Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

We should create a thread for bible study, a thread where we start with Acts to Revelation. We could post a few verses, maybe more then all weigh in on them with comments. There seems to be enough people on here for such a study. It would be nice to turn this forum into something more productive. Anyone game?

Since: Nov 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

I will open a thread for Bible Study beginning with Acts of the Apostles. Please weigh in with comments. This should be a good way for all to study the word of God
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Good luck with all that.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
Good luck with all that.
why are you catholic too? You dont think people here would study
Mike_Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
We should create a thread for bible study, a thread where we start with Acts to Revelation. We could post a few verses, maybe more then all weigh in on them with comments. There seems to be enough people on here for such a study. It would be nice to turn this forum into something more productive. Anyone game?
I'm game if we use the Church as the final authority when we disagree. There has to be one meaning and one truth. Also the Bible was created by the Church, not Jesus so the truth has to lie with the Church.

John: 6

In these verses Jesus clearly sets the stage for instituting the Sacrament of the Eucharist and that bread and wine later given at the Last Supper is truly the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Those who don't believe this are those in John 6:66 who left him. It is too hard of a teaching.

I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world."
The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us (his) flesh to eat?"
Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats 19 my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever."
These things he said while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
20 Then many of his disciples who were listening said, "This saying is hard; who can accept it?"
Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, "Does this shock you?
What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? 21
It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh 22 is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
But there are some of you who do not believe." Jesus knew from the beginning the ones who would not believe and the one who would betray him.
And he said, "For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father."
As a result of this, many (of) his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him.
William

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you catholic too? You dont think people here would study
Not Catlick.

And they won't study.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Oh I see. They just on here with a Catholic agenda and get their rocks off when they see a prot to pound on. Sad bunch they are
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
Oh I see. They just on here with a Catholic agenda and get their rocks off when they see a prot to pound on. Sad bunch they are
It's like watching a football game.

Catholics vs. Convicts
Mike_Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
The meaning of the Bible was decided 1600 years ago when the Church created it.

Are you really that arrogant you have something to add to the Truth.

Where do you last Sunday morning?

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Instead of this chilish stuff why can we not all study the bible even in disagreement at times. I dont get you guys on here.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Why start Bible study from Acts? Do you think the gospels are part of the OT that Paul said was nailed to the cross?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
Instead of this chilish stuff why can we not all study the bible even in disagreement at times. I dont get you guys on here.
Childish? There is 1 Truth. How can there be disagreement over 1 Truth?

I don't get Protestants arguing over the Truth. Let me give you meaning that was decided 2000 years ago and we can discuss how that relates to our life today.

That is Bible study.

Its like learning French. There is only 1 right way to speak French. You want to argue that you know how French really is spoken, Everybody else is wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
Why start Bible study from Acts? Do you think the gospels are part of the OT that Paul said was nailed to the cross?
You have now officially taken over from Killed-Joe and the most wackiest poster for me.

What a journey you are on. I hope you get to your next phase soon.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
I do not follow you on this. The gospels would be a great study would they not. I was not trying to hurdle over them at all. I just thought Acts of the apostles would be a great place to start a study. I am game for a study any part of the Bible but it seems people on here are not inclined to study his word. About the Law, it is holy and has not been done away with, it still stands and we must run the race in obedience to the Law despite our failure to uphold it perfectly as it reveals our weaknesses yet it remains Holy and a great reward to those who keep it.“Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us" parallels "having forgiven you all trespasses." Thus, Paul could not be referring to the law itself but rather to the record of our transgression of that law—sin! Paul is clear on this in Romans 7:12, "Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good." Peter also said, "Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed" (I Peter 2:24). Jesus did not come to destroy the Law of God but fulfill it. It was not the law that was nailed to the cross!!!! The law is not against us. "Moreover by God's commandments and statutes your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward" (Psalm 19:11).
Annoying Proxy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
Why not make it the entire New Testament because we will have to refer back to the gospels anyway. I almost went to Luke on the Acts thread but let it pass. The gospels are linked to the rest of the New Testament especially through the Luke/Acts connection. New Testament study?

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Annoying Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>Why not make it the entire New Testament because we will have to refer back to the gospels anyway. I almost went to Luke on the Acts thread but let it pass. The gospels are linked to the rest of the New Testament especially through the Luke/Acts connection. New Testament study?
Yes, that was my plan. I wanted to start with Acts and go to Revelation.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not follow you on this. The gospels would be a great study would they not. I was not trying to hurdle over them at all. I just thought Acts of the apostles would be a great place to start a study. I am game for a study any part of the Bible but it seems people on here are not inclined to study his word. About the Law, it is holy and has not been done away with, it still stands and we must run the race in obedience to the Law despite our failure to uphold it perfectly as it reveals our weaknesses yet it remains Holy and a great reward to those who keep it.“Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us" parallels "having forgiven you all trespasses." Thus, Paul could not be referring to the law itself but rather to the record of our transgression of that law—sin! Paul is clear on this in Romans 7:12, "Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good." Peter also said, "Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed" (I Peter 2:24). Jesus did not come to destroy the Law of God but fulfill it. It was not the law that was nailed to the cross!!!! The law is not against us. "Moreover by God's commandments and statutes your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward" (Psalm 19:11).
I'm on a focused study of the teachings of Jesus. One of my favorite Psalms is the longest one. Just curious - how do you uphold Paul when he said 'All things are lawful'?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Joe-the-Plumber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was my plan. I wanted to start with Acts and go to Revelation.
Thank goodness we didn't have to read what you think NT scripture means. Drivel and made up in your mind.

Do you think your interpretation of the Bible is infallible? If not why do you try and tell anybody what it means and possible lead somebody to hell.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness we didn't have to read what you think NT scripture means. Drivel and made up in your mind.
Do you think your interpretation of the Bible is infallible? If not why do you try and tell anybody what it means and possible lead somebody to hell.
Joe doesn't realize he's reading a Bible containing the list of books put together by the infallible Ecumenical Councils of the Roman Catholic Church. I doubt he even knows that today is November 12, 2013 because the Roman Catholic Church says it is. I doubt he even knows the month, day, and year of his birthday was determined by the Roman Catholic Church!!! Poor Joe.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe doesn't realize he's reading a Bible containing the list of books put together by the infallible Ecumenical Councils of the Roman Catholic Church. I doubt he even knows that today is November 12, 2013 because the Roman Catholic Church says it is. I doubt he even knows the month, day, and year of his birthday was determined by the Roman Catholic Church!!! Poor Joe.
Let's pretend you are right - when did the Catholic Church translate the NT into Aramaic and give it to the East? Have any historical evidence to substantiate that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Bassett Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search