The Canon of Scripture

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#151 Sep 13, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a dumb statement. The Bible benefits everyone if they are taught what it means.
Once again, your personal opinion means nothing.
How about the "Mothers SONS" in Psalm 69, you sure are taking awhile to school us on this or would it just be YOUR PERSONAL OPINION which as you say means nothing.

Location hidden

#152 Sep 13, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Christianity
2. Bible
Total bologna.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#153 Sep 13, 2013
Answering Catholics wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the "Mothers SONS" in Psalm 69, you sure are taking awhile to school us on this or would it just be YOUR PERSONAL OPINION which as you say means nothing.
If you think Psalm 69 is a literal interpretation and prophecy then you must think Jesus is a sinner. Find it.

Great Bible study. The Bible says no private interpretation doesn't it.

Show me anywhere in the Bible somebody is reading it an interpreting it. I can show where it says not too and a educated sinner saying how can I understand scripture unless somebody teaches me.

It also says it is sufficient for teaching. By who? Whoever is the pillar of Truth.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#154 Sep 13, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Share with the group what infallible teachings of the RCC they accept and follow; and how they order their lives around decisions of popes. They may be surprised.
The Canon of Scripture

The Trinity

The calendar

The date of Mardi Gras

The date of Good Friday

The date of Easter

The date of Pentecost

The date of the Birth of Christ

Sunday worship

Location hidden

#155 Sep 13, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Psalm 69 is a literal interpretation and prophecy then you must think Jesus is a sinner. Find it.
Great Bible study. The Bible says no private interpretation doesn't it.
Show me anywhere in the Bible somebody is reading it an interpreting it. I can show where it says not too and a educated sinner saying how can I understand scripture unless somebody teaches me.
It also says it is sufficient for teaching. By who? Whoever is the pillar of Truth.
This Greek word "adelphos" is used in different contexts: of children of the same parents, Jews as a whole, descendants of parents, etc.[Matt. 1:2; 14:3 Acts 7:23, 26; Heb. 7:5 Acts 3:17, 22] Thus the term brother can refer to the cousins of Jesus.

The context defines how we determine what "adelphos" means.

And we must consider the greater context which Psalm 69 states quite clearly "MOTHERS SONS". This Psalm is about our Lord.

Location hidden

#156 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>
This Greek word "adelphos" is used in different contexts: of children of the same parents, Jews as a whole, descendants of parents, etc.[Matt. 1:2; 14:3 Acts 7:23, 26; Heb. 7:5 Acts 3:17, 22] Thus the term brother can refer to the cousins of Jesus.
And we must consider the greater context which Psalm 69 states quite clearly "MOTHERS SONS". This Psalm is about our Lord.
So now you are a Greek linguist and Psalm expert! From which cult did you copy and paste this? Cracks me up!

Location hidden

#157 Sep 13, 2013
Psalm 69:4-9, "Those who hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head; Those who would destroy me are powerful, being wrongfully my enemies, What I did not steal, I then have to restore. 5O God, it is Thou who dost know my folly, And my wrongs are not hidden from Thee. 6May those who wait for Thee not be ashamed through me, O Lord God of hosts; May those who seek Thee not be dishonored through me, O God of Israel, 7Because for Thy sake I have borne reproach; Dishonor has covered my face. 8I have become estranged from my brothers, and an alien to my mothers sons. 9For zeal for Thy house has consumed me, And the reproaches of those who reproach Thee have fallen on me.”

This verse does not require a genius or anything, it is straight forward and not symbolic nor does it have our Lord a sinner but as one paying the sin for mankind. It states plainly that He [Jesus] was estranged from his brothers, and an alien to his “mothers sons.” I’m sorry you desire not to see the truth for the Pope has you blinded to truth that you can only see false doctrine of the harlot for which you are committing spiritual adultery.

Location hidden

#158 Sep 13, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are a Greek linguist and Psalm expert! From which cult did you copy and paste this? Cracks me up!
No I am sure you are the Greek linguist and Psalm expert since you not Mike have explained this away yet. You crack me up how you harp on copy/paste as if you are not aware of funtions o your computer. Would you rather I type everything, you are so funny. Try catching up with today, you must be old school. You might not know but copy/paste saves time. You are so funny. Now go back and explain Psalm 69, and stop pussy-footing and skirting the text that proves your pope wrong. I know, I know, you hate using bible when it does not benifit you
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#159 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>
So you admit that Jesus is a sinner. Because it this Psalms it says he is according to you.

Ef Psalm 69:8 applies to Christ, and even if the mother is Mary, the other children need not be biological children. Revelation 12:17 specifically says that the Mother of Christ’s children are “those who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.”

Location hidden

#160 Sep 13, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that Jesus is a sinner. Because it this Psalms it says he is according to you.
Ef Psalm 69:8 applies to Christ, and even if the mother is Mary, the other children need not be biological children. Revelation 12:17 specifically says that the Mother of Christ’s children are “those who obey God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.”
OMG, talk about a total denial of scripture and inserting personal interpretations. You guys take the cake
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#161 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>
OMG, talk about a total denial of scripture and inserting personal interpretations. You guys take the cake
I never personally interpret scripture. The bible says not to. The Church created the Bible to supplant her teaching.
The Bible is not the pillar of Truth. It says so.

Location hidden

#162 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>
No I am sure you are the Greek linguist and Psalm expert since you not Mike have explained this away yet. You crack me up how you harp on copy/paste as if you are not aware of funtions o your computer. Would you rather I type everything, you are so funny. Try catching up with today, you must be old school. You might not know but copy/paste saves time. You are so funny. Now go back and explain Psalm 69, and stop pussy-footing and skirting the text that proves your pope wrong. I know, I know, you hate using bible when it does not benifit you
I've no problem with cutting and pasting. Unlike you I also know how to use spell check. I have a real problem when the original source of the material is not disclosed or readily apparent. You obviously don't want anyone to know where you get your crap. And it is crap.
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

#163 Sep 13, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The Canon of Scripture
The Trinity
The calendar
The date of Mardi Gras
The date of Good Friday
The date of Easter
The date of Pentecost
The date of the Birth of Christ
Sunday worship
Since you catholics are so wrong and awful, perhaps we need to abandon our calendars and much of our religious system. How many will do that?
William

Birmingham, AL

#164 Sep 13, 2013
Don't be messin' with Mardi Gras.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#165 Sep 13, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I never personally interpret scripture. The bible says not to. The Church created the Bible to supplant her teaching.
The Bible is not the pillar of Truth. It says so.
Do you agree that Jesus is the Light, Life and Truth - the Anointed One of God the Father? Let's say you do, and since Jesus and the word of God He upheld are the source of the Truth of God and the end of the word of Truth of God:

That being the Truth spoken of:

The Church is to uphold their Word and Person; it is in that sense that the Church, as well as individuals, as the Church is made up of the individuals that God has called out of the world and into the glory of His glorious light of truth that guides all who are His. The Church of God and the individuals that make up those written in the Lambs Book of Life are those who uphold the Truth taught by God through Moses, the Prophets, the Psalms and the very Son of God.

Those who don't uphold His words are none of His. Those who refuse submission to His will are none of His. Those who do not both keep and abide in His word are none of His.

Thus, the authority is solely that of God, and His direction and command to hear what Jesus tells us to do - not the Pope, not Paul, not Peter, not John. As Luke so correctly says in Luke 1, that the teachings of Jesus Christ is that which we are to be instructed in...not traditions of men.

"In vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrine the commandments of men."

When we take upon us the name of Christ, we blaspheme His name when we refuse to both hear and obey Him. THAT'S what 'taking the name of the LORD in vain' means at it's core - not just saying His name in a derogatory manner.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#166 Sep 13, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
I've no problem with cutting and pasting. Unlike you I also know how to use spell check. I have a real problem when the original source of the material is not disclosed or readily apparent. You obviously don't want anyone to know where you get your crap. And it is crap.
Well, Jesus said the dogs would trample the truth (pearls) underfoot and treat them with contempt. Do you respect every word He spoke? It doesn't appear you do.....

Rather than criticize spelling, why not stop criticizing those who seek to do what He said and consider that you too should do likewise?
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#167 Sep 13, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a great waste of time to quote scripture to, or hear scripture from, anybody who believes in SS.
Sola Scriptura has morphed as everyone knows, to what an individual believes themselves.
The Bible is no more the word of God to a Protestant, than the Constitution is to a bleeding heart liberal.
There is no respect of the Bible. It is just a tool used by Protestants to continue to divide the Kingdom of God.
Thank you Jesus, that they have now turned on themselves and will devour this heresy in the next couple of generations.
The grandchildren of you COC's , Bible Churchers and all Protestants, will not be able to imagine why you believe what you believe today, just like you don't believe like your great granddad or granddad did.
We pray to you, our Lord Jesus Christ, for the healing of your body, the church. And that our Protestant and Orthodox brethren will be re-united with us in the Holy Catholic Church. We hope and pray for the fulfillment of your own prayer: "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one." (John 17:20-22)
That's a great quote - one of my favorite verses.

Have you been reading the news about the Pope saying Athiests can be saved? The RCC doctrine changes are getting so far from the actual truth taught by Jesus that they no longer require belief in God or Jesus as Christ?

Jesus spoke those words in prayer for our benefit and faith. The twelve accepted the words from the Father, they heard them and recorded them for our faith as it was also so important to their faith and the gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus preached everywhere He went.

If we don't keep His word we are none of His - and that was what He said the Father said. His words are for Catholics as well as Protestants or CoC, SDA, LDS - for all men everywhere. Few believe Him, even among those who profess His name.

Honestly, you are extremely deluded by the RCC and need to repent and turn to the Author of Salvation to know what the Truth is. The RCC has denied the truth from its beginnings when the title was passed from Secular Rome to Religious Rome in passing on the title of the head of the RCC.

Sad, but actually true. All main lies and paganistic customs were initiated by Rome and her apostle Paul.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#168 Sep 13, 2013
The Pope thinks even you can be saved one day. Imagine that.

You misspoke about what the Pope said. He said Jesus died for everybody, including Atheists

Now it is up to the Atheist.

Why did your misrepresent what he said. Your loathing of the Church Jesus started or to make yourself feel good about what you believe, which is made up in your mind.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#169 Sep 13, 2013
No, I focus on what Jesus said and relied perhaps too much on what someone else reported to Pope to have said.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world - all mankind, but most don't cash into the account available to them through faithful discipleship that repents to do whatever He commanded.

So the Pope didn't say even atheists will be in heaven? I'll have to double check. Do you have a link I might check?

Thanks
killedjoe

White Plains, NY

#170 Sep 13, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
No, I focus on what Jesus said and relied perhaps too much on what someone else reported to Pope to have said.
Jesus died for the sins of the whole world - all mankind, but most don't cash into the account available to them through faithful discipleship that repents to do whatever He commanded.
So the Pope didn't say even atheists will be in heaven? I'll have to double check. Do you have a link I might check?
Thanks
You can only say it so many times that Jesus has the final word, not some Pope. Catholics live in fear of asking questions about God, cause the CC condemns anyone who questions them and will excommunicate them for thinking, but this will be deny also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Jan 20 Hope and Change 9
My girl Jan 19 The wonderer 1
Is there anything to do here??? Bored..... Jan 17 ATTheWizard85 1
I like to get on some buttseckz.. I aint gay.. ... (Jun '16) Dec 31 Waldo Jones 2
i gotta doo doo!!! (Jul '16) Dec 25 Orphelius Pontiac 2
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Dec '16 Credal Drone 306
THE CHILDREN of THE GOD MOST HIGH (May '14) Dec '16 randy 6

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages