Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Does the devil care which denomination we are affiliated with?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Bobby wrote:
Does the devil care which denomination we are affiliated with?
No. Satan attempts to destroy all appearances of Christianity, whether we think they are scriptural or not. Look at the fall of the Catholic church. I can see Gods permission and Satan's hand in that.
William

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Been a war going on from Day One about Satan trying to prevent man from trusting the word of God. It's just moved into new battlefields recently.

Like the current battle being waged at the US Supreme Court this week. But hey, there is really nothing new under the sun after all.
nobody

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

We are being attacked both inside the church and from the outside by the "world". Some of the attack inside our churches is because we let our guard down even though we were warned. On the other hand, could we do anything about it? The warning of false teachers deceiving many, was that just a prophecy beyond our control?
William

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

It's best to stick with what 1 Corinthians 2 says about a teacher. Can't go wrong with the Holy Spirit as your guide.
nobody

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

A family member was having question, recently. Thinking of how to show them the bible was real without using the bible made me aware of something the world pulled over my eyes without being aware because I never use the dating abbreviations BC/AD or BCE/CE. This is a real slap in the face to Christianity. My belief is that Jesus is the main character from start to finish in the bible. The most important thing in the bible I believe is that Jesus is the Son of God because of all that is involved in those three words "Son of God". Believing that is what the bible tells us is how we are born again. I know the church of Christ doesn't believe that but the bible says it just the same. That is exactly what those abbreviations meant (BC Before Christ and AD-Anno Domini or year of the Lord). They wanted that changed and said exactly why they wanted it removed. No doubt it is anti Christian,lol. They don't even deny it. One point I was going to make was that the bible was about Jesus and history proved His existence by recording time marking His birth in history like no one else ever before. The fact they changed it doesn't hurt my case because they cannot erase it although they would like to.
TheWingsOfWisdom

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

None you retards know the Lord.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Everyone has probably noticed that there is a war against Christmas-taking the birth of Christ out of Christmas.

Early this morning, I scanned my cable tv for local programing for Easter sermons. To my surprise there was none. I thought "what is up with that".

Then I read some info on huffing post criticizing O'Riley for saying this:

For O'Reilly, however, this is about secularization. The de-Christianization of Easter is part of a larger ongoing project by "the SPs" (secular progressives) to dismantle the religious structures of modern America. Their ultimate goal, O'Reilly went on to say, is to marginalize religion in all forms and "set the stage for a totally secular society in the future"

Of course they deny this...

I think it is about time that people who claim the name of Jesus band together this without having to completely agree with each other because we are losing the war!
nobody

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Bobby wrote:
Everyone has probably noticed that there is a war against Christmas-taking the birth of Christ out of Christmas.
Early this morning, I scanned my cable tv for local programing for Easter sermons. To my surprise there was none. I thought "what is up with that".
Then I read some info on huffing post criticizing O'Riley for saying this:
For O'Reilly, however, this is about secularization. The de-Christianization of Easter is part of a larger ongoing project by "the SPs" (secular progressives) to dismantle the religious structures of modern America. Their ultimate goal, O'Reilly went on to say, is to marginalize religion in all forms and "set the stage for a totally secular society in the future"
Of course they deny this...
I think it is about time that people who claim the name of Jesus band together this without having to completely agree with each other because we are losing the war!
Yes and that little word "Christ" really puts a lump in their throat. They want it done away with.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

This video is saying that hell does not exist. It starts off by portraying the atheist as calm, gentle respectable people and the christians as mean, disrespectful and hateful.

In my view if an atheist wants to be an atheist, then go be one but What they really want is to destroy christianity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

To be fair there are God fearing christians who do not believe hell exist.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

"To be fair there are God fearing Christians who do not believe hell exist."

Big mistake. Huge mistake.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

William wrote:
"To be fair there are God fearing Christians who do not believe hell exist."
Big mistake. Huge mistake.
I personally believe there is a litteral hell. Do you believe in eternal security? If you do on what basis is it founded on?

For you cocers out there-they have some teachers in their midst that do not believe in a literal hell. I first met one about 30 years ago who taught that in class. He lost his teacher status but stayed on in church as a member.
William

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

I believe in a literal hell, just like a literal heaven. As far as eternal security goes, I believe that when a person believes and trusts the gospel of Jesus Christ they are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption, as outlined in Ephesians 1 and 4.

Someone that does believe that they can lose their salvation isn't trusting what was done for them at Calvary, but are instead relying on their own righteousness.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

William wrote:
I believe in a literal hell, just like a literal heaven. As far as eternal security goes, I believe that when a person believes and trusts the gospel of Jesus Christ they are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption, as outlined in Ephesians 1 and 4.
Someone that does believe that they can lose their salvation isn't trusting what was done for them at Calvary, but are instead relying on their own righteousness.
Good, I agree. So those who have trusted Jesus but do not believe/understand there is a literal hell are still secure in their salvation, right?
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

"So those who have trusted Jesus but do not believe/understand there is a literal hell are still secure in their salvation, right?"

If they understand their need for a savior and trust what was done for them at Calvary, then yes. The focus is the cross, not hell, anymore.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

William wrote:
As far as eternal security goes, I believe that when a person believes and trusts the gospel of Jesus Christ they are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption, as outlined in Ephesians 1 and 4.
A person can walk away from God thus lose his salvation.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

"A person can walk away from God thus lose his salvation."

Then it's a good thing that God won't "walk away" from someone who has trusted the gospel of Jesus Christ at some point in their lives and then later found their way into atheism or some man-made religion.

Sealed by the Holy Spirit, until the day of redemption, they are.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can walk away from God thus lose his salvation.
There are a lot of nuances found in the word salvation like the word belief, I think it is better translated trust. Even the word trust hard to define.

I think the words "sealed unto the day of redemption" fits best, that puts the power in God's hands not ours. The only person who can open that seal is Jesus.

When people claim the name of Jesus then later deny him bothers me a lot.Then I think of Peter and when the Rooster crowed he had denied Jesus three times. Will Peter be in Heaven?

All of this stuff is dicey at best for us mere men to figure out.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

William wrote:
Then it's a good thing that God won't "walk away" from someone who has trusted the gospel of Jesus Christ at some point in their lives and then later found their way into atheism or some man-made religion.
wow
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

The title of this thread "Is there a war against Christianity?

We as Christians have a war against us but I see another war and it is a war between christians. I believe it is a sign of the unrest we all have until we enter his/Jesus rest.

Paul said: "Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it."

How do christians unite? It is hard enough for us to unite against the enemies of Christ. Seems as though uniting with each other is far more difficult.

How do we know when we have entered this rest? How can we know that others have entered this rest?

Then we come to the passage of "judge not lest you be judged".

Theology is good but often times we defeat the purpose when we deny our each other as brothers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bassett Discussions

Search the Bassett Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Catholic church is not the pillar and groun... 2 hr Bobby 21
Catholic Priest cannot forgive sins 3 hr Bobby 13
Transubstantiation is a Catholic lie 3 hr Bobby 21
Peter was not a Pope 3 hr Bobby 70
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) 3 hr Bobby 75
Chosen by God 3 hr Bobby 39
Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 3 hr Bobby 31
•••
•••