|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it makes Catholics pay for killing babies.
Obamacare makes Catholic hospitals perform abortions?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

William wrote:
<quoted text>
Control of market share.
Catholicism doesn't like competition, and the federal government doesn't like not being in control of 22% of the economy (healthcare).
Both entities have set themselves up as indispensable to their customers and would-be customers. The feds even have the IRS to use in enforcing the Obamacare Inquisition.
Completely appropriate analogy between Catholicism and Obamacare.
The federal government is forcing all Americans to join Obamacare. Last time I checked the federal government is not forcing anyone to become a Catholic but it is forcing Catholic institutions and companies like Hobby Lobby to provide abortion coverage to employees. Just see what's happening to the Little Sisters of the Poor.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
It has gotten far beyond mass confusion! Prots are the Obamacare of Christianity.
Was James correct when he said a man who could not bridle his tongue - that his faith is useless?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Was James correct when he said a man who could not bridle his tongue - that his faith is useless?
Just a guess but I'm betting you have posted 1,000 words on Topix for every one of mine!
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

William wrote:
"Gonna pull a Jadeveon Clowney and it easy until I get paid."
Clowney better get his head screwed on. He had one signature play in last year's bowl game against Michigan, and is coasting on that memory.
NFL GM's don't like slackers. Just ask Jamarcus Russell or Ricky Williams.
As long as Clowney doesn't balloon up to 450 lbs like Russell or tune out and burn up like Ricky he'll be fine. Lot of smoke blowing right now- I think in order to scare Jacksonville out of drafting him. Kid from Oregon doing the same thing.

As for the other post, past tense. Already happened.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text> I meant to, then forgot to address the second claim in this post, so here ya go; "because if he has rules for us and we don't know them, then he can't be all powerful or all knowing", well this is just a huge assumption don't ya think?
No, because if he's all knowing and all powerful, he could figure out how to let us know the rules. Since we don't know the rules, either he isn't all powerful/knowing, or doesn't care if we know them.
pearl wrote:
What we know,{and I'm assuming you mean humankind} would have no bearing on whether or not a god is "all knowing and all powerful." If a god were these things you would know what that god wants you to know. Your whole concept is a little juvenile, so let's try to up our game before some believer takes the time to wipe the floor with you. Nothing personal, just trying to save you from embarrassment down the road.
Nothing personal, but you are stupid.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct in this. However it the Protestants who have caused this.
Jesus predicted this when he prayed that we should all be as one so the world can see that.
Before 1500, the entire world knew what Jesus and Father taught. You believed it or you didn't.
Now people like you look at the confusion and come to the conclusion that you have.
Ignore the Protestants and learn what the Church teaches. Then you can make a decision. The rest is mass confusion.
You are helping to prove my point. If I were to ask a Protestant, he's say something similar about your beliefs. You can't both be right...
Mike Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are helping to prove my point. If I were to ask a Protestant, he's say something similar about your beliefs. You can't both be right...
Exactly.

The only Christians for 1500 years were Catholics. That is a historical fact. Now there are approximately 40,000 Prot communities, many believing exactly opposite of each other. The doctrine of Sola Scriptura made this happen.

The Church has not changed her teaching on faith and morals for 2000 years.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 49:3-6
3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the Lord, and my work with my God.
5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.
6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
Well, that didn't happen, now did it.
Or ... will it?
Done. Israel regathered from captivity, temple rebuilt, 12 tribes reunited; Acts 13:47 quotes Isaiah 49. Fulfilled.
William

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Done. Israel regathered from captivity, temple rebuilt, 12 tribes reunited; Acts 13:47 quotes Isaiah 49. Fulfilled.
Did salvation proceed from Israel to the gentiles? The royal and holy priesthood out there preaching to the heathen? I know that some denominations claim to be "spiritual Israel" to try and get around this.

But that ain't the deal.
William

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

How many times does the word "priest" show up in Paul's epistles?

None.

Rather difficult for him to have been preaching about any kind of a "priesthood" then.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
How many times does the word "priest" show up in Paul's epistles?
None.
Rather difficult for him to have been preaching about any kind of a "priesthood" then.
Probably best to look up the etymology of the English word "priest" before making a statement like that.
William

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably best to look up the etymology of the English word "priest" before making a statement like that.
Why? He never preached a "priesthood" to a bunch of heathen gentiles. Your crew came along later and started that racket.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? He never preached a "priesthood" to a bunch of heathen gentiles. Your crew came along later and started that racket.
Why? It always helps to know how and where English words originate especially when another language like Greek is involved. It also helps to learn how Greek words are translated into Romance languages.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a guess but I'm betting you have posted 1,000 words on Topix for every one of mine!
At least they said something:-)
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Look back at the book of James. Can blessings and cursings come from the same mouth was his point, and it was directed at Paul - the apostle to the heretics

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
At least they said something:-)
Yeah right.
William

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Barnsweb wrote:
Look back at the book of James. Can blessings and cursings come from the same mouth was his point, and it was directed at Paul - the apostle to the heretics
Read James 1:1 to see who it was directed to.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

William wrote:
<quoted text>
Did salvation proceed from Israel to the gentiles? The royal and holy priesthood out there preaching to the heathen? I know that some denominations claim to be "spiritual Israel" to try and get around this.
But that ain't the deal.
How about showing how Isaiah was not fulfilled yet? Or reading Romans 9-11 and see who Paul says Israel really is. Or Romans 12:1, which is "priestly" language no matter how one cuts it. Who is the "Israel of God" in Galatians? Salvation going to the gentiles was foreseen in the OT. William, on this issue I see a lot of dancing, but how does the progressive dispensational idea stand up to scrutiny? I don't see it at all.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

No it doesn't, yes it does, no it doesn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of341
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bassett Discussions

Search the Bassett Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Peter was not a Pope 1 hr Mike_Peterson 53
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 17 hr James 2,541
Transubstantiation is a Catholic lie Sat Mike_Peterson 16
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) Sat Mike_Peterson 70
Origin of the Roman Catholic Church Sat Mike_Peterson 28
Chosen by God Fri Roman Catholic Sproul 37
Catholic Priest cannot forgive sins Fri Mike_Peterson 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000