Churches of CHRIST

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#23 Mar 1, 2010
Oh how they scatter and the tread in desperation. lol

Since: Oct 08

Danville, VA

#24 Mar 2, 2010
Heath we both know your games with the signage are part of the Biblical scare tactics you use to recruit from other bodies. The church (the people) belong to Jesus Christ.

It's not a sign, it's a statement of who has ownership over the body.

No church signs were using in the making of Acts!

Location hidden

#25 Mar 5, 2010
The apostles were small in number. They often argued amount themselves over who would be greatest. One betrayed Christ with a kiss and committed suicide. Another denied Christ and later was rebuked for being a hypocrite (Peter).

Does their shortcomings and sins mean we should reject their teaching in the N.T.???

Of course not.

In like manner faults among churches of Christ do not change the fact that they are the true body of Christ.

Col. 1:18
Rom. 1:16

www.roysecitycoc.org
lee

Danville, VA

#26 Mar 5, 2010
you aint no apostle.......
lee

Danville, VA

#27 Mar 5, 2010
pardon my duble negatv

Location hidden

#28 Mar 5, 2010
lee wrote:
you aint no apostle.......
1 Cor 11:1
Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

The APOSTLE Paul.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Church of Christ

Axton, VA

#29 Mar 5, 2010
I have decided to drop from this discussion and from topix, I am moving on to other things.

Jeffery Sproul jr.

Location hidden

#30 Mar 5, 2010
Church of Christ wrote:
I have decided to drop from this discussion and from topix, I am moving on to other things.
Jeffery Sproul jr.
I don't blame you for running.

Hyper-libs are a cowardly sort.

www.roysecitycoc.org
Church of Christ

Axton, VA

#31 Mar 5, 2010
Sir, you have been most inactive here, ignoring most of the threads and only dropping in for an occasional comment, which often is derogatory. I am washing my hands and moving on.
bobby

Irving, TX

#32 Mar 5, 2010
Church of Christ wrote:
Sir, you have been most inactive here, ignoring most of the threads and only dropping in for an occasional comment, which often is derogatory. I am washing my hands and moving on.
I wish you would stay, you have some wonderful insight, I will miss you if you leave.
Randy

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Mar 5, 2010
I see his blog hasnt got anywhere, wonder why?

Location hidden

#34 Mar 6, 2010
Church of Christ wrote:
You'll be back. This post is proof.

I'll miss him too, bobby.

(a tear gently runs down my cheek)*sniff*

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#36 Jun 19, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
The apostles were small in number. They often argued amount themselves over who would be greatest. One betrayed Christ with a kiss and committed suicide. Another denied Christ and later was rebuked for being a hypocrite (Peter).
Does their shortcomings and sins mean we should reject their teaching in the N.T.???
Of course not.
In like manner faults among churches of Christ do not change the fact that they are the true body of Christ.
Col. 1:18
Rom. 1:16
www.roysecitycoc.org
Funny you admit this but will not extend that same grace towards others who profess Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#37 Jun 19, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you admit this but will not extend that same grace towards others who profess Jesus Christ.
Profess, but don't follow.

Matthew 7:21-23

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#38 Jun 19, 2013
My point [which you missed intentionally] is that you allow short comings, misunderstandings, disagreements, etc., within the church of Christ BUT you do not extend that same grace to others whom you deem NOT SAVED because they didn’t follow YOUR pattern which you just admitted consist of people who fall short. Sorry, but that’s a contradiction. If YOU and those in the church of Christ can have short comings, sin, disagreements, etc., you just opened the door for others.

fOcUs

;-)

Location hidden

#39 Jun 19, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
My point [which you missed intentionally] is that you allow short comings, misunderstandings, disagreements, etc., within the church of Christ BUT you do not extend that same grace to others whom you deem NOT SAVED because they didn’t follow YOUR pattern which you just admitted consist of people who fall short. Sorry, but that’s a contradiction. If YOU and those in the church of Christ can have short comings, sin, disagreements, etc., you just opened the door for others.

fOcUs

;-)
And what denomination are you in?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#40 Jun 19, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind always asks that question when you can't answer for yourself.

It's why nobody takes you and Johnny's Church of Christ seriously.

Stop being an immature man-child pouting and whining that nobody will come to your tent. Man up Heath.

Location hidden

#41 Jun 19, 2013
Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>Your kind always asks that question when you can't answer for yourself.

Stop being an immature man-child pouting and whining that nobody will come to your tent. Man up Heath.

Location hidden

#42 Jun 19, 2013
Olethros wrote:
<quoted text>Your kind always asks that question when you can't answer for yourself.

C'mon now. ;)

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#43 Jun 19, 2013
I don't have a denomination. I'm in the Lord's church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) Jul 22 William 3,351
i gotta doo doo!!! Jul 1 Captain peckerlips 1
I like to get on some buttseckz.. I aint gay.. ... Jun '16 Captain peckerlips 1
Who got da biggest pecker in all uh Furrum? Jun '16 Captain peckerlips 1
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Jun '16 Kevo8263 32
Sarah Smith nude ! (Jul '12) Jun '16 sarasmith 2
The Bible teaches that the Earth will never end (Apr '15) May '16 Anonymous 38

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance