Joey N

Martinsville, VA

#1 Sep 10, 2013
Syria says it is ready to disclose the location of chemical weapons, halt production, and show its facilities to representatives of Russia, the United Nations, and other states, Russia's Interfax news agency reports today, citing Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moallem.

The report did not identify the other states.
William

Talladega, AL

#2 Sep 10, 2013
Yawn.
William

Talladega, AL

#3 Sep 10, 2013
Double yawn.

LOL
Joey N

Martinsville, VA

#4 Sep 10, 2013
That’s good, right? It keeps us from going to war or making military strikes. I’m under the impression you see something else. A hidden agenda? What
William

Birmingham, AL

#5 Sep 10, 2013
"That’s good, right? It keeps us from going to war or making military strikes. I’m under the impression you see something else. A hidden agenda? What."

Anytime you can avoid going to war it is a good thing. Sucks to be a Syrian civilian right now though.

Putin is gradually playing out a string of concessions that are designed to keep the US from attacking. As of right now, if we attacked, we look like complete idiots for having done so because the time to get the agreements in place to get these weapons secured hasn't happened. So they play for time. And it just strings out, and out, and out. We cannot attack while negotiations are going on. The timing of this announcement was very carefully planned to occur before Obama gets on television tonight to explain the case for military action. Now, he has to revise his speech, and on short notice, to counter this new offer.

The thing about these types of weapons, as well as biological and nuclear, is that they are used as negotiating stakes more than they are used as actual weapons. Having them in your arsenal is like having poker chips, from which you can deal all, some, a little, or none to achieve another purpose.

Case in point: When the Cuban missile crisis happened, it is a little known fact that the US removed missiles based in Turkey that were targeting the Soviet Union. The missiles may, or may not have had, nukes on them. But both sides got something they wanted and nobody started a By God Shooting War over it. World War 3 is something that no one is going to win.

Keep watching how the "negotiations" play out. My guess is that the weapons will come under Russian oversight, with UN inspectors being allowed to see what the Russians want them to see. That's how Russia works. That's how we work too, btw.
William

Birmingham, AL

#6 Sep 10, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_missile_cr...

You can learn a lot about the Super Powers conduct themselves when weapons of mass destruction are deployed from reading this Wiki article on the Cuban Missile Crisis.

A distant cousin of that Crisis is now being played out in Syria. Syria is Cuba. Sarin gas is the the nuke threat.

Watch and see if some concession(s) are made by the US, Russia, and other parties over this to avoid US strikes. If US strikes do in fact happen, then somebody failed to earn their paycheck as a diplomat somewhere.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#7 Sep 10, 2013
I can't imagine why anyone would watch CNN. Want the news? drudgereport.com , lucianne.com
William

Birmingham, AL

#8 Sep 10, 2013
http://www.timesofisrael.com/putin-shipping-a...

See, the deal-making is already in progress. We won't hear any wails from The Left or The Right over MIG-29's dropping cluster bombs on rebels, most likely.

Like I said ... it's all about the airplanes.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#9 Sep 10, 2013
I see a another Nobel Peace PrIze for our President.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#10 Sep 10, 2013
Well, I see him being stupid and starting WWIII.

Putin put Obama in checkmate, but Obama will likely still start THE war in an attempt to make the international bankers and war corporations dollars. Either that or the Western economy will crash. We loose either way. Anyone else read Putin's open letter to America?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

#11 Sep 11, 2013
Kinda like how the UN watched Iraq and Iran's weapons programs, told us "nothing to see here"?

Keep watching how the "negotiations" play out. My guess is that the weapons will come under Russian oversight, with UN inspectors being allowed to see what the Russians want them to see. That's how Russia works. That's how we work too, btw.
William

Birmingham, AL

#12 Sep 11, 2013
Kinda like how the UN watched Iraq and Iran's weapons programs, told us "nothing to see here"?

Money does strange things to people. Even UN "inspectors".

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#13 Sep 11, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/martinsville-...

Post # 5 has the same wording with a different name and location.

William and Dave P:
“Keep watching how the "negotiations" play out. My guess is that the weapons will come under Russian oversight, with UN inspectors being allowed to see what the Russians want them to see. That's how Russia works. That's how we work too, btw.”

Both parties use “Book it”, too.

If this is a forum of sock puppets I shall be on my way.
William

Birmingham, AL

#14 Sep 11, 2013
"If this is a forum of sock puppets I shall be on my way."

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya on your way out then.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#15 Sep 11, 2013
You carry on and continue talking to your other persona - ta ta.
Caleb

Martinsville, VA

#16 Sep 11, 2013
Answering Catholics wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/martinsville-va/TL4N2467OFR2 G7VMS
Post # 5 has the same wording with a different name and location.
William and Dave P:
“Keep watching how the "negotiations" play out. My guess is that the weapons will come under Russian oversight, with UN inspectors being allowed to see what the Russians want them to see. That's how Russia works. That's how we work too, btw.”
Both parties use “Book it”, too.
If this is a forum of sock puppets I shall be on my way.
This is likely why you do not see Bobby and others on here anymore. This site probably has less than a dozen actual people with some of them playing roles. From the beginning to present it has consisted of nothing but sock puppetry.
William

Columbus, GA

#17 Sep 11, 2013
Dave, what do you think about this guy? Is this another CoC semi-terrorist?
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#18 Sep 11, 2013
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>
This is likely why you do not see Bobby and others on here anymore. This site probably has less than a dozen actual people with some of them playing roles. From the beginning to present it has consisted of nothing but sock puppetry.
They are not on here because they want to discuss what their personal interpretation of scripture is and they get interrupted.

That verse means that.
No it doesnt
Yes it does.
No it doesnt.
yes it does.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Protestant Bible Study
Larry

United States

#19 Sep 11, 2013
Where did "seeking a wanderer" and "Jesus creep" go? I know those two are on here somewhere. When SW left he said if somebody duplicated his handle we could tell by the writing style. Odd he would say such a thing. That makes me think he can alter his writing style. This site is a joke. You wonder why you cannot get real people on here, just look at all of the alias on here. Tune in Sunday on Star News @ 8pm for the TRUTH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hard Passages: Acts 2:38 11 min Bobby 85
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr Mike_Peterson 1,821
Hard Passages: Hebrews 6:4-6 12 hr Eyeseaewe 171
Catholic deception 13 hr Mike_Peterson 309
Church of Christ - Rug of Hypocrisy (May '13) 19 hr anonymous 32
Johnny Robertson is running away Nov 19 News Bit 18
THAT/AND - Bible Verses Protestants Never "See" Nov 18 William 61
Bassett Dating
Find my Match

Bassett People Search