted or read aloud here we have the ultimate and perfect statement of Christian faith. This is said every Sunday by millions upon millions around the world except of course in the CofC where they have "no creed but Christ" whatever that means.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Fourth Century A.D.!!! And no matter the language, whether sung, chanted or read aloud here we have the ultimate and perfect statement of Christian faith. This is said every Sunday by millions upon millions around the world except of course in the CofC where they have "no creed but Christ" whatever that means.
Thanks for proving beyond any shadow of doubt by your ratings how ignorant you CofCers are...but then I've known it for decades!
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving beyond any shadow of doubt by your ratings how ignorant you CofCers are...but then I've known it for decades!
Then you should take you play things and go home...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••