Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

regina steele marrs wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said and I quote again ,''Jesus was God , walking here in the flesh''. If you know the differences , between Jesus Only and Oneness doctrine , you understand what this means.
I asked of you this question (if I cn remember the same way I wrote it).
Did the man Jesus , born of woman, come down Heaven , and die and go back to Heaven.
The Oneness Pentecostal / Jesus Only teach that there is only one God, but denies the trinity. In other words, oneness theology does not see three persons in the Godhead. As I said in another post, various forms of oneness theology exist. You should cut to the chase and just state plainly what all you believe.

Do you contend that Jesus Christ sometimes manifests Himself as the Father or the Holy Spirit? Answer this please.

The Oneness Pentecostal / Jesus Only people I know believe Jesus is the Father and Jesus is the Spirit. They believe Jesus is one God who reveals Himself in different ways i.e., the Father and the Spirit …………………… and the Son. You may claim there are a lot of differences between the Jesus Only movement and Oneness Pentecostalism but to me they are one and the same. You have splitter groups from this movement who may believe some things a bit differently but ultimately its not much difference at all.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I always thought , you had more class then this answer. I guess I am wrong , and the name is Johnny Marrs.
My response was pretty polite, considering the attitude you were using there. And it only takes a moment to set up your own 'handle' so we know if we're talking to you or your wife. As JC said, get to the point of your question -
Fyi,'Trinity' doctrine, as 'three persons' would have been considered apostacy in most early Christian circles and the trinity theory was not developed for some time...hundreds of years.
The matter of the Divine nature of the Christ should be the main point of contending for the faith as once delivered.
Going off on debates over speaking in tongues or trying to bind things upon God that He never promised - or saying Paul knew more about the gospel taught by Jesus than Peter did - those are what I'd consider debates that shouldn't even pass our lips to support. Even John the immerser knew the words of the Lord are above all other words ever given to man...it is by His word we will each be judged.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

The main difference I have found between some oneness/Jesus only groups seems to be that God is spirit that fills the entire universe at all times. So then there is no problem having God in the flesh on earth, talking to the Father and Spirit and such.

But like Randy said, there are splinter groups with varying degrees of belief just like all others.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Since: Jun 11

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oneness Pentecostal / Jesus Only teach that there is only one God, but denies the trinity. In other words, oneness theology does not see three persons in the Godhead. As I said in another post, various forms of oneness theology exist. You should cut to the chase and just state plainly what all you believe.
Do you contend that Jesus Christ sometimes manifests Himself as the Father or the Holy Spirit? Answer this please.
The Oneness Pentecostal / Jesus Only people I know believe Jesus is the Father and Jesus is the Spirit. They believe Jesus is one God who reveals Himself in different ways i.e., the Father and the Spirit …………………… and the Son. You may claim there are a lot of differences between the Jesus Only movement and Oneness Pentecostalism but to me they are one and the same. You have splitter groups from this movement who may believe some things a bit differently but ultimately its not much difference at all.
The COC and other denominations , teach there is One God. Does this make them Jesus Only?

You bring up differences , in our theology and say we are all of the same belief. This is like saying , COC and Baptists , have the same theology.

As to Jesus manifests himself , again and again , I repeat. I have never said or posted Jesus was God. I have said Jesus was God walking , here in the flesh.

I have asked the question and still no answer , did the same Jesus come from Heaven, born of woman, died and the same Jesus go back to Heaven? It is not a hard question and not a trick question.

I have brought up , the point, the Holy Ghost was here before Jesus and filled three people , before Pentecost , but no answer.

A question , who was inside Jesus , doing the work ? Himself or God?

I have posted what I believe and labeled it , for all to see. You call me Jesus Only (which I am not), you call me Oneness Pentecostal (which I am not). I do not handle snakes, or drink deadly poison , which is the real Jesus Only teaching. Seems you're missing out, on somethings. some people who were in Oneness Pentecostal told you, or you have observed. Try looking up , the United Pentecostal Church , and read Jesus Only doctrines.

I have yet to see , you even post some of the extreme Oneness's theology. Do you need help Googling it ?

I have stated my beliefs and what I believe about the Holy Ghost , and all I get is ridiculed and when asked for respect for the Holy Ghost (not my beliefs), I am labeled a '' accuser of saying someone blasphemed the Holy Ghost.'' Blaspheming the Holy Ghost , is not accepting Jesus , and no one here , has studied what it truly means.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
My response was pretty polite, considering the attitude you were using there. And it only takes a moment to set up your own 'handle' so we know if we're talking to you or your wife. As JC said, get to the point of your question -
Fyi,'Trinity' doctrine, as 'three persons' would have been considered apostacy in most early Christian circles and the trinity theory was not developed for some time...hundreds of years.
The matter of the Divine nature of the Christ should be the main point of contending for the faith as once delivered.
Going off on debates over speaking in tongues or trying to bind things upon God that He never promised - or saying Paul knew more about the gospel taught by Jesus than Peter did - those are what I'd consider debates that shouldn't even pass our lips to support. Even John the immerser knew the words of the Lord are above all other words ever given to man...it is by His word we will each be judged.

The problem is this , Dave P., JC, you , Bobby , and others , use phrases and sentences , a normal Christian , would need a dictionary to understand.

Why do you and all others , on here , need to impress everyone , with excellence of speech.

I do not study or read the books , you all have read, except the Bible.

You use Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic words , and sentences, that I have to look up to understand. Why is the use of answering a question , of which I have no ideal of your point.

To the point of my question : many on here , have read right on by my point and reply with another question , and did not see the answer , because of the trees in the forest.

The point I am making is this , having excellence of speech and writing is good. But if someone , can not understand the question or answer , who profits from it.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The COC and other denominations , teach there is One God. Does this make them Jesus Only?
You bring up differences , in our theology and say we are all of the same belief. This is like saying , COC and Baptists , have the same theology.
As to Jesus manifests himself , again and again , I repeat. I have never said or posted Jesus was God. I have said Jesus was God walking , here in the flesh.
I have asked the question and still no answer , did the same Jesus come from Heaven, born of woman, died and the same Jesus go back to Heaven? It is not a hard question and not a trick question.
I have brought up , the point, the Holy Ghost was here before Jesus and filled three people , before Pentecost , but no answer.
A question , who was inside Jesus , doing the work ? Himself or God?
I have posted what I believe and labeled it , for all to see. You call me Jesus Only (which I am not), you call me Oneness Pentecostal (which I am not). I do not handle snakes, or drink deadly poison , which is the real Jesus Only teaching. Seems you're missing out, on somethings. some people who were in Oneness Pentecostal told you, or you have observed. Try looking up , the United Pentecostal Church , and read Jesus Only doctrines.
I have yet to see , you even post some of the extreme Oneness's theology. Do you need help Googling it ?
I have stated my beliefs and what I believe about the Holy Ghost , and all I get is ridiculed and when asked for respect for the Holy Ghost (not my beliefs), I am labeled a '' accuser of saying someone blasphemed the Holy Ghost.'' Blaspheming the Holy Ghost , is not accepting Jesus , and no one here , has studied what it truly means.
I do not have time to Google this and I hate reading on a smart phone so please cut to the chase and just lay out your entire belief symtem here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> ,
The problem is this , Dave P., JC, you , Bobby , and others , use phrases and sentences , a normal Christian , would need a dictionary to understand.
Why do you and all others , on here , need to impress everyone , with excellence of speech.
You use Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic words , and sentences, that I have to look up to understand. Why is the use of answering a question , of which I have no ideal of your point.
To the point of my question : many on here , have read right on by my point and reply with another question , and did not see the answer , because of the trees in the forest.
The point I am making is this , having excellence of speech and writing is good. But if someone , can not understand the question or answer , who profits from it.
Please show me where I have used such speech. I do good to see the small letters on my phone. I'm sorry you are taking things personally or something.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have time to Google this and I hate reading on a smart phone so please cut to the chase and just lay out your entire belief symtem here.
I have stated my beliefs and you read right over them.

I have stated my case for the Trinity , Holy Ghost and Baptism.

Do I believe n three , in the God Head ? NO.
Do I believe Jesus was God? NO. Jesus was God walking here , in the flesh , him being God , no. God took upon a human body , and walked among men , the Disciples , did not know , who he was.

Do I believe , the Holy Ghost , is God or Jesus? NO.
I believe , it is a manifestation of God. Read John 14

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

10.Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Jesus was the comforter , while he was here (Not the Holy Ghost).
No where in the Bible , does it teach to seek the Holy Ghost. It was only given , by two examples , it fell or hands were laid upon someone to receive it. No where , is an example of receiving the Holy Ghost , within water.

You have labeled me , as someone , who believes , without the Holy Ghost , they are lost , I am not that denomination.

Denominations , have written the Holy Ghost , out of their lives and Churches . If you have truly been in a Holiness church , and seen things, no other denominations believe in and observe.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Did you graduate from the William Shatner School of Typing?

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
Did you graduate from the William Shatner School of Typing?
Yep , I am also a man , works 10 to 12 hrs day , six days week. I come online to wind down ,and meet smart aleck remarks from another , supposedly Christian.

William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Lighten up, Francis. Don't get all persecuted and stuff. That's so Jehovah's Witness.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
Lighten up, Francis. Don't get all persecuted and stuff. That's so Jehovah's Witness.
You see Willie , to get under my skin , you need a knife , words are nothing to me.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Marrs has clearly stated his beliefs. Now, where do we all stand?

Jesus was not God, God took a body upon earth, Jesus was the comforter, There is no 3 in the Godhead, Holy Ghost is not God, Holy Ghost either falls or laying on of hands, not having the Holy Ghost does not mean lost. Hope I got those right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
Johnny Marrs has clearly stated his beliefs. Now, where do we all stand?
Jesus was not God, God took a body upon earth, Jesus was the comforter, There is no 3 in the Godhead, Holy Ghost is not God, Holy Ghost either falls or laying on of hands, not having the Holy Ghost does not mean lost. Hope I got those right.
WOW!!! I had to read that from Johnny a couple of times to make sure I read it right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Marrs said:

1. Do I believe in three in the God Head? NO.

2. Do I believe Jesus was God? NO.

3. Jesus was God walking here, in the flesh, him being God. NO.

4. God took upon a human body, and walked among men, the Disciples did not know, who he was.

5. Do I believe, the Holy Ghost, is God or Jesus? NO.

Re: Johnny, your positions are VERY off-base and almost Gnostic. If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying Jesus was “a” manifestation of God BUT not God. Jesus, according to you, was a mere “human body” that God inhabited BUT NOT GOD. Was Jesus born of a virgin? How does this play in your theology? Just curious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Not only did Johnny Marrs deny Jesus as God but denied the Holy Spirit as God- very troubling and damnable teachings, IMO. I see now why Marrs would never come straight forth with his beliefs. I’m very curious how he can defend such positions by the Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have stated my beliefs and you read right over them.
I have stated my case for the Trinity , Holy Ghost and Baptism.
Do I believe n three , in the God Head ? NO.
Do I believe Jesus was God? NO. Jesus was God walking here , in the flesh , him being God , no. God took upon a human body , and walked among men , the Disciples , did not know , who he was.
Do I believe , the Holy Ghost , is God or Jesus? NO.
I believe , it is a manifestation of God. Read John 14
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
10.Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Jesus was the comforter , while he was here (Not the Holy Ghost).
No where in the Bible , does it teach to seek the Holy Ghost. It was only given , by two examples , it fell or hands were laid upon someone to receive it. No where , is an example of receiving the Holy Ghost , within water.
You have labeled me , as someone , who believes , without the Holy Ghost , they are lost , I am not that denomination.
Denominations , have written the Holy Ghost , out of their lives and Churches . If you have truly been in a Holiness church , and seen things, no other denominations believe in and observe.
John 20:28-29, "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

Heb. 1:8, "But of the Son He says,'Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.'"

In John 8:58 Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Right after this the Jews picked up stones to throw at him. Why? Jesus used “I AM” which always refers to GOD and He claimed to be before Abraham.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> ,
Now you know how we see 'speaking in tongues'?;-)

I'm not one to use 'big words' brother. You don't have exposure to the 'big words' speakers! The Aramaic translation uses the original names, and if we're familiar with the passage in English, we should be able to determine what the name is. That isn't hard to do, and you should have a dictionary available to read any good book - especially the older ones, as they contain words not common in the common language today - even the KJV shows that, yet we take the time to open the dictionary instead of toss the book aside because it has words we're not familiar with.

Keep growing, as we all need to grow, and may we grow in grace and truth in Christ.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
Johnny Marrs said:
1. Do I believe in three in the God Head? NO.
2. Do I believe Jesus was God? NO.
3. Jesus was God walking here, in the flesh, him being God. NO.
4. God took upon a human body, and walked among men, the Disciples did not know, who he was.
5. Do I believe, the Holy Ghost, is God or Jesus? NO.
Re: Johnny, your positions are VERY off-base and almost Gnostic. If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying Jesus was “a” manifestation of God BUT not God. Jesus, according to you, was a mere “human body” that God inhabited BUT NOT GOD. Was Jesus born of a virgin? How does this play in your theology? Just curious.
Denial of the divinity of Master YWHW Y'shua has lead many to destructive heresies and denial of the true faith. I hope Mr. Marrs will open his mind and heart to the truth given by Jesus and all of the Holy Scriptures. We may not understand it, but we must accept it and do what we know to do that is true.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
Not only did Johnny Marrs deny Jesus as God but denied the Holy Spirit as God- very troubling and damnable teachings, IMO. I see now why Marrs would never come straight forth with his beliefs. I’m very curious how he can defend such positions by the Bible.
Again , accusing me of something , I have not done.

This is why I have never and will not post again my beliefs.

I laugh all the time, at theories and conjectures , I see on here.

I have asked more questions and got less answers , them anyone on here.

From SW , CREED, BW , Bobby, and everyone on here. Sometimes , like typing to myself.

Have I stated my whole case , no. But judgement , has come and I am a Gnostic , Jesus Only , Oneness, Pentecostal and someone who denied the Godhead.

Was Jesus , God walking in here in the flesh? Yes.

Was that outer man God? NO

Was that inner man God? Yes

Was the Holy Ghost , that cam back on Pentecost , God? No God manifesting himself , inside of us today.

One question , unanswered by anyone on here !!!

Was the outer man Jesus , from Heaven or of earth?

Since you accuse and call me something , I am not. It is hard to discuss three different subjects at once.

A challenge to you Creed , ask ONE QUESTION , about the Godhead/Trinity, and lets get it on. No judgements , no misunderstandings about nothing. No copying and pasting , just point-counter point. No straying from the subject .

Remember I AM NOT THE ONE , who has attacked and called your Trinity theology , heresy.

1st question

Was the outer man Jesus , from Heaven or of earth?

I will answer your answer , with a answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett