Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Left their fish gear and boats??? SS rides again. They left everything but the clothes on their back. He told them let somebody else bury their dead.
You know Jesus preached from Peters boat often. He still had it, but he was to become fishers of men.
The Church is often called the Barque Peter.
I think the fact that Jesus never married or any of the other Apostles and Paul highly recommended it was bigger reason for celibacy.
Unlike their prot counterparts parish priests work 24/7. Most people don't know Catholic Churches are a primary stop for folks needing resources for everything from food to gasoline. I knew a priest who kept an account at a local gas station just so those in need could go fill up. It would take a very special person to be married to a priest to be able to put up with the demands and interruptions from not only parishioners but the general public.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

William wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, there is nothing about dumping wives. To add that into what he told those particular men is nothing more than an opinion that isn't supported anywhere. It would fail a test in a court of secular law.
I agree. I don't Jesus would have picked him if his wife was still around. She must have died. She did not travel with Peter and Jesus. There is no mention of her in scripture or history.

They list many women traveling with them, but no wife of Peter.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The country is falling apart thanks to a Mormon and a Muslim and you're worried about Peter's wife or lack thereof?
Didnt Bill Clinton use this same argument?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 43 of43
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Bassett Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bassett People Search