Letís look at Paul

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41 Sep 11, 2013
Answering Catholics wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Try pulling from your Catholic infestation for a while. You care to explain "mothers sons" as addressed in Psalms. I'm not interested in your Catholic dogma and so called Catholic history.
This mediocre creep changes his name and cult more often than he changes his underwear. How dare he ask for an explanation for anything!
ROMAN Catholic Sproul

Manassas, VA

#42 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I once again invite you to name one person from AD 100 to AD 1700 that believes like you.

That verse means this.
No it doesnt
Yes it does.
You are not of the Lord
Yes I am .
Mike will ask or make these statements hundreds of times. Rarely does he post anything relating to the discussion, very rarely. Another favorite question of his is about your sex life with your pastor. Just tell him you are not Catholic.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#43 Sep 11, 2013
I once again ask you to address the passage you keep dodging. You CATs love to chase rabbits.
ROMAN Catholic Sproul

Manassas, VA

#44 Sep 11, 2013
I once again ask you to address the passage you keep dodging. You CATs love to chase rabbits.
Mark thinks we are the same poster. You do see what a warped set of minds we are dealing with when we try to carry on a discussion with Catholics.

Location hidden

#45 Sep 11, 2013
I see they like to hunt rabbit. You notice the other CAT totally dodged the Scriptural point about Mary. This is typical of them.
ROMAN Catholic Sproul

Manassas, VA

#46 Sep 11, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
This mediocre creep changes his name and cult more often than he changes his underwear. How dare he ask for an explanation for anything!
When this new poster came on the scene I laid low for a couple of days knowing you would make the mistake you did, assuming that I was him. Lol, I enjoy this so much I brought junior along to help. I hope that doesn't confuse you,lol.hahahahahaha
Anonymous Proxy

Manassas, VA

#47 Sep 11, 2013
Hello Mark, hows that hope and change working for ya?
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#48 Sep 11, 2013
I see they like to hunt rabbit. You notice the other CAT totally dodged the Scriptural point about Mary. This is typical of them.
Wow a low end point making a scriptural point. Means absolutely zero. Pure ignorance..
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#49 Sep 11, 2013
William wrote:
"Certainly to give His own life blood as the focus of the covenant - that we remember what He has done in that regard. I don't think any Christian can deny that. This was the culmination of His work on earth - but this is not all He came to do."
So essentially, God allowed his only begotten son to suffer, bleed, and die so that everyone, not just Hebrews that believed that Christ was indeed the Jewish messiah, can now have the privilege of obeying the Torah and becoming righteous in God's sight?
Is that what you are saying? Because that is what it sounds like you are saying.
Everything He taught was based from the Torah, Prophets and Psalms. He magnified these and gave more, so no, I see no particular benefit to return to solely study of Torah when His teachings are even better, and in total accord with the previous. Have you ever studied the teachings of Jesus? He didn't say 'I died on the cross so you no longer have to sacrifice animals', He came to show us and teach us what we were created to be and become.

There is more to John than 3:16.

onediscipletoanother.org

Jesus testified of the truth we are to repent to do. John agreed with Him, as did Peter and Matthew and the other Apostles.

Only Paul didn't agree that faith without works is dead, and that continual faithfulness till death is required by Jesus. To teach someone not to keep any commandment of God or Jesus Christ is very dangerous - let alone teaching so much that is against what God said.

"Hear Him"
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#50 Sep 11, 2013
(7:24-27):

"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

John 15:9-15; "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing, but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

Revelation 22:14; "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city."

John 14:23,24; "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words, and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me."

Jesus gave hundreds of teachings, and each has important lessons in our discipleship to Him. We are not to be hearers only, but doers of His word. Surely Jesus came to manifest the righteousness, grace, mercy, promises, will and truth of God that leads to eternal life.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#51 Sep 11, 2013
"He who does not love Me does not keep My words, and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me."

Which words of Jesus was Paul keeping to teach against Israel, the Temple, the Law and the covenant God made with Abraham?

Paul was long ago judged when he died. Do you want to follow Paul instead of the truth Jesus taught?

Location hidden

#52 Sep 12, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?

Location hidden

#53 Sep 12, 2013
You are not in a position to ask anything. Now changing your Sola Scriptura logo to Sola Feces.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#54 Sep 12, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah will he triple dog dares you to answer the question.:) Might want to get your pope to answer it.

Location hidden

#55 Sep 12, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah will he triple dog dares you to answer the question.:) Might want to get your pope to answer it.
We're all still waiting for you to deny the 100% Baptist roots of the CofC yet again.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#56 Sep 12, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
We're all still waiting for you to deny the 100% Baptist roots of the CofC yet again.
Why would I deny that when the bible clearly shows that we dont do what the baptist do.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#57 Sep 12, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty Mark, you're about the rudest person I've ever seen in a discussion about Christianity. I'd expect rude comments from an avowed atheist - perhaps even a Pentecostal - and it tells me what's in your heart, as it spills out your 'mouth' in what you say here.

IF you were aware of the restorationalist history, you'd not only be bringing in Baptists, but other Protestant Churches as well. Since there was more than one camp in the formation of the CoC at the roots to about 1750, and you know its doctrines have changed through the decades by influence from other denominations - why not address the whole picture instead of trying to sound intelligent - we don't grasp you know what you're talking about from the recent posts I've seen here.

For starters - try some civility and actual thoughts and reasons to back up what you think without resorting to inflamitory comments.

Location hidden

#58 Sep 12, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty Mark, you're about the rudest person I've ever seen in a discussion about Christianity. I'd expect rude comments from an avowed atheist - perhaps even a Pentecostal - and it tells me what's in your heart, as it spills out your 'mouth' in what you say here.
IF you were aware of the restorationalist history, you'd not only be bringing in Baptists, but other Protestant Churches as well. Since there was more than one camp in the formation of the CoC at the roots to about 1750, and you know its doctrines have changed through the decades by influence from other denominations - why not address the whole picture instead of trying to sound intelligent - we don't grasp you know what you're talking about from the recent posts I've seen here.
For starters - try some civility and actual thoughts and reasons to back up what you think without resorting to inflamitory comments.
Good thoughts there sir.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#59 Sep 13, 2013
Thanks. It's all too common that people chide and disrespect others to maintain their own ego.

What we're discussing here should have little to do with our own ego - unless our faith is totally about ourselves and our own ego that we have to maintain at any cost or reason. Such behavior should be limited to 'mob' mentality, not a mind that is trained in the school of Jesus Christ or the Holy Bible.
Barnsweb

Louisville, OH

#60 Sep 13, 2013
And what is 'ego' but pride at its root? And we've all heard a few warning verses about pride;-) It's something we all struggle with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) Aug 25 Barnsweb 2,918
'Bible Study' Group Aug 24 Mike_Peterson 23
Church of Christ rules and principles (Apr '13) Aug 17 Barnsweb 305
Johnny Robertsonís church of Christ (Feb '13) Aug 13 Barnsweb 161
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Aug 9 Walkinginlove 24
Poll Do you pray? Jul 31 Barnsweb 2
Yamato closing to make way for new PIT STOP str... Jul '15 Godlovesyou 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages