Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because of the volume. Protestants have issues with every book.
For example the biggest which is the the Gospels.
"Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you do not have life in you."
Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips". It is a sin to even speak the name of another god.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips". It is a sin to even speak the name of another god.
Amen !!

5: LORD, my allotted portion and my cup,
you have made my destiny secure.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips". It is a sin to even speak the name of another god.
It always amuses me that women continually post the dumbest things here. All you Paul haters have to agree he was at least right about one thing!
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Barnsweb wrote:
So Paul was right to deny prohibition against eating meat offered to idols? Explain how so.
First of all, perhaps you should prove Paul ever said that eating food offered to idols was acceptable. From my reading of 1 Corinthians 8-10, he NEVER says eating food offered to idols is acceptable. He does repeat the idea that Jesus first introduced, God Himself, that it is not what goes into a man-foods- that defile him; but rather what comes from the heart, that's what defiles man.

Mark 7:19 tells us all foods are purified- no more dietary law. Paul would also go on to say that all foods are acceptable if taken with thanksgiving. As far as food and idols however, by 10:14, he clearly says "FLEE FROM IDOLATRY". He tells them to not share in the table of demons; then simply do not ask any questions about where the food in the market came from. And if they learn that something was offered to idols, "DO NOT EAT IT".

Try reading and comprehending what Paul actually said. It's a lot different from what Jesus Words only guy tells you he said.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Focus on the teachings of Jesus, "Jesus' Words Only", has been a theme the Lord has lead me to since at least 2005 - before Mr. DelTondo ever had his book published. We're now share ideas regarding the backbone of the principle as perhaps the core principle of the once for all delivered faith. At one time in the process I thought that the matter was either the writings of Paul were mistranslated or totally misunderstood because people didn't use the principle of 'the sum of Thy word is truth' when reading Paul, that what Paul said could only be understood correctly when filtered through the Doctrine of God that Jesus taught. I went on that premise for some time, in hope that the self proclaimed apostle to the gentiles was true - and merely misunderstood and taken out of context. Much of what Paul wrote is very insightful, but if what Paul taught leads away from what the Master Teacher and Messiah said the truth is - then I have to serve One Master. I think you can appreciate that goal, and I believe we both desire to serve Him, but that we certainly disagree on the matter of the authorization of Paul to the level of one of the twelve or to provide added revelation from that Prophet that is provably from Him and not of another.
This is why I asked the singular question.
So are you saying you believe Paul said it was OK to eat the meat, and that the prohibition was against attending pagan feasts?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Read what I wrote and what Paul said. Not that hard no matter how hard you try.

*At one time in the process I thought that the matter was either the writings of Paul were mistranslated or totally misunderstood because people didn't use the principle of 'the sum of Thy word is truth' when reading Paul, that what Paul said could only be understood correctly when filtered through the Doctrine of God that Jesus taught. I went on that premise for some time, in hope that the self proclaimed apostle to the gentiles was true - and merely misunderstood and taken out of context.

You should have stuck with this route- it is the correct one.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Are you trying to bind the OT law on a group of people- gentiles- who had never lived under law; and who the first century church wouldn't bind it on either? Sounds very kosher to me.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Mike, direct inflammatory name calling just cheapens anything you have to say.'low end Prots'?

You really aren't any more important than any one of the 'low end Prots', nor any better off.

Jesus said all the apostles were nothing but brethren who He trusted and honored to pass on His witness of the Doctrine and word of God. Jesus is the authority - not Peter, not Paul, and most certainly not the Catholic Church - we all see how much she slips further into apostasy by the day...not that she is alone...but if you were as correct as you claim, this could not be so.

Do you actually believe if Jesus showed up on the Topix message board today that He would call non-RCC who trust in His divine words of eternal life to be 'low end Prots'?

Get real. You are doing nothing but showing the depraved nature of your own heart and mind...not any mind that is enlightened by God or His Son or His Spirit or His Word.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
Are you trying to bind the OT law on a group of people- gentiles- who had never lived under law; and who the first century church wouldn't bind it on either? Sounds very kosher to me.
Go back and read the Torah. How many nations were present with Israel when they left Egypt? Portions of the Law were given to non Jews - which was affirmed as extant by the Jerusalem Decree. Secondly, if all nations were to be taught discipleship to whatever Jesus taught, and all He taught is from the Torah, Psalms and Prophets - the Gentiles have more to 'abide in' than the Ten Commandments - they have to keep ALL His instructions that would apply to them.

Acts 3:22,23 goes hand in hand with the great commission account of Matthew's gospel.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
Mike, direct inflammatory name calling just cheapens anything you have to say.'low end Prots'?
You really aren't any more important than any one of the 'low end Prots', nor any better off.
Jesus said all the apostles were nothing but brethren who He trusted and honored to pass on His witness of the Doctrine and word of God. Jesus is the authority - not Peter, not Paul, and most certainly not the Catholic Church - we all see how much she slips further into apostasy by the day...not that she is alone...but if you were as correct as you claim, this could not be so.
Do you actually believe if Jesus showed up on the Topix message board today that He would call non-RCC who trust in His divine words of eternal life to be 'low end Prots'?
Get real. You are doing nothing but showing the depraved nature of your own heart and mind...not any mind that is enlightened by God or His Son or His Spirit or His Word.
Want me to call you a name? By the way "low end prots" is my copyrighted phrase and only certain people have permission to use it.
William

Talladega, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

What about Mid-Range Prots? Like them Whiskeypalians.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read the Torah. How many nations were present with Israel when they left Egypt? Portions of the Law were given to non Jews - which was affirmed as extant by the Jerusalem Decree. Secondly, if all nations were to be taught discipleship to whatever Jesus taught, and all He taught is from the Torah, Psalms and Prophets - the Gentiles have more to 'abide in' than the Ten Commandments - they have to keep ALL His instructions that would apply to them.
Acts 3:22,23 goes hand in hand with the great commission account of Matthew's gospel.
Greetings.

Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying "You must be circumcised and keep the law"- to whom we gave no such commandment... For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things..."

Apostles gave no such commandments to the gentiles to keep the law, the Holy Spirit thought it good; the Mosaic covenant was given to physical Israel and centered around them, it was not given to all of the nations. Gentiles not covered in Mosaic law, no provisions for them.

You're mashing different covenants and peoples into a big Judaistic smorgasbord. It does not work.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

AENT 24-30
He spoke another parable in figure to them and said,'The Kingdom of Heaven is likened to a man who sowed good seed in his field. And when the people were asleep, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and left. And when the blades sprang up and bore the fruit, then the tares also appeared. And the servants approached the House of Master YHWH and said to him,'Behold, you did sow good seed in your field. From where are the tares in it?' And he said to them,'A man who is an enemy did this.' His servants said to him,'Do you desire for us to go pluck them out?' But he said to them, "No, or else while you are plucking the tares, you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at that time of the harvest I will say to the reapers to pluck out first the tares and bind them in bundles to be burned, but the wheat gather them into my storehouses."
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Your interpretation and point?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
Oh great enlightened Paul hater!!!! Jesus would approve of you hating Paul, I am sure.

He would call them what they really are, heretics. Protestants by definition protest the Church Jesus started. Low end means there is no or minimum worship of him on Sunday morning. Even high end Prots use these term.

There are 2 songs sung and then a man lectures for 45 minutes. That is not worship. The man is graded on how much money he brings in and how many of the people make an altar call with no altar in the room.

They refuse to eat his body and drink his blood and denigrate his mother.

You better believe he might ask a few questions like who taught you that you can believe anything you want and be a follower of mine.

He left us with 1 Truth.

It surely isn't Jesus only Words or Sola Scriptura.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

The good seed is the gospel preached by Jesus Christ and the twelve apostles.

While people slept someone put bad seed in the field. It was a man who was an enemy of God. It wasn't until later, when the fruits (works) became visible that the servants of God inquired of God about it - if He wanted them to pull the weeds out. I think Jesus knew the matter was not going to be seen until close to the harvest time and God said to just let them grow together and He'll take care of it at the harvest, but that not everyone in the field is fruitful of what He planted (Jesus actually taught).

So I'm just going to stick with what Jesus actually taught and uphold those things to the best of my ability as He gives and stop trying to get people to see the lies of Paul. What's important now is to wash in His words of life, that we be found worthy to enter the Heavenly City when He return for those who believed Him. Those who didn't think to be hearers and doers of His word had ample opportunity to become His disciples and sons of God - but some were only hearers and not doers.

That's my take on it anyway....

Guess it just comes down to who you believe.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
What about Mid-Range Prots? Like them Whiskeypalians.
Just as valid as any other non Catholic community. They could use the excuse as their private interpretation of wine means whiskey.

Sounds as logical as other Prot's personal interpretations.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
Oh yeah. Don't fret. You have moved from low end Prot to low end Jew, so don't get offended anymore.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great enlightened Paul hater!!!! Jesus would approve of you hating Paul, I am sure.
He would call them what they really are, heretics. Protestants by definition protest the Church Jesus started. Low end means there is no or minimum worship of him on Sunday morning. Even high end Prots use these term.
There are 2 songs sung and then a man lectures for 45 minutes. That is not worship. The man is graded on how much money he brings in and how many of the people make an altar call with no altar in the room.
They refuse to eat his body and drink his blood and denigrate his mother.
You better believe he might ask a few questions like who taught you that you can believe anything you want and be a follower of mine.
He left us with 1 Truth.
It surely isn't Jesus only Words or Sola Scriptura.
Yes, He left us one truth -'One Lord, One faith, One baptism'

btw, protestants protest against the Pope, not the people of God. God is the authority - Jesus is the Man we are to hear and obey. Rejecting a man who pretends to bind what he says upon God is someone worthy of protesting against - if you actually believe God or Jesus Christ.

What has the Pope done lately that convinces you he has more authority than Jesus Christ does?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett