Signing off ... for now

Posted in the Bassett Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Randy

Axton, VA

#1 Aug 5, 2014
For some odd reason, the Administrator of Topix removed my thread yesterday—the one named ‘Throw’n in the towel’, wherein I stated I plan to discontinue blogging on this forum. Matter of fact, there seems to be other threads and comments removed from this site. My guess is, it was removed because I posted my hot-mail address and another link which triggered a notification, resulting in my thread being removed [without just cause]. So, this time, I will post my email and link a bit differently so it raises no red flags. ;-)

When I first started Blogging, I slowly became convinced that the church of Christ was right. After years of study, I began to see they were NOT right. In fact, I seen a side of the church of Christ that often remains hidden to laypeople. A long story short, I have learned that no Church is 100% right, doctrinally. By this, I mean, no Church agrees with the next Church. This seems an impossible task, in my opinion. Just look around, at the many denominations. It’s pathetic!.

For what it’s worth, though, the Scriptures ARE hard to understand (the 40,000 plus denominations prove this!).

The “chaos” that you find in Christianity (thousands of sects) is not Jesus’ intent, and I won’t let that derail me from studying.

I think a lot of confusion is derived from a faulty idea of what “biblical” means. Many believe that “biblical” means:“explicitly stated in the Bible in a manner that I agree with.”

I say all of this because…“Doctrinal Unity” is extremely hard — harder than Christianity was ever meant to be — impossible, really!

I am moving on, going back to the drawing board. I have spent 8 years Blogging here and there, to only end up where I started. It has been a blessing to have Blogged with people here, especially Bobby, Dave, and Seeking Wanderer.

My plans are to spend more time studying: Exegesis, Hermeneutics, Narratives, Parables, Poetry, Historical Precedent, Contextually Thinking, The Nature of Scripture, etc. I actually began this last night and will devote my time on this and less time Blogging.

For those interested, I can be reached via email: randycraiger “AT” Hotmail ”DOT”com [maybe posting my email this way won’t raise any red flags].

For those wanting to read some History aside from what Mike presents, check out this site > reasonwithme.weebly"DOT "com/ then click on ‘Church History For Busy People.’ Hopefully, the Admin. wont delete this thread and link.

Take care

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#2 Aug 5, 2014
Randy wrote:
For some odd reason, the Administrator of Topix removed my thread yesterday—the one named ‘Throw’n in the towel’, wherein I stated I plan to discontinue blogging on this forum. Matter of fact, there seems to be other threads and comments removed from this site. My guess is, it was removed because I posted my hot-mail address and another link which triggered a notification, resulting in my thread being removed [without just cause]. So, this time, I will post my email and link a bit differently so it raises no red flags. ;-)
When I first started Blogging, I slowly became convinced that the church of Christ was right. After years of study, I began to see they were NOT right. In fact, I seen a side of the church of Christ that often remains hidden to laypeople. A long story short, I have learned that no Church is 100% right, doctrinally. By this, I mean, no Church agrees with the next Church. This seems an impossible task, in my opinion. Just look around, at the many denominations. It’s pathetic!.
For what it’s worth, though, the Scriptures ARE hard to understand (the 40,000 plus denominations prove this!).
The “chaos” that you find in Christianity (thousands of sects) is not Jesus’ intent, and I won’t let that derail me from studying.
I think a lot of confusion is derived from a faulty idea of what “biblical” means. Many believe that “biblical” means:“explicitly stated in the Bible in a manner that I agree with.”
I say all of this because…“Doctrinal Unity” is extremely hard — harder than Christianity was ever meant to be — impossible, really!
I am moving on, going back to the drawing board. I have spent 8 years Blogging here and there, to only end up where I started. It has been a blessing to have Blogged with people here, especially Bobby, Dave, and Seeking Wanderer.
My plans are to spend more time studying: Exegesis, Hermeneutics, Narratives, Parables, Poetry, Historical Precedent, Contextually Thinking, The Nature of Scripture, etc. I actually began this last night and will devote my time on this and less time Blogging.
For those interested, I can be reached via email: randycraiger “AT” Hotmail ”DOT”com [maybe posting my email this way won’t raise any red flags].
For those wanting to read some History aside from what Mike presents, check out this site > reasonwithme.weebly"DOT "com/ then click on ‘Church History For Busy People.’ Hopefully, the Admin. wont delete this thread and link.
Take care
Don't forget the 38 volume of writings from the first Christians. No commentary in there.
Jimmy Crack Corn

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Aug 5, 2014
Say hello to Dave hehehe
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#4 Aug 5, 2014
Best to you Randy. Few make it to where you are. I've found the most encouragement and direction in the teachings of Jesus - from the hand picked original disciples.

The issue in my opinion is that people go to Paul to understand Jesus, when they need to spend time with Him if they want to know what is right. Keep His words close to your heart.

Richard
onediscipletoanother.org
Randy

Axton, VA

#5 Aug 6, 2014
Richard, in the beginning, I found much of your words to be helpful. But since then, you have went a direction I cannot go. Best to you, friend.
Randy

Axton, VA

#6 Aug 6, 2014
Jimmy Crack Corn wrote:
Say hello to Dave hehehe
Do not know Dave personally ... just know of him from here. The only person I know I could actually see in person is Seeking Wanderer because I know where he works. Other than him, I do not know anyone personally from this forum ... except for Johnny and some of his crew.
Randy

Axton, VA

#7 Aug 6, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the 38 volume of writings from the first Christians. No commentary in there.
Already been down this road. Thanks anyways.

http://www.bible.ca/history/fathers/
Jesus Creed

Fