Comments
301 - 311 of 311 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2013
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#307
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of his great insight. True ignorance exhibited.
Keep going.
All the Prots posting on here definitely proves how insane the doctrines of Sola Scriptura and Sole Fide that the heretic Martin Luther, who nobody agrees with other than these 2 idiotic ideas, are.
Protestantism 101. Believe what you want. Use a Catholic book and the spirit will lead you to YOUR truth. Sounds like the evil spirit creating division in God's Kingdom.
Ignorance. Pure Ignorance.
Sorry, what proxy is saying is true, give the church "manna" anullment of marriage, "get out of jail" for anything. No matter what "manna" you give, it does not change the word of the prophets and Jesus. Catholics are die hard people who really believe in Jesus, but they have a bad habit of forgetting what jesus said.What the CC says is what they listens to and not Jesus.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#308
Aug 25, 2013
 
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, what proxy is saying is true, give the church "manna" anullment of marriage, "get out of jail" for anything. No matter what "manna" you give, it does not change the word of the prophets and Jesus. Catholics are die hard people who really believe in Jesus, but they have a bad habit of forgetting what jesus said.What the CC says is what they listens to and not Jesus.
What did Jesus say to you?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#309
Aug 25, 2013
 
The AP/KJ/Bobby menage a trois cracks me up! It's like watching one of those Jackass movies!
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#310
Aug 25, 2013
 
MarkEden wrote:
The AP/KJ/Bobby menage a trois cracks me up! It's like watching one of those Jackass movies!
What is that, am I missing something?
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#311
Aug 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Jesus say to you?
only what I know in the book
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#312
Aug 25, 2013
 
killedjoe wrote:
<quoted text> only what I know in the book
Who taught you?

The Spirit said to Philip,“Go and join up with that chariot.”
Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and said,
“Do you understand what you are reading?” He replied,“How can I, unless someone instructs me?” So he invited Philip to get in and sit with him.

Who sits you you?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#313
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who taught you?
The Spirit said to Philip,“Go and join up with that chariot.”
Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and said,
“Do you understand what you are reading?” He replied,“How can I, unless someone instructs me?” So he invited Philip to get in and sit with him.
Who sits you you?
Wonder why Phillip didnt understand the Church was suppose to do the teaching???
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#314
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder why Phillip didnt understand the Church was suppose to do the teaching???
What are you talking about?? He was part of the Magisterium of the Church.

What successor of the Apostles laid hands on your or your preacher man?

Acts 6:

5
The proposal was acceptable to the whole community, so they chose Stephen, a man filled with faith and the holy Spirit, also Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicholas of Antioch, a convert to Judaism.
6
They presented these men to the apostles who prayed and laid hands on them. 4

Phillip later went on to preach in Samaria and after that he taught the scriptures to the dude from Ethiopia.

He is Saint . Saint Phillip the Evangelist to distinguish him from the Apostle.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#315
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?? He was part of the Magisterium of the Church.
What successor of the Apostles laid hands on your or your preacher man?
Acts 6:
5
The proposal was acceptable to the whole community, so they chose Stephen, a man filled with faith and the holy Spirit, also Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicholas of Antioch, a convert to Judaism.
6
They presented these men to the apostles who prayed and laid hands on them. 4
Phillip later went on to preach in Samaria and after that he taught the scriptures to the dude from Ethiopia.
He is Saint . Saint Phillip the Evangelist to distinguish him from the Apostle.
He did not indicate that he was representing the church to the ethiopian So he does not fit what you claim the church is for. He also could not lay hands on people to pass a gift on, as was told in the Acts when he was in Samaria. I have no idea what a Magisterum is but surly it is something man came up with and not the bible.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#316
Aug 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who taught you?
The Spirit said to Philip,“Go and join up with that chariot.”
Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and said,
“Do you understand what you are reading?” He replied,“How can I, unless someone instructs me?” So he invited Philip to get in and sit with him.
Who sits you you?
Again, only what Jesus said. Nothing more, nothing less. Not of men who 300 years later and declared what books to go in and what books to stay out of the OT/NT.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#318
Aug 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?? He was part of the Magisterium of the Church.
What successor of the Apostles laid hands on your or your preacher man?
Acts 6:
5
The proposal was acceptable to the whole community, so they chose Stephen, a man filled with faith and the holy Spirit, also Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicholas of Antioch, a convert to Judaism.
6
They presented these men to the apostles who prayed and laid hands on them. 4
Phillip later went on to preach in Samaria and after that he taught the scriptures to the dude from Ethiopia.
He is Saint . Saint Phillip the Evangelist to distinguish him from the Apostle.
So according to this definition I looked up.

In Catholicism, the Magisterium is the teaching authority of the Church.[1] According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him.

For Phillip to be as you claimed part of this he had to be advised by the Pope or the Bishops as to what to teach the Ethiopian.

Now lets see what the word of God actually says instead of what you say and then decide whom to believe.

4 Therefore, those who had been scattered went about [b]preaching the word. 5 Philip went down to the city of Samaria and began proclaiming [c]Christ to them.

Notice that the church did not direct them to go preach. And here is the evidence of that.

14 Now when the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent them Peter and John, 15 who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.

If the apostles did not know of this preaching because the verse says they HEARD the word had be received. SO we know that this was not church directed from Jerusalem.

Also notice that Peter was not acting in a POPE status as HE was sent.

26 But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying,“Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.”([h]This is a desert road.) 27 So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship,

NOTICE whom sent Phillip. Not the church.

Good luck explaining this away Catholics. In the words of Mark Eden Your ignores is showing forth. And you have no idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••