William

Birmingham, AL

#222 Jan 28, 2014
“For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy”(Leviticus 11:45 KJV).

When JEHOVAH God first proposed the Mosaic Covenant, Israel declared,“All that the LORD hath spoken we will do”(Exodus 19:8). After that Covenant of Law was delivered and before it was ratified, Israel again affirmed,“All the words which the LORD hath said will we do,” and “All the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient”(Exodus 24:3,7). After the 40-year wilderness wanderings (due to Israel’s disobedience), the new generation of Israelites echoed,“And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us”(Deuteronomy 6:25).

The Israelites, like any descendants of Adam (sinners), wrongly believed they could actually do everything that God commanded them, that they could actually be separate from the pagan Gentiles around them. They believed they could be righteous—that they could have a right standing before God—by keeping hundreds upon hundreds of divine laws. Even today, millions of souls in “Christian” churches and groups have “revived” this legalistic system—a system that God has already deemed a failure because man is naturally unrighteous. Religion (even the Mosaic Law) merely reforms the outward activity (behavior), not the inward nature (the root of the behavior). Man’s nature must change if he is to keep God’s laws.

As the centuries passed, Israel’s corrupt religious leaders polluted God’s pure Law system first given through Moses, by inserting their (manmade) rules and regulations. Eventually, it did not involve honoring JEHOVAH and having faith in Him (His original intention): it became a monotonous system of religious busyness that made people appear godly (and yet, God was not in their hearts). This was the vain system that Jesus condemned in His day (Matthew 23:1-36, Mark 7:1-23, et cetera). Israel used the Law, not as a means for proving God’s righteousness, but for demonstrating their own vain self-righteousness (the Pharisees, for example).
William

Birmingham, AL

#223 Jan 28, 2014
Those people couldn't manage to become righteous by their works, and neither will you.

And you will stay awake at night worrying about it until the day you die, only to find out the hard way what everyone else who tried to become justified by their works learned.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#224 Jan 28, 2014
William wrote:
Those people couldn't manage to become righteous by their works, and neither will you.
And you will stay awake at night worrying about it until the day you die, only to find out the hard way what everyone else who tried to become justified by their works learned.
Do you do works? If not, your faith is dead. You will be one of the goats.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

#225 Jan 28, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
At the first Universal (Catholic) Church Council.
So you suggest that part of scripture was altered, what codex do we need to review to see your proof?
William

Birmingham, AL

#226 Jan 30, 2014
Mike Peterson wrote:
Do you do works? If not, your faith is dead. You will be one of the goats.
Since no flesh shall glory in God's presence, our works will be the words that came out of our mouth reflecting the doctrine that we have believed. All of your works related to that synagogue of yours will be as filthy rags. Taking up a collection plate, parking cars, ushering people around, etc., etc., etc. won't be worth a plug nickel when the time comes.

Are you studying to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth? Better get ready for that Final Exam. There won't be any extra credit or do-overs.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#227 Jan 30, 2014
William wrote:
<quoted text>
Since no flesh shall glory in God's presence, our works will be the words that came out of our mouth reflecting the doctrine that we have believed. All of your works related to that synagogue of yours will be as filthy rags. Taking up a collection plate, parking cars, ushering people around, etc., etc., etc. won't be worth a plug nickel when the time comes.
Are you studying to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth? Better get ready for that Final Exam. There won't be any extra credit or do-overs.
Do you think what you are mentioned are works? That is asinine.

In the story about Judgment Day,(Matthew 25:31-46) where Jesus separates the sheep from the goats, the only questions that Jesus asks the multitude concern works:

1. Did you feed the hungry?
2. Did you clothe the naked?
3. Did you give a drink to the thirsty, etc.

If they answered “no” to these works in Matthew 25, then Jesus said that they were going to hell. Nowhere does Jesus ask, "Did you accept me as your personal Lord and Savior?" So, you can infer from all of this that just confessing with your lips that Jesus is your personal Lord and Savior is NOT ENOUGH (deathbed conversions are a different standard), although it is a great start on your salvation journey!! The Book of James, in the Bible, says that your faith must be justified by works (James 2:24), which is much different from what Paul says in Galatians 2:16 about "We may be justified by the faith of Christ and not by the works of the law (In the former, James refers to faith being justified by works; In the latter, Paul says that we are justified by faith. So, once you have the faith and are justified by it, then your faith in turn must then be justified by works)."

I believe the whole Bible. After all it is a Catholic booki
William

Anniston, AL

#228 Jan 30, 2014
That's the judgment of the nations. The nations that supported, or rejected, believing Israel during the tribulation, not the salvation of the individual during this dispensation of grace.

No works, lest any should boast. And you, Mike, desperately want to boast about your works. You want God to owe you salvation because you took up a collection plate.

Not going to happen.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#229 Feb 18, 2014
William wrote:
That's the judgment of the nations. The nations that supported, or rejected, believing Israel during the tribulation, not the salvation of the individual during this dispensation of grace.
No works, lest any should boast. And you, Mike, desperately want to boast about your works. You want God to owe you salvation because you took up a collection plate.
Not going to happen.
If Paul told the truth, then why did Jesus say several decades later in Revelation what He first taught before the resurrection - that belief/faith/works/love are still a package deal to be saved - to enter the heavenly City?

For that matter, why did He also say works are required to go to hell?

Heaven or hell is based on works. Judgment is by works.

Did Jesus lie in Revelation? Whether you realize it or not, all the nonsense teachings of Paul on the matter to disregard works from faith is damnable heresy that puts the lies of Paul over the truth from God and shows people who believe such things reject the one book that blesses those who hear and keep His word contained therein.

If I were you, I'd be making sure someone hasn't taught you the gospel of demons, rather than the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

onediscipletoanother.org
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#230 Feb 18, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
In the story about Judgment Day,(Matthew 25:31-46) where Jesus separates the sheep from the goats, the only questions that Jesus asks the multitude concern works:
If they answered “no” to these works in Matthew 25, then Jesus said that they were going to hell. Nowhere does Jesus ask, "Did you accept me as your personal Lord and Savior?" So, you can infer from all of this that just confessing with your lips that Jesus is your personal Lord and Savior is NOT ENOUGH (deathbed conversions are a different standard), although it is a great start on your salvation journey!! The Book of James, in the Bible, says that your faith must be justified by works (James 2:24), which is much different from what Paul says in Galatians 2:16 about "We may be justified by the faith of Christ and not by the works of the law (In the former, James refers to faith being justified by works; In the latter, Paul says that we are justified by faith. So, once you have the faith and are justified by it, then your faith in turn must then be justified by works)."
Really - you're still promoting this lie? It's also a Pentecostal book, Baptist book, Nazarine book,... the book of many thousands of Churches. Even LDS claim the Bible as Scripture.

Who accepted what/when?

Paul was rejected as Scripture by the Jerusalem Church in 67 AD - they only accepted the Hebrew book of Matthew.

Babylon - they had Paul's books and all 27 books as they were received by the authors - but Paul's books were not considered Scripture - but 'writings'- and some rejected them totally.

Only the Roman Church declared Paul to be Scripture and equal to Matthew? Catholics still don't realize the lies of Paul - the false gospel of Paul - to this very day!!!! So much for any papal knowledge.
William

Birmingham, AL

#231 Feb 18, 2014
"For that matter, why did He also say works are required to go to hell?

Heaven or hell is based on works. Judgment is by works."

He told a rich young man what he must do to have eternal life. If you are going to advocate works, you should start here. These are "Jesus Words Only".

Mark 10:17-22

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#234 Feb 19, 2014
Wonder where my post went?

Anyway, Matthew has the Spirit inspired record of the event. Mark was not an apostle.

We'd best formulate doctrine and truth from the apostles accounts when we have other accounts that say differently.

Matthew's account is a bit different - significantly different.

Added in the AENT is the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself, and the man saying he had kept them from his youth.

Perfection included not only selling all he had and giving it to the poor, but to also follow Him. He was invited to the inner circle. The latter comments of the Lord were spoken about the rich in general, and also shows it was given as a rope passing through the eye of a needle...

