First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#506 Aug 26, 2014
William wrote:
James 2:10
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
I hate to break this news to you, but James was written for the trial of Paul at Ephesus.

Paul was found guilty and EVERYONE abandoned him.**II Tim. 4

Since: Aug 14

Nigeria, Africa

#507 Aug 26, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break this news to you, but James was written for the trial of Paul at Ephesus.
Say what say what! Paul was not writing Timothy in a manner as you speak. Here is part of what Paul shared with Timothy:

"Do your best to come to me quickly, 10 for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry. 12 I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. 13 When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments.

14 Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done. 15 You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.

16 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

To believe Paul is false is to deny the entire New Testament because Timothy, Luke, even Peter, all considered Paul their brother in the Lord. You so confused on this.

Since: Aug 14

Nigeria, Africa

#508 Aug 26, 2014
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
James must be a spouter of lies...
If you follow Barneys web then James and every writer of the NT is a spouter of lies.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#509 Aug 26, 2014
I have the most personal relationship with Christ that a human can have here on earth.

He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him.

Does he abide in you and you in him?

I feel sad for those who continue to quarrel with the Jews about this. They claim to have personal relationship with Christ but only with their own terms.

The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying,“How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?”

Then many of his disciples who were listening said,“This saying is hard; who can accept it?”
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#510 Aug 26, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
I have the most personal relationship with Christ that a human can have here on earth.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him.
Does he abide in you and you in him?
I feel sad for those who continue to quarrel with the Jews about this. They claim to have personal relationship with Christ but only with their own terms.
The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying,“How can this man give us [his] flesh to eat?”
O
Then many of his disciples who were listening said,“This saying is hard; who can accept it?”
The most personal relationship we can have with Christ is when his promised Holy Spirit takes permanent abode in us. It is not something that we have to take every week or every day that turns into Christ blood and flesh, then disappears and has to be repeated in a catholic ritual.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

If Christ lives in us by his Spirit why then would we need to have transubstantiation take place with a priest performing the supposed miracle on a regular basis????

Romans 8:9
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Mike is beginning to hate the bible he claims the catholics gave us.

Christ in us is our hope of glory-every day from now throughout eternity. This is what Jesus meant when he said I will never leave you or forsake you. This is found in both covenants.

I am not saying we should not take communion, I am saying the resurrection power of Christ lives in us. It is symbolic of what Jesus did for us on the cross- He will not die for us over and over again-it is once for all time. "Do this in remembrance of me"
William

Birmingham, AL

#511 Aug 26, 2014
Barnsweb wrote:

James 1:1

1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

They sure did. They preferred to go back under the law of Moses. A law that no one has ever been able to live up to.

Today, it's the same exact thing. Go into any church today and you will find their rules to adhere to if you want to be a member of that particular church. Doesn't matter what name is out front, they are all fundamentally the same.

It always comes back to works.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#512 Aug 26, 2014
26"Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. 28"You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God.…
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#513 Aug 26, 2014
Cross References
John 3:3
Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

John 3:5
Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

Ezekiel 11:19
I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 18:31
Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Zechariah 7:12
They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#514 Aug 26, 2014
The Living Stone
4And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, 5you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For this is contained in Scripture: "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHOICE STONE, A PRECIOUS CORNER stone, AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."…
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#515 Aug 26, 2014
Cross references

1 Peter 2:5
you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Revelation 1:6
and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father--to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Revelation 5:10
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

Exodus 15:26
He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."

Exodus 22:31
"You are to be my holy people. So do not eat the meat of an animal torn by wild beasts; throw it to the dogs.

Leviticus 19:2
"Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them:'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#516 Aug 26, 2014
This is all over the bible

26that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, 27to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ.…

Born of the spirit washed in his blood.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#517 Aug 26, 2014
Jimmy-Crack-Corn wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what say what! Paul was not writing Timothy in a manner as you speak. Here is part of what Paul shared with Timothy:
"Do your best to come to me quickly, 10 for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry. 12 I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. 13 When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments.
14 Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done. 15 You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.
16 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
To believe Paul is false is to deny the entire New Testament because Timothy, Luke, even Peter, all considered Paul their brother in the Lord. You so confused on this.
And Paul gave false prophecy too. Per the instructions of God, Paul was found a liar then, and he was taken to Rome to die.

Paul lied. I believe God, Jesus Christ and the real apostles - not the sprouter of lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Sep 7 Lurliec 5
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! (Jul '15) Apr '17 Bill 6
My girl (Jan '17) Apr '17 Bill 3
Terry or Susan Walker (Nov '10) May '15 vatechalltheway 16
Lee Gilley shooting.... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Penultimate 2
News Charges advance (Aug '10) Jan '15 miss cleveland 3
News Beware of online romance lies (Sep '10) Dec '14 ss4twentynine 2

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance