Comments
21 - 40 of 81 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2013
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#22 Nov 13, 2013
And do recall the date. Let's see how it matches their records.

Since: Nov 13

Chicago, IL

#23 Nov 13, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness we didn't have to read what you think NT scripture means. Drivel and made up in your mind.
Do you think your interpretation of the Bible is infallible? If not why do you try and tell anybody what it means and possible lead somebody to hell.
none of us are always right including you and your popes

Chicago, IL

#24 Nov 13, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
And do recall the date. Let's see how it matches their records.
good and interesting points gone unchecked by the Mary worship people

Chicago, IL

#25 Nov 13, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a focused study of the teachings of Jesus. One of my favorite Psalms is the longest one. Just curious - how do you uphold Paul when he said 'All things are lawful'?
I do not follow you on this. What do you mean how to I uphold Paul? In that contest of 'All things are lawful', what do you believe Paul to be saying

Chicago, IL

#26 Nov 13, 2013
my sight is bad forgive my mispelling
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#27 Nov 13, 2013
Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not follow you on this. What do you mean how to I uphold Paul? In that contest of 'All things are lawful', what do you believe Paul to be saying
Beats me. Jesus upheld the things God had given and cut off all the man made rules and pointed them to pay attention to the weightier matters. So if they needed to go back and wash off their man made dirt from what He actually said - how can all things be 'lawful'? I don't get Paul on that verse at all, unless he said it to Gentiles and was trying to appear 'amonia'- without the Law, which would have him contradicting what the rest of the Bible says....

beats me!
William

Columbus, GA

#28 Nov 13, 2013
The gentiles of the Ephesian and Colossian letters were not under the law, had no knowledge of the law, had nothing to do with Israel, and wouldn't have known what to do with Mosaic law and the Talmud. Paul didn't tell them to start keeping laws that never applied to them to start with.

There is more than one type of gentile in the scriptures. Gentiles who feared the God of Abraham and blessed Israel, and heathen gentiles who had squat to do with Israel.

We, today, are the second kind. But almost everyone wants to be just like the first kind.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#29 Nov 13, 2013
I see we have a mini micro microcosm of 40,000 prot denominations in action.
William

Columbus, GA

#30 Nov 13, 2013
My Latin Vulgate must need some editing.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#31 Nov 13, 2013
"And God himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse to give absolution, provided the penitent is capable of it." (Liguori,«Duties and Dignities of the Priest», p.27)

Sad.

Location hidden

#32 Nov 13, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
"And God himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse to give absolution, provided the penitent is capable of it." (Liguori,«Duties and Dignities of the Priest», p.27)
Sad.
Here's more of it you poor sad man.

http://www.catholictradition.org/Priests/prie...
William

Montgomery, AL

#33 Nov 13, 2013
"With regard to the mystic body of Christ, that is, all the faithful, the priest has the power of the keys, or the power of delivering sinners from Hell, of making them worthy of Paradise, and of changing them from the slaves of Satan into the children of God."

Whoa.

No need for Jesus, just call up Father Mark!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#34 Nov 13, 2013
Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
none of us are always right including you and your popes
Amazing. You believe in Sola Fide that everything you need to know for salvation is in the Bible, but you admit you don't know everything you need to know.

You are a lost soul.

The Church doesnt believe in Sola Fide which was invented by Luther, but it knows exactly what it means because Jesus started a Church and didnt mention or write the Bible. The Church created the Bible. The scriptures were written after the Church was started.
Annoying Proxy

Chicago, IL

#35 Nov 13, 2013
Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
my sight is bad forgive my mispelling
Your spelling looks perfect to me but then my eyesight is bad also.

Location hidden

#36 Nov 13, 2013
Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>Your spelling looks perfect to me but then my eyesight is bad also.
Which finger am I holding up?

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#37 Nov 13, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing. You believe in Sola Fide that everything you need to know for salvation is in the Bible, but you admit you don't know everything you need to know.

You are a lost soul.

The Church doesnt believe in Sola Fide which was invented by Luther, but it knows exactly what it means because Jesus started a Church and didnt mention or write the Bible. The Church created the Bible. The scriptures were written after the Church was started.
I don't believe or teach sola fide.

James 2:24

www.roysecitycoc.org
William

Snellville, GA

#38 Nov 13, 2013
James 1:1

Which tribe do y'all belong to?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#39 Nov 14, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
www.roysecitycoc.org
sola scriptura which is worst and what I meant to say. Believe and teach what you want. The HS speaks the truth to all of us through ink on piece of paper. That is what the the Bible is unless somebody with authority teaches you.

Location hidden

#40 Nov 14, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
www.roysecitycoc.org
Yeah that's one of the few things the Church of Christ denomination dropped when it left the Baptist Church.
Annoying Proxy

Chicago, IL

#41 Nov 14, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's pretend you are right - when did the Catholic Church translate the NT into Aramaic and give it to the East? Have any historical evidence to substantiate that?
They could enlighten us as to how the Catholic church created the other such canons such as the Aramaic or Orthodox which are different than the Catholic canons of today. They seem to be silent on anything that shows how incorrect they actually are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is baptism essential to salvation (Nov '10) 8 hr Jimmy-Crack-Corn 243
The Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 8 hr Jimmy-Crack-Corn 147
Catholics (Feb '14) 20 hr William 853
Jesus' words only teaching, HRM (Sep '13) Thu Curious 63
Signing off ... for now Aug 26 Barnsweb 512
Where did the CoC cowards go? Aug 23 Jimmy Crack Corn 2
Debate: Ferguson - Martinsville, VA Aug 22 Barnsweb 8
•••
•••
Bassett Dating