Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Is Jesus God? We all agree, I hope. But, is Jesus also the Father and the Holy Spirit. Is it Jesus ONLY or THREE in ONE? What Scriptural evidence is there to support JESUS ONLY? We all agree: the word TRINITY is not found is the Bible but does this means that we cannot find THREE in the Godhead? Johnny Marrs and others have made comments that lead me to believe that they believe Jesus is the GODHEAD and its Jesus ONLY. I'd like some proof provided by Scripture from Johnny Marrs on this. Jesus prays to the Father. He speaks of the Holy Spirit as another one. Although I do not see the word TRINITY in the Bible I do see THREE in ONE far as the Godhead goes.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

The Holy Spirit nor God the Father died on the cross, it was only in the form of man and that man being of God also who paid fully for sins.

Jesus name was used in the New Testament in every example that shows the authority, there are no examples of trinity baptism.

It is not the same because Jesus suffered and died. If it were then Jesus would have known when he was returning and he clearly did not. Thus there are differences in how the three interacted.

Otherwise Jesus would not have claimed to have spoken only what the Father had given him to speak, he would have just spoken.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Very interested to hear clear views from a oneness view on this. I am in the 3 is 1 Godhead category. All 3 present at the baptism of Jesus.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

"I am in the 3 is 1 Godhead category. All 3 present at the baptism of Jesus."

Count me in too.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Maybe I misunderstood Johnny Marrs on this ... if so he can correct me. It sure "seems" that he holds the Jesus ONLY position. If so, I am very interested in why he believes this.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
Is Jesus God? We all agree, I hope. But, is Jesus also the Father and the Holy Spirit. Is it Jesus ONLY or THREE in ONE? What Scriptural evidence is there to support JESUS ONLY? We all agree: the word TRINITY is not found is the Bible but does this means that we cannot find THREE in the Godhead? Johnny Marrs and others have made comments that lead me to believe that they believe Jesus is the GODHEAD and its Jesus ONLY. I'd like some proof provided by Scripture from Johnny Marrs on this. Jesus prays to the Father. He speaks of the Holy Spirit as another one. Although I do not see the word TRINITY in the Bible I do see THREE in ONE far as the Godhead goes.
The best evidence comes from both the Bible and the Zodiac.

Acts 2:38 in the original unaltered by Rome says the name is:

Master YHWY Y'shua - this identifies Him as the Most High God.

Then Revelation unmistakibly identifies Him as the Almighty and Eternal Father - not as the Head, but as His Arm.

I agree with the Netzarim on this, that there are not three Gods, but one God - but a more true representation we might imagine is a tree with three main branches growing from a central trunk... crude , but makes as much sense as I've heard to date.

The explicit nature of Christ was argued for centuries, and likely resulted in the Muslim faith by those tho denied His divinity. So we can see where not believing the truth can lead one.

The question is more about who believes Him enough to take His teachings seriously as He did.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

A number of the features of the "Desired One" show him to be both human and Divine. The symbolism and names of the stars involved leave no other conclusion - the God/Man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Don't know how I put snow in the reply above. These smart phones lol.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

:-) And I can do it with a regular keyboard!!! no smartphone needed!

God is bigger that we can actually comprehend, so there isn't anything wrong with not understanding everything, so long as we understand He only speaks truth and that He cannot lie. With that tool of truth, we can get a long ways.

Many argued over it for years, and one could hope there are things we should comprehend to discuss rather than what we cannot fully comprehend.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Since: Jun 11

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
First thing , to set the record straight , I am not Jesus Only.

I believe in the Father , and know who he is/was.
I believe in the Son , and know who he is/was.
I believe in the Holy Ghost, and I know the work the Holy Ghost does.

Do I believe in three , yes.
Do I believe in three distinct individual aspects of the Trinity , no.
Do I believe the Son, was God walking here in the flesh , yes.
Do I believe , the Holy Ghost, is/was another comforter , that was here before and after Jesus was born , yes. Do I believe that people received the Holy Ghost, filled people before Pentecost , yes.
Do I believe in baptism in the Trinity formula , I can not/would not baptize, someone this way. I baptize according to Acts 2:38.

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:10
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

John 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Jesus , praying to the Father , a question.

According to some's beliefs.
1. Was it the flesh praying, to the Father?
2. Was it , the man come from Heaven, praying ?
Since you are the Bible scholar and I failed English , you can dissect this.
William

Opelika, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Who raised Jesus Christ from the dead, and for what reason(s)?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Marrs, I am far from a Bible Scholar. In fact, I dropped out of High School in the 9th grade. The Son of God was born of a virgin and was fully God and fully man. My little brain can't understand that totally but its true.

Okay, you state you're not Jesus only but believe God the Father was/is Jesus?

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

JesusCreed wrote:
Johnny Marrs, I am far from a Bible Scholar. In fact, I dropped out of High School in the 9th grade. The Son of God was born of a virgin and was fully God and fully man. My little brain can't understand that totally but its true.
Okay, you state you're not Jesus only but believe God the Father was/is Jesus?
I've said and I quote again ,''Jesus was God , walking here in the flesh''. If you know the differences , between Jesus Only and Oneness doctrine , you understand what this means.

I asked of you this question (if I cn remember the same way I wrote it).

Did the man Jesus , born of woman, come down Heaven , and die and go back to Heaven.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
Who raised Jesus Christ from the dead, and for what reason(s)?
The better question is this.

What was Jesus?
William

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

The only begotten son of God. He died for our sins, and was resurrected by God for our justification, if we believe and trust the gospel of Jesus Christ.

He is my savior, that is who he is.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
The only begotten son of God. He died for our sins, and was resurrected by God for our justification, if we believe and trust the gospel of Jesus Christ.
He is my savior, that is who he is.
I totally agree with that , but Jesus was more then this. This is always , the same answer someone gives me, but Jesus was more then this.

A quick point , always look beyond the obvious answer.
William

Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Well, he is also coming back one fine day to stand on the mount of Olives.

Got some unfinished business to take care of.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
Well, he is also coming back one fine day to stand on the mount of Olives.
Got some unfinished business to take care of.
I agree , but who is coming?

1 Thessalonians 4:14
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Regina, we know who is coming... why not go speak it in tongues to someone? They might be impressed.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Barnsweb wrote:
Regina, we know who is coming... why not go speak it in tongues to someone? They might be impressed.
I always thought , you had more class then this answer. I guess I am wrong , and the name is Johnny Marrs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••