Jesus didn't tell the young man he lacked anything to inherit eternal life. That is for those who believe God and keep His commandments.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#235 Feb 19, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
All jesting aside, this was a good reply about what Jesus taught VS what some say Paul's gospel says.
Mike Peterson

United States

#236 Feb 19, 2014
William wrote:
"
20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
So you are homeless and must be using the computer at the library where you get all these asinine books you read?
William

Sylacauga, AL

#237 Feb 19, 2014
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are homeless and must be using the computer at the library where you get all these asinine books you read?
You haven't sold out everything you own either? The believing Jews there at Pentecost sold out everything they possess and had all things common. They lived together as a single entity. No driving back and forth from home to the parish church for Sunday morning calasthentics and a magic show with wine and crackers.

There isn't a Catholic or Church of Christ or Baptist or Lutheran church anywhere in the United States today who's congregation has sold out their possessions and goods and parted them to those that have need, just like the church at Jerusalem did.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#238 Feb 20, 2014
So you think everyone sold everything they had a mutual hand-out society? Note they sold a field and held back while pretending -thus lying to the Holy Spirit.
What do you have against what Mike posted in #227?
Jesus never taught faith or salvation or belief apart from works.
Only Paul taught this heresy.
What odds do you expect that Paul will be able to stay the right hand of God towards those who don't believe AND obey the Son?
William

Atlanta, GA

#239 Feb 20, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
So you think everyone sold everything they had a mutual hand-out society? Note they sold a field and held back while pretending -thus lying to the Holy Spirit.
Two of them did, and were killed over it. The rest did as they were told. And no church today here in America follows this example, but some will still claim to follow Peter while the rest pound their chest over "obeying" Acts 2:38. Picking and choosing what is easiest
Jesus never taught faith or salvation or belief apart from works.
He told a rich young man what he must do in order to have eternal life. You just don't like the answer, which makes you out to be a world-class hypocrite regarding your "follow everything Master Yeshuah said to do" doctrine.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#240 Feb 20, 2014
In your opinion - what are the works God has prepared that we do?

Communism is not taught in the entire Bible. Principles of hard work, wages and property ownership are;-)
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#241 Feb 20, 2014
Mt 28, Acts 2:38,39 and 3:22,23 all fit perfectly together, as do the beatitudes with the Scriptures each is noted to be from.
onediscipletoanother.org
'what does God require?'
William

Birmingham, AL

#242 Feb 20, 2014
"In your opinion - what are the works God has prepared that we do?"

Since God is no respecter of persons, the works that we do are the works that promote the gospel of Jesus Christ. That Christ died for our sins, was buried, and resurrected for our justification. It is also called the gospel of the grace of God and it is for everyone who will trust in what happened on that cross for them.

A person can feed every homeless person in the world, visit every sick person in every hospital, every prisoner in every jail, and spend your whole life going to church, tithing 10%, obeying the ten commandments, not cheating on your taxes, not kicking the cat and helping little old ladies across the street but if that person has never trusted Jesus Christ as their savior based on Christ's work done in their behalf, they will take the express elevator to hell just like everyone else who hasn't done so.

Everybody gets the same deal.
Mike Peterson

United States

#243 Feb 20, 2014
William wrote:
"In your opinion - what are the works God has prepared that we do?"
Since God is no respecter of persons, the works that we do are the works that promote the gospel of Jesus Christ. That Christ died for our sins, was buried, and resurrected for our justification. It is also called the gospel of the grace of God and it is for everyone who will trust in what happened on that cross for them.
A person can feed every homeless person in the world, visit every sick person in every hospital, every prisoner in every jail, and spend your whole life going to church, tithing 10%, obeying the ten commandments, not cheating on your taxes, not kicking the cat and helping little old ladies across the street but if that person has never trusted Jesus Christ as their savior based on Christ's work done in their behalf, they will take the express elevator to hell just like everyone else who hasn't done so.
Everybody gets the same deal.
William. Do you have to do this? Can you trust Jesus and not do what is listed below and go to heaven?

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Bible is not either/or . It is that/and.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 30 min Dave P 2,304
Worship vs Service (Sep '10) 5 hr screen name 5
Johnny Robertson denies his baptism.... WOW! Sat Note 33
Questions for Non-Catholic Ecclesial Communities Fri Mike_Peterson 48
EXPOSING JOHNNY! Must See....! Fri Note 30
Johnny Robertson says Holger's kids not faithful Fri anonymous 10
Video of Johnny Robertson Fri Chastity Richards 37
More from around the web

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE