Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#104 Jul 5, 2013
Btw, bought the new car this morning, it was easier than I thought it would be but still took 3 hours.

Just so you will know I was once a car salesman and for a while was partners in a used car lot. Being a young christian, I had a difficult time with the reputation and decided that I needed something more respectable to do. No matter how much I tried to treat people right, that old car salesman reputation was still there.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#105 Jul 5, 2013
Bobby wrote:
Btw, bought the new car this morning, it was easier than I thought it would be but still took 3 hours.
Just so you will know I was once a car salesman and for a while was partners in a used car lot. Being a young christian, I had a difficult time with the reputation and decided that I needed something more respectable to do. No matter how much I tried to treat people right, that old car salesman reputation was still there.
Well researched data says

Rich educated white men pay the lowest price on new cars.

Poor uneducated black women pay the most for a new car.

I can see where it might be tough for a true Christian to be a car salesmen and make a decent living and keep his job. Their job is to get the highest price for a car.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#106 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Saturday or Sunday. The CC worships every day.
Then finally we are all in agreement. Most everyone here believes we are to worship God 24/7.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#107 Jul 5, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well researched data says
Rich educated white men pay the lowest price on new cars.
Poor uneducated black women pay the most for a new car.
I can see where it might be tough for a true Christian to be a car salesmen and make a decent living and keep his job. Their job is to get the highest price for a car.
That is true, but I bought this car for my younger sister.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#108 Jul 5, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Then finally we are all in agreement. Most everyone here believes we are to worship God 24/7.
The Catholic Church has been doing that for centuries. Maybe you should check out the Liturgy of the Hours, the Divine Office. I see you guys are complaining about having to get up on Sunday morning...try 3:00 AM everyday.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#109 Jul 5, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church has been doing that for centuries. Maybe you should check out the Liturgy of the Hours, the Divine Office. I see you guys are complaining about having to get up on Sunday morning...try 3:00 AM everyday.
We're not talking about having mass and sacrificing Jesus everyday.

*Appears the Liturgy of the hours is another item "borrowed" from Judaism; becomes a binding rule for certain deacons and others. Appears to be a religious duty or requirement, not necessarily from the abundance of the heart. Prayer isn't wrong; but binding certain repetitious prayers at the same times everyday appears to be Pharisaical.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#110 Jul 6, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about having mass and sacrificing Jesus everyday.
*Appears the Liturgy of the hours is another item "borrowed" from Judaism; becomes a binding rule for certain deacons and others. Appears to be a religious duty or requirement, not necessarily from the abundance of the heart. Prayer isn't wrong; but binding certain repetitious prayers at the same times everyday appears to be Pharisaical.
Never good enough for you low end jerks is it? By the way the fraud you have the nerve to call the Lord's Supper was borrowed directly from Judaism except no Jew would recognize Welchs, Triscuits, little cups and trays with holes in them.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#111 Jul 6, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Never good enough for you low end jerks is it? By the way the fraud you have the nerve to call the Lord's Supper was borrowed directly from Judaism except no Jew would recognize Welchs, Triscuits, little cups and trays with holes in them.
gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/comment...
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#112 Jul 6, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/comment...
Are you ever going to forsake all that you have and become a disciple of Christ?

Luke, Chapter 14, 33: So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#113 Jul 6, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ever going to forsake all that you have and become a disciple of Christ?
Luke, Chapter 14, 33: So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
rom 12:3
Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don't think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#114 Jul 6, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
rom 12:3
Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don't think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.
Did Jesus tell you that you were exempt from obeying this commandment of His...to become His disciple?

Dave P

Lexington, KY

#115 Jul 6, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The fraud I have the never to call the Lords Supper? Perhaps you should take up issue with Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:20. Where did the RCC get the nerve up to call it Mass or eucharist when the Bible calls it neither thing?

Your religion didn't borrow from Judaism. It simply moved the temple and the priesthood and set up shop in Rome.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#116 Jul 6, 2013
Prophet, shouldn't you forsake your phone or computer and go follow Him?
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#117 Jul 6, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Prophet, shouldn't you forsake your phone or computer and go follow Him?
I do not have a phone or computer. This computer is not mine.

I forsook all I had about 30 years ago.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#118 Jul 6, 2013
So you use somebody else's stuff to say you want people to burn when God said He desires all men be saved?

Are you wearing clothes? Are they yours or did you borrow them?
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#119 Jul 6, 2013
Matthew, Chapter 5, 37: But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Look at all the people who are disobeying this commandment.

Do you have one of those SIN phones?

Do you carry it around with you every where you go?

If so you are a prisoner and in bondage to the temptation of the devil.

The SIN phone is your GOD.

You are addicted to it.

You live for it.

You cannot live without it.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

#120 Jul 6, 2013
Dave P wrote:
So you use somebody else's stuff to say you want people to burn when God said He desires all men be saved?
Are you wearing clothes? Are they yours or did you borrow them?
You be sure and tell the angels these things as they cast you into the lake of fire.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#121 Jul 6, 2013
So you see no problem using a sin phone or a sin computer to spew your stuff here prophet?

What happened to your Spurs there San Antonio?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#122 Jul 6, 2013
www.scribd.com/doc/149384308 ...
www.scribd.com/doc/149235714 ...
For your Christian edification.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#123 Jul 6, 2013
Dave P wrote:
So you see no problem using a sin phone or a sin computer to spew your stuff here prophet?
What happened to your Spurs there San Antonio?
I think his porch light flickers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what are the differences between orthodoxy and ... 1 hr Mike_Peterson 40
Sola fide? 2 hr Mike_Peterson 60
The tent flopped (Jun '13) 3 hr Bobby 16
Are You Ready? 12 hr HEATH - 72 128
What Does Johnny Robertson Say 19 hr Olethros 4
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Fri Bobby 41
Catholics (Feb '14) Fri Bobby 1,006
•••
•••
•••