The Canon of Scripture

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#64 Sep 7, 2013
So damn funny these low end prots! They complain when you don't answer their ignorant questions then label them as spam when you do... dumbasses of the first degree. Cracks me up!
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#65 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. We know how you feel about Paul. Most Jews would agree with you. No True Christians.
All Christians before AD 350 would agree with me, only the heretics would disagree. So who are the real Christians? Those from 33 AD to 300 AD, or those from about 1450? Which are the true Christians?

Location hidden

#66 Sep 7, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
So damn funny these low end prots! They complain when you don't answer their ignorant questions then label them as spam when you do... dumbasses of the first degree. Cracks me up!
These turds don't want the answers...they just want to cut and paste those same tired questions over and over again! Cracks me up!

I have yet to get an answer why the worship spaces of the CofC denomination look just like Baptist churches inside and why the CofC order of worship is just like the Baptist Church and why they use Baptist hymns along with all those from other denominations. And how did their founder, Alexander Campbell, get away with changing the New Testament? The answer to that is he didn't!
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#67 Sep 7, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
These turds don't want the answers...they just want to cut and paste those same tired questions over and over again! Cracks me up!
I have yet to get an answer why the worship spaces of the CofC denomination look just like Baptist churches inside and why the CofC order of worship is just like the Baptist Church and why they use Baptist hymns along with all those from other denominations. And how did their founder, Alexander Campbell, get away with changing the New Testament? The answer to that is he didn't!
Maybe one reason no one answers is the name of this thread is "The Canon of Scripture" and they are not interested in you Catholics trying to sidestep the subject as you usually do. So far I don't see the Catholics have defended their position at all with 60 plus posts. Shameful behavior is al we see.
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#68 Sep 7, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
That dumbass thinks churches have cannons.
You Catholics can start by answering my previous post you had deleted. Why are there so many canons and what makes you think the Catholic one is any better than the others. It certainly was not the first.
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#69 Sep 7, 2013
You Catholics can start by answering my previous post you had deleted. Why are there so many canons and what makes you think the Catholic one is any better than the others. It certainly was not the first.
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/Biblical_cano...
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#70 Sep 7, 2013
This scandal ridden church of pedophiles is afraid to answer challenges to their false claims. Switch subjects, delete posts, start name calling, anything but defend their actions and claims.
Larry

United States

#71 Sep 7, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
What you need is to toke on this joint. You have lost it Marky. You are commenting to your own post now. I was giving you and Mikey the blue ribbon but after reading this thread and searching what is here I can safely say you and Mikey can't answer. You both running all around this thread. You would be better off if you could see how stupid you all are. No god man. Just an escape for you.
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#72 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing to me that their sole rule of faith is a book and they do not have a clue about the history of the book.
They don't realize a bunch of Catholic Church Bishops and leaders set around a table drinking wine and decided between themselves what these protesters were going to worship one day.
It is easy to see one Bishop saying if you vote for 1st John, I will not vote for the Shepherd of Hermas. The other might have said. Okay I will give you Jude and I will give up the Didache.
That is probably how it was decided by you Catholics but I wouldn't brag about it if I were you. When a bunch of old pervs get drunk and chase altar boys till they pass out decide the canon by a poker tournament atmosphere what can you expect but rosary beads and selling indulgences to remove loved ones from purgatory. No suprise here, especially when Mark speaks.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#73 Sep 7, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>That is probably how it was decided by you Catholics but I wouldn't brag about it if I were you. When a bunch of old pervs get drunk and chase altar boys till they pass out decide the canon by a poker tournament atmosphere what can you expect but rosary beads and selling indulgences to remove loved ones from purgatory. No suprise here, especially when Mark speaks.
You agree with their decision don't you? You should.

Jesus started a Church. The Church gave the world the Bible.

The Protestants have defiled it.
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#74 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree with their decision don't you? You should.
Jesus started a Church. The Church gave the world the Bible.
The Protestants have defiled it.
I notice you did not say the Catholic church. My link above gives a history of the different canon developments.
Larry

United States

#75 Sep 7, 2013
And the winner is .............. proxy
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#76 Sep 8, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>I notice you did not say the Catholic church. My link above gives a history of the different canon developments.
There is only 1 Church Jesus started. The Church is the Catholic Church.

The Church.

All others are ecclesial communities that came out of the Church starting in 1520. There are about 40000 now.
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#77 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only 1 Church Jesus started. The Church is the Catholic Church.
The Church.
All others are ecclesial communities that came out of the Church starting in 1520. There are about 40000 now.
More spam, just another of the same old change the subject because we Catholics can't defend our false teachings post. The subject is canon and post 74 points out different canons. Are you wrong about the Catholic church of Rome being the only game in town?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#78 Sep 8, 2013
MCOC wrote:
This comes from a Catholic who exposes this canon theory. You guys need more study.
http://answeringcatholicclaims.blogspot.com/2...
We need zero study. Do you know long 2000 years really is? There has been no new public revelation since AD 90.

Do you really think you have some truth to add? What an assinine belief that the HS is speaking to you to disprove 2000 years of history and study.

Show us one Christian who believes like you do between AD 100 and AD 1800.

Just one name so we can read what he wrote.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#79 Sep 8, 2013
MCOC wrote:
This comes from a Catholic who exposes this canon theory. You guys need more study.
http://answeringcatholicclaims.blogspot.com/2...
I read part of this blog. This fallen away Catholic says " I was raised Catholic until I was 20. I know Catholics who never set foot in the Church. What credentials.

His first point was the canon was not made official until Trent was competely wrong. That was a reaffirmation of the Council of Rome after Luther took from scripture.

The Church has kept meticulous records.

Below is the first ecclesiastical decree on the Church’s canonical books of the Sacred Scriptures. It is exactly the same canon used today by the Catholic Church Martin Luther removed seven of those books, plus portions to Daniel and Esther.

“Likewise it has been said: Now indeed we must treat of the divine Scriptures, what the universal Catholic Church accepts and what she ought to shun. The order of the Old Testament begins here: Genesis one book, Exodus one book, Leviticus one book, Numbers one book, Deuteronomy one book, Josue Nave one book, Judges one book, Ruth one book, Kings four books, Paralipomenon [i.e. Chronicles] two books, Psalms one book, Solomon three books, Proverbs one book, Ecclesiastes one book, Canticle of Canticles one book, likewise Wisdom one book, Ecclesiasticus [i.e. Sirach] one book.
Likewise the order of the Prophets. Isaias one book, Jeremias one book, with Ginoth, that is, with his Lamentations, Ezechiel one book, Daniel one book, Osee one book, Micheas one book, Joel one book, Abdias one book, Jonas one book, Nahum one book, Habacuc one book, Sophonias one book, Aggeus one book, Zacharias one book, Malachias one book. Likewise the order of the histories. Job one book, Tobias one book, Esdras two books [i.e. Ezra & Nehemiah], Esther one book, Judith one book, Machabees two books.

Likewise the order of the writings of the New and Eternal Testament, which only the holy and Catholic Church supports. Of the Gospels, according to Matthew one book, according to Mark one book, according to Luke one book, according to John one book.

The Epistles of Paul the Apostle in number fourteen. To the Romans one, to the Corinthians two, to the Ephesians one, to the Thessalonians two, to the Galatians one, to the Philippians one, to the Colossians one, to Timothy two, to Titus one, to Philemon one, to the Hebrews one.

Likewise the Apocalypse of John, one book. And the Acts of the Apostles one book. Likewise the canonical epistles in number seven. Of Peter the Apostle two epistles, of James the Apostle one epistle, of John the Apostle one epistle, of another John, the presbyter, two epistles, of Jude the Zealut, the Apostle one epistle.”

- Decree of the Council of Rome (AD 382) on the Canon of Scripture during the reign of Pope Damasus I (AD 366-384).

Location hidden

#80 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I read part of this blog. This fallen away Catholic says " I was raised Catholic until I was 20. I know Catholics who never set foot in the Church. What credentials.
His first point was the canon was not made official until Trent was competely wrong. That was a reaffirmation of the Council of Rome after Luther took from scripture.
Below is the first ecclesiastical decree on the Church’s canonical books of the Sacred Scriptures. It is exactly the same canon used today by the Catholic Church Martin Luther removed seven of those books, plus portions to Daniel and Esther.
“Likewise it has been said: Now indeed we must treat of the divine Scriptures, what the universal Catholic Church accepts and what she ought to shun. The order of the Old Testament begins here: Genesis one book, Exodus one book, Leviticus one book, Numbers one book, Deuteronomy one book, Josue Nave one book, Judges one book, Ruth one book, Kings four books, Paralipomenon [i.e. Chronicles] two books, Psalms one book, Solomon three books, Proverbs one book, Ecclesiastes one book, Canticle of Canticles one book, likewise Wisdom one book, Ecclesiasticus [i.e. Sirach] one book.
Likewise the order of the Prophets. Isaias one book, Jeremias one book, with Ginoth, that is, with his Lamentations, Ezechiel one book, Daniel one book, Osee one book, Micheas one book, Joel one book, Abdias one book, Jonas one book, Nahum one book, Habacuc one book, Sophonias one book, Aggeus one book, Zacharias one book, Malachias one book. Likewise the order of the histories. Job one book, Tobias one book, Esdras two books [i.e. Ezra & Nehemiah], Esther one book, Judith one book, Machabees two books.
Likewise the order of the writings of the New and Eternal Testament, which only the holy and Catholic Church supports. Of the Gospels, according to Matthew one book, according to Mark one book, according to Luke one book, according to John one book.
The Epistles of Paul the Apostle in number fourteen. To the Romans one, to the Corinthians two, to the Ephesians one, to the Thessalonians two, to the Galatians one, to the Philippians one, to the Colossians one, to Timothy two, to Titus one, to Philemon one, to the Hebrews one.
Likewise the Apocalypse of John, one book. And the Acts of the Apostles one book. Likewise the canonical epistles in number seven. Of Peter the Apostle two epistles, of James the Apostle one epistle, of John the Apostle one epistle, of another John, the presbyter, two epistles, of Jude the Zealut, the Apostle one epistle.”
- Decree of the Council of Rome (AD 382) on the Canon of Scripture during the reign of Pope Damasus I (AD 366-384).
This decree could have been written on the back of the Decalogue's stone tablets by the hand of Moses and these low enders wouldn't care! I'm telling you they don't want answers which contradict their ingrained notions that the CofC is the one and only and all the rest are headed straight to hell. All they do is post and repost the same silly questions, post links to anonymous bloggers who, being without credentials themselves, post and repost nonsense from the likes of RC Sproul and other professional Catholic bashers.
Annoying Proxy

Manassas, VA

#84 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>

Where can we access these meticulous records of the Council of Rome? when Luther said certain books were not canon why did the Catholic church reaffirm the canon? IS that even possible? How does someone reaffirm the affirmed to begin with? Did Luther un-affirm the canon?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#85 Sep 8, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>Where can we access these meticulous records of the Council of Rome? when Luther said certain books were not canon why did the Catholic church reaffirm the canon? IS that even possible? How does someone reaffirm the affirmed to begin with? Did Luther un-affirm the canon?
Most can be researched free online.

Luther was a heretic. Took 7 books out of the OT. Briefly took out James. Almost took out Revelation and 1st John.

Trivia. Revelation was one of about 7 that almost did not make the Bible in ad 390. Barely got enough "votes".
Annoying Proxy

Olive Hill, KY

#86 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Most can be researched free online.
Luther was a heretic. Took 7 books out of the OT. Briefly took out James. Almost took out Revelation and 1st John.
Trivia. Revelation was one of about 7 that almost did not make the Bible in ad 390. Barely got enough "votes".
Yes it can be researched on line. Is this link telling us the same story that you are?

http://www.christianity-guide.com/christianit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pan Handling falls under the First Amendment Jun 20 Pan Handler 1
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Apr '17 William 147
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Apr '17 Barnsweb 9
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! (Jul '15) Apr '17 Bill 6
My girl Apr '17 Bill 3
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Apr '17 James A Farmer 45
Need help finding friend Mar '17 J Collins 1

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages