Who gave the Ten Commandments to Moses

Created by Barnsweb on Aug 11, 2013

119 votes

Click on an option to vote

God

Angels

Peter

Paul

Adam

Abraham

John

Yeshua

Satan

other -

Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#203 Aug 27, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to those who dont say this?
The same thing that happens to you when you don't answer the preacher man when he asks you to give him an Amen, so he can wake up half the people during the 45 minute speech.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#204 Aug 27, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You want your own religion and you have it. Whatever Bobby wants Bobby gets.
Once again. What does the Bible say is the pillar of Truth.
It is not a "what" it is a "who"-that "who" is Jesus, not the church. Even your figure of speech reveals that you lift the church higher than Christ.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

#205 Aug 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a "what" it is a "who"-that "who" is Jesus, not the church. Even your figure of speech reveals that you lift the church higher than Christ.
Look in a CC and see who we lift up. Listen to every word of the Mass. It is all about Jesus, every sentence.

You lift up a Catholic book higher than Christ. Jesus said nothing about a book. The Bible is owned by the Church.

Now:

Did Jesus build a Church?

Is the Church the pillar and foundation of Truth?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#206 Aug 27, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing that happens to you when you don't answer the preacher man when he asks you to give him an Amen, so he can wake up half the people during the 45 minute speech.
If preachers ask for amens I dont give them. If I amen something that means I agree with the blessing and curse associated with that amen. Reference the bible account of Moses and the Law given.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#207 Aug 27, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Look in a CC and see who we lift up. Listen to every word of the Mass. It is all about Jesus, every sentence.
You lift up a Catholic book higher than Christ. Jesus said nothing about a book. The Bible is owned by the Church.
Now:
Did Jesus build a Church?
Is the Church the pillar and foundation of Truth?
I am sorry, I need to ask. What Bible are you talking about that the CC owns.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#208 Aug 27, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Look in a CC and see who we lift up. Listen to every word of the Mass. It is all about Jesus, every sentence.
You lift up a Catholic book higher than Christ. Jesus said nothing about a book. The Bible is owned by the Church.
Now:
Did Jesus build a Church?
Is the Church the pillar and foundation of Truth?
We-the church are mortal men, Jesus is the pillar of truth. He owns the church. That is why only he can forgive our sin-not the pope.

The book teaches us how to lift up Christ- he is to be worshiped, not the book, not the church, not Mary, not the pope. Christ alone is worthy of our praise and worship!
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#209 Aug 27, 2013
William wrote:
"Rather than worry about me, which is my responsibility, you might well consider whether YOU are. I'm neither rich, nor young, and when young, was neither rich nor of any authority. As such, I can see what He told the young man, as you can.
I take the words simply as upright and true that keeping the commandments of God has everything to do with whether we will inherit eternal life or not."
You are no more "keeping the commandments of God" than that rich young man did nor any other person who thought that the law made themselves righteous in the sight of God. The whole point of the law was to show that no one can be righteous by keeping it. Name someone who did manage to do it outside of Jesus Christ.
No one, that's who.
And it's not going to be you either.
Scriptures note a few who walked 'blamelessly', so that must be the best we are capable of. I'd say 'blamelessly' is a high standard that Paul certainly didn't achieve, so he put down every one else better at doing what God said than he was capable of. Just like a low-life - to accuse everyone as being worse than himself to excuse himself from doing the right thing.

No, what God said we are to do is not hard to do if you want to, and with the aid of the Spirit it's a lot easier. But then Paul and his followers wouldn't know anything about the true Holy Spirit that Jesus gave to help His own keep the will of God as prophesied by Ezekiel and Jeremiah and Isaiah. You Paulinests really have a sad life - but a worse future ahead of you in eternity.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#210 Aug 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Paul spent his life devoted to teaching this commandment. It is the substance and foundation of the doctrine of grace. Paul did not make it up!
Really?:-) IS that what Paul said in Galatians?:-) You really do delude yourself quite handily! The foundation of the gospel of Paul is that all things are lawful, not all things are expedient, that we now have liberty to do anything since the Groom died on the cross, thereby divorcing any need to obey Gods' commanmdents/laws/Torah. The commandments of God were replaced - even the need to do what Jesus said is replaced - with doing what PAUL said to do.

No doubt in my mind he's right next to the rich man and looking over the gulf at father Abraham and wishing he'd listened to Peter, John, and James when he visited Jerusalem the first time.

All Asia rejected Paul, and so should we. Thanks for pointing that out to us in 2 Tim, Paul!:-)

The early church rejected Marcion, and so should we.
Mike Peterson

United States

#211 Aug 27, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
We-the church are mortal men, Jesus is the pillar of truth. He owns the church. That is why only he can forgive our sin-not the pope.
The book teaches us how to lift up Christ- he is to be worshiped, not the book, not the church, not Mary, not the pope. Christ alone is worthy of our praise and worship!
Every translation I have ever read said the Church is the pillar of truth.

You lie a lot don't you? It is in your Bible too.

What do Protestants know about worship? 2-3 songs, opening prayer by one person, 40 minutes of some preacher person talking about how you shouldn't drink beer and a closing prayer by one person. A person can go to a Protestant church, sit in the same pew for 30 years and never say a word or do anything.

Where is the worship?

I know. In the CC and partly in some high end Protestant Churches.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#212 Aug 27, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?:-) IS that what Paul said in Galatians?:-) You really do delude yourself quite handily! The foundation of the gospel of Paul is that all things are lawful, not all things are expedient, that we now have liberty to do anything since the Groom died on the cross, thereby divorcing any need to obey Gods' commanmdents/laws/Torah. The commandments of God were replaced - even the need to do what Jesus said is replaced - with doing what PAUL said to do.
No doubt in my mind he's right next to the rich man and looking over the gulf at father Abraham and wishing he'd listened to Peter, John, and James when he visited Jerusalem the first time.
All Asia rejected Paul, and so should we. Thanks for pointing that out to us in 2 Tim, Paul!:-)
The early church rejected Marcion, and so should we.
Well, at least you have now come clean and admitted that you are completely denying the apostle Paul. All of my past accusations about your intentions have become clear. You realize that you have now alienated yourself from almost everyone on these threads. You have lost almost all credibility with me. Yes, I realize that you don't care. Maybe you should report to your "hebrew roots" friends and tell that that you need a new assignment.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#213 Aug 28, 2013
What matters to me is my friendship with the Lord, not those who refuse to hear or believe Him.

Paul didn't hear Him and taught those who were His to not do what He commanded and told them to believe. Case closed. The gospel according to Paul is not the gospel according to Jesus, Moses, Peter, James or John or any of the twelve.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#214 Aug 28, 2013
Another side note you can check to see what I mean. Note in Galatians where Paul is saying Abraham received the covenant by faith. There are three accounts relating to the matter in Genesis. The one Paul quotes is not the one that established the covenant. The previous one God said Abraham had to do what God said. The last one said because Abraham did do what God told him to do met the condition for God to make the covenant to Abraham. Then Paul tries to teach obedience is not part of the covenant because that would make it of works and not of faith. As James says, faith without works is dead. James spoke truly, not Paul. Paul didn't even get his reference right - purposely is my suspicision, as he was no ignorant man. A devouring wolf, yes, but stupid, no - he merely wad adept at confusing people away from doing what Jesus said was necessary.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#215 Aug 28, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Another side note you can check to see what I mean. Note in Galatians where Paul is saying Abraham received the covenant by faith. There are three accounts relating to the matter in Genesis. The one Paul quotes is not the one that established the covenant. The previous one God said Abraham had to do what God said. The last one said because Abraham did do what God told him to do met the condition for God to make the covenant to Abraham. Then Paul tries to teach obedience is not part of the covenant because that would make it of works and not of faith. As James says, faith without works is dead. James spoke truly, not Paul. Paul didn't even get his reference right - purposely is my suspicision, as he was no ignorant man. A devouring wolf, yes, but stupid, no - he merely wad adept at confusing people away from doing what Jesus said was necessary.
Abraham was born and raised in a family of idol worshipers, so I am quite sure he had a lot of sin accounted to him. How did he become righteous. Hint-it was not by his past obedience. The way I read your theology, you seem to be saying that because Abraham obeyed in a few things, his past sin was forgiven.

Paul said: What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say?“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

I know that you hate Paul but he did not make this up, he pointed to the OT scripture. Thus Abraham's righteousness was not a result of his obedience but rather his obedience was a result of his new found faith!
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#216 Aug 28, 2013
BW is in blasphemy of the Holy Spirit territory.
MCOC

Martinsville, VA

#217 Aug 28, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Another side note you can check to see what I mean. Note in Galatians where Paul is saying Abraham received the covenant by faith. There are three accounts relating to the matter in Genesis. The one Paul quotes is not the one that established the covenant. The previous one God said Abraham had to do what God said. The last one said because Abraham did do what God told him to do met the condition for God to make the covenant to Abraham. Then Paul tries to teach obedience is not part of the covenant because that would make it of works and not of faith. As James says, faith without works is dead. James spoke truly, not Paul. Paul didn't even get his reference right - purposely is my suspicision, as he was no ignorant man. A devouring wolf, yes, but stupid, no - he merely wad adept at confusing people away from doing what Jesus said was necessary.
Web is so close to Judaism.
Bobby x-man now the Bible Church
Mark and Mike tag team Catholics
Jesus creed the sinner saint who dont know what to believe
KillJoe the new ager
Dave P the coc preacher liberated
Just Christian elder from down south

FDG

“Have facts, will travel!”

Since: Feb 08

The Big Town!

#218 Aug 28, 2013
No one did. It literally never happened.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#219 Aug 28, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham was born and raised in a family of idol worshipers, so I am quite sure he had a lot of sin accounted to him. How did he become righteous. Hint-it was not by his past obedience. The way I read your theology, you seem to be saying that because Abraham obeyed in a few things, his past sin was forgiven.
Paul said: What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say?“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”
I know that you hate Paul but he did not make this up, he pointed to the OT scripture. Thus Abraham's righteousness was not a result of his obedience but rather his obedience was a result of his new found faith!
This is one of the verses where the Greek translation erred. In the Hebrew is was saying Gods' promise to him was just and right - the promise was a righteous response, or something akin to that, not that the faith of Abraham made him righteous before God. God had already said Abraham needed to walk blamelessly before Him in doing all He said. That's sort of backwards from what we have been given in the Greek translation, but I'm sure Mr. Tribe of Benjamin knew his Hebrew.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#220 Aug 28, 2013
Dave P wrote:
BW is in blasphemy of the Holy Spirit territory.
No, Paul is, as well as Paulineists.

When God promised the Holy Spirit, it was to write Torah on the hearts of the Jews that they would be drawn to carefully obey what God said from their hearts.(Ez. 36:26,27; Jer. 31:31) Thus by the prophecy and word of God from the Holy Prophets, the Holy Spirit is sent to write the will of God on our hearts.

Paul said the very thing the Spirit was to write on our hearts was done away with! Jesus didn't. Walking by the Spirit, according to God, is to allow Him to write His words on our hearts to be careful to do whatever He said, and to reject this is to reject the Spirit and work the Spirit was sent to do... at least part of it. Jesus also said a few additional things the Spirit would do regarding judgment and such.
killedjoe

Lindenhurst, NY

#221 Aug 28, 2013
MCOC wrote:
<quoted text>
Web is so close to Judaism.
Bobby x-man now the Bible Church
Mark and Mike tag team Catholics
Jesus creed the sinner saint who dont know what to believe
KillJoe the new ager
Dave P the coc preacher liberated
Just Christian elder from down south
It real name is Coptic. It was the dominate Jewish-Christian belief, until the CC came about.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#222 Aug 28, 2013
Regarding 'cannon', the Jerusalem Church, about 64 AD said that Matthew is the cannon. This was the original position of the Apostles of Jesus Christ that are affirmed - the twelve, not the thirteenth.

This was the orthodox position for at least 200 years. One of the earliest defenders of the faith against the false gospel of Marcion (which is strangely similar to modern Evangelicals) was Tertullian (207 AD), who was explicit to say anything from Paul or one of Pauls' disciples (Luke) was inferior and never to be at odds with anything Jesus taught in Matthew. One such issue is about 'hating' parents in Luke's account, VS the Matthew account Jesus said not to 'love them more' than Him - that He comes first, even above immediate family should a conflict or loyalty issue to Him arise.

Another statement on who to hear - the 'Scripture' is from the first half of the second century by Hegessipus, who said cannon was only "the Law, the Prophts, and the Lord", to this alone "a right faith must conform."

Just as related by Paul in II Tim, all in Asia abandoned him - because they determined he did not speak the truth as taught by Jesus or the Twelve and taught (just as also noted our NT record) against the law, the temple and the Jewish race.

Whoever foisted 'Bible, Bible, I've got a King James Bible' had no grasp of the true gospel proclaimed by the very Son of God.

As I've said before, if we took Paul out of the picture and went by the teachings of Jesus Christ I doubt there could be 15,000 different Churches. But as it is, it's too late for Church of Christ, Evangelicals, Mormons, or Catholics to repent of believing Paul over what God has declared from the beginning. Who believes God anymore if what Paul taught is easier? Truth is all but dead in the Churches - they preach Paul, not Jesus Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 2 hr Bobby 1,700
gay marriage in martinsville va Wed Bobby 42
0527061598.Dubai Massage Services, Body to Body... Tue sexy girls 3
Have Johnny Robertson and his COC been defeated? (Jan '13) Oct 12 Funny 333
Johnny Robertson (Oct '12) Oct 2 Ernie 124
How can i get a copy of my background check? (Nov '13) Sep 29 Louis Hawkins 3
Indictments issued Sep 26 shannonsmith 1
Bassett Dating
Find my Match

Bassett Jobs

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]