First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#22 May 3, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tend to agree that the truth of God still has power, even when mixed with "misunderstandings". I do believe that there are at least some people in the religious groups who are saved because they do believe the gospel and respond to it. There are also lost people in every organization we see, including the coc. Been thinking of the wheat and tares a lot lately.
Those TV prosperity teachers are exactly who I was thinking of. Some of them do preach on other subjects. Some of them, all they speak of is wealth or miraculous seeds and such. That is not gospel to me.
Have you considered that most if not all lies are mixed with truth? We really do have to be careful.

Satan lied to eve when he said you surely will not die. It was true that her body did not immediately die-that is until many years later.

Satan is the father of all lies and he uses schemes mixed with what on the surface seems plausible.

In the past I have suggested that if Jesus was to return on a sunday morning for his people, there would be a lot of people still sitting in their church pews wondering what happened. Maybe even some preachers still standing in front of the pulpit.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the sign that the things not seen are true.If we stick with the scripture holding on to our faith, God will finish the work he has begun in us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr Barnsweb 2,799
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Thu Barnsweb 300
'Bible Study' Group Wed Mike_Peterson 3
Yamato closing to make way for new PIT STOP str... Jul 26 Godlovesyou 3
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! Jul 26 A local business ... 4
Johnny Robertsonís church of Christ (Feb '13) Jul 25 Barnsweb 157
Some Protestants Jul 21 Barnsweb 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages