Comments
1 - 20 of 204 Comments Last updated May 23, 2013
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 11, 2013
 

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 11, 2013
 
We baptized a lady into Christ a few weeks back that visited the big entertaining baptist church here in town. She could tell something was missing. She was searching for authentic Christianity. She found it.

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

"You" baptized someone into Christ? You mean they submitted/obeyed the gospel and "God" done a work in then in baptism- Col. 2:11-12. "YOU" nor any man puts one in Christ.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 11, 2013
 
JesusCreed wrote:
"You" baptized someone into Christ? You mean they submitted/obeyed the gospel and "God" done a work in then in baptism- Col. 2:11-12. "YOU" nor any man puts one in Christ.

Col. 2:11-12 amen.

"I thank God that I baptized none of you except..."

Who said that?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 11, 2013
 
I was waiting on that verse .... but it doesn't say "YOU" put one in Christ. You merely lend your sevice and put them in water .... wherein, according to Col. 2:11-12 God does a work.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 11, 2013
 
JesusCreed wrote:
"You" baptized someone into Christ? You mean they submitted/obeyed the gospel and "God" done a work in then in baptism- Col. 2:11-12. "YOU" nor any man puts one in Christ.
Yes, I immersed her into Christ.

I did not lead her in the sinners prayer like some mindless drone.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 11, 2013
 
JesusCreed wrote:
I was waiting on that verse .... but it doesn't say "YOU" put one in Christ. You merely lend your sevice and put them in water .... wherein, according to Col. 2:11-12 God does a work.
Never said.

Relax

:)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Your opening comment says, "we" baptized her into Christ. Sorry, but you merely baptized her and in baptism God done a work.

fOcUs :-)

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Since: Jun 11

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 11, 2013
 
HEATH - 72 wrote:
We baptized a lady into Christ a few weeks back that visited the big entertaining baptist church here in town. She could tell something was missing. She was searching for authentic Christianity. She found it.
www.roysecitycoc.org
Funny , no mention of repentance at all.

Repentance comes before baptism.

According to COC doctrine , if on the way to water, the person dies, no sins washed away.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Since: Jun 11

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 11, 2013
 
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I immersed her into Christ.
I did not lead her in the sinners prayer like some mindless drone.
Funny , never no mention of repentance , just dunking someone in water.

No mention of dunking them , according to Acts 2:38 , in the name of Jesus Christ.

I guess the person , who was dunked , felt sorry (remorseful), for their sins. But no mention of repentance.

If dunking someone in water , put someone into Christ , I'd dunk everyone ( no worries about repentance).

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 11, 2013
 
regina steele marrs wrote:
<quoted text>Funny , never no mention of repentance , just dunking someone in water.

No mention of dunking them , according to Acts 2:38 , in the name of Jesus Christ.

I guess the person , who was dunked , felt sorry (remorseful), for their sins. But no mention of repentance.

If dunking someone in water , put someone into Christ , I'd dunk everyone ( no worries about repentance).
Prov. 12:1 is apropos.

Don't be stupid.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Heath ole buddy, you would be amazed how many of your so called properly baptized church of Christ members are now in evangelical churches.

The title of this thread does not fit the discussion, so lets put it in perspective.

http://www.setbb.com/exchurchofchris/

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 11, 2013
 
Bobby wrote:
Heath ole buddy, you would be amazed how many of your so called properly baptized church of Christ members are now in evangelical churches.

The title of this thread does not fit the discussion, so lets put it in perspective.

http://www.setbb.com/exchurchofchris/
Bobby, ole buddy, they ain't mine.

Your evangelical numbers are dropping according to one of your own.

Hhhmmmm
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby, ole buddy, they ain't mine.
Your evangelical numbers are dropping according to one of your own.
Hhhmmmm
That is true Christianity is declining all over the world. There are a few hot spots like south Korea though. My point was that we evangelicals are siphoning off more coc churches that you guys are from our churches:-) How many members do you have now-21?

If you control every aspect of the church, then yes it is your church. Sorry, I forgot you do answer to Johnny, right?

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Since: Jun 11

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 11, 2013
 
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 12:1 is apropos.
Don't be stupid.
Hmmmm... just fitting for a COC Minister (I use the term loosely) for you.

Still no mention of repentance , just dunking someone in water.

I challenge any COC person to provide evidence , of anyone being Baptized in a Trinitarian doctrine, in the Bible.

Like Joe Friday use to say , Just the Facts , one occasion.

You speak of sinners prayer , but never mention repentance , just dunking someone. Seems the COC , has the cart before the horse. Maybe , shaking the Preacher's hand , or dunking in water , places someone in the church.

Seems to be alot of ''supposedly christians'', walking around and have never repented of their sins.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 11, 2013
 
So you want to open the door to being rude to Pentecostals?

Is that you Regina? I wouldn't be suprized...

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 11, 2013
 
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>That is true Christianity is declining all over the world. There are a few hot spots like south Korea though. My point was that we evangelicals are siphoning off more coc churches that you guys are from our churches:-) How many members do you have now-21?

If you control every aspect of the church, then yes it is your church. Sorry, I forgot you do answer to Johnny, right?
Matthew 7:12-14

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 11, 2013
 
regina steele marrs wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm... just fitting for a COC Minister (I use the term loosely) for you.

Still no mention of repentance , just dunking someone in water.

I challenge any COC person to provide evidence , of anyone being Baptized in a Trinitarian doctrine, in the Bible.

Like Joe Friday use to say , Just the Facts , one occasion.

You speak of sinners prayer , but never mention repentance , just dunking someone. Seems the COC , has the cart before the horse. Maybe , shaking the Preacher's hand , or dunking in water , places someone in the church.

Seems to be alot of ''supposedly christians'', walking around and have never repented of their sins.
Prov. 12:1

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Thanks for keeping this thread fresh.

;)
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Bobby wrote:
Heath ole buddy, you would be amazed how many of your so called properly baptized church of Christ members are now in evangelical churches.
The title of this thread does not fit the discussion, so lets put it in perspective.
http://www.setbb.com/exchurchofchris/
I would have to agree with you sir. If anyone thinks this is simply an evangelical church problem they are deceiving themselves. This is a religion in general problem with kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••