First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#24 Oct 5, 2013
The Sprouls are the human equivalent of stinkbugs except stinkbugs are around by the thousands... there are only a handful of Sprouls but one can smell them from a mile away as they happily bash the Catholic Church but reveal nothing about the Covenant Presbyterian cult.
Roman Catholic Sproul

France

#25 Oct 5, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
2000 years of Catholic bashing and the Church still exists.
So does Satan, just saying. I am just a student of history. I was unable to find any Presbyterian crusades or where they tried to withhold Scriptures from anyone.

http://catholicchurchx.com/Crusades.html
http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/banned.htm
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#26 Oct 5, 2013
Roman Catholic Sproul wrote:
<quoted text>So does Satan, just saying. I am just a student of history. I was unable to find any Presbyterian crusades or where they tried to withhold Scriptures from anyone.
http://catholicchurchx.com/Crusades.html
http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/banned.htm
So you missed the prostestant " crusades " against the Church.

If not for the Crusades , we might all be Muslims now.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#27 Oct 5, 2013
Was Jesus so unclear in what He taught that we need to rely on 'early believers' beyond the twelve to know what they believed? Just asking...
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#28 Oct 5, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Was Jesus so unclear in what He taught that we need to rely on 'early believers' beyond the twelve to know what they believed? Just asking...
He was totally clear to those he taught. How did he teach them? Orally. That is how he told them to continue teaching the Truth. That is why Jesus established his Church. To continue to teach.

How do we know what he taught? By what we found that was written and by Tradition. Not everything was written down. We know that.

That is why the Church is the pillar of truth.

You can see what happens when people think a book is.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#29 Oct 5, 2013
And the RCC has shown us through its' history what value tradition is to take away from what Jesus did teach.

To him who has, more will be given. That's the way of the word of Jesus. You cannot fully understand it without doing it - being both a hearer and a doer of His word. And how can one be busy at His light when the doctrine is tradition?...

I'm sure you've heard of the 'telephone game', where you take a circle of kids and start with a phrase and each whispers it into the ear of the person next to them. By the time it goes around the room it is often quite unrecognizable from what was said to start with.

Jesus taught openly, and the Holy Spirit guided both Matthew and John to record what we have need of today - which was also as needful 2000 years ago.

"If you abide in My word, ye are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." Look up 'abide' in the dictionary - it says nothing about traditions to follow. Where did Jesus teach the need for traditions being equal to the words He spoke from God the Father?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#30 Oct 5, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
And the RCC has shown us through its' history what value tradition is to take away from what Jesus did teach.
To him who has, more will be given. That's the way of the word of Jesus. You cannot fully understand it without doing it - being both a hearer and a doer of His word. And how can one be busy at His light when the doctrine is tradition?...
I'm sure you've heard of the 'telephone game', where you take a circle of kids and start with a phrase and each whispers it into the ear of the person next to them. By the time it goes around the room it is often quite unrecognizable from what was said to start with.
Jesus taught openly, and the Holy Spirit guided both Matthew and John to record what we have need of today - which was also as needful 2000 years ago.
"If you abide in My word, ye are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." Look up 'abide' in the dictionary - it says nothing about traditions to follow. Where did Jesus teach the need for traditions being equal to the words He spoke from God the Father?
This is your personal decision. You are not the pillar of Truth.

Even the Gospels tell us not everything Jesus did was recorded by writing it down.

From the 2nd Vatican Council:

"Hence there exists a close connection and communication between sacred Tradition and sacred Scripture. For both of them, flowing from the same divine wellspring, in a certain way merge into a unity and tend toward the same end. For sacred Scripture is the word of God inasmuch as it is consigned to writing under the inspiration of the divine Spirit. To the successors of the apostles, sacred Tradition hands on in its full purity Godís word, which was entrusted to the apostles by Christ the Lord and the Holy Spirit.

"Thus, by the light of the Spirit of truth, these successors can in their preaching preserve this word of God faithfully, explain it, and make it more widely known. Consequently it is not from sacred Scripture alone that the Church draws her certainty about everything which has been revealed. Therefore both sacred Tradition and sacred Scripture are to be accepted and venerated with the same devotion and reverence."

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#31 Oct 5, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your personal decision. You are not the pillar of Truth.
Even the Gospels tell us not everything Jesus did was recorded by writing it down.
From the 2nd Vatican Council:
"Hence there exists a close connection and communication between sacred Tradition and sacred Scripture. For both of them, flowing from the same divine wellspring, in a certain way merge into a unity and tend toward the same end. For sacred Scripture is the word of God inasmuch as it is consigned to writing under the inspiration of the divine Spirit. To the successors of the apostles, sacred Tradition hands on in its full purity Godís word, which was entrusted to the apostles by Christ the Lord and the Holy Spirit.
"Thus, by the light of the Spirit of truth, these successors can in their preaching preserve this word of God faithfully, explain it, and make it more widely known. Consequently it is not from sacred Scripture alone that the Church draws her certainty about everything which has been revealed. Therefore both sacred Tradition and sacred Scripture are to be accepted and venerated with the same devotion and reverence."
Latter day prots who have made up their own little belief system have no history and no tradition sacred or otherwise except as hand me downs from other prots. I love it when they get all huffy and arrogant!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Axel Reid 46 min HEATH - 72 3
Did the Second Coming of Jesus Occur A.D. 70 1 hr HEATH - 72 110
Resurrection of the righteous and wicked 1 hr HEATH - 72 8
World without end 3 hr Axel Reid 95
The Book of Revelation, Before AD70 or in AD96?... 3 hr Axel Reid 5
Able... a part of a covenant? 5 hr Axel Reid 4
Catholics (Feb '14) 6 hr Mike_Peterson 2,136
More from around the web

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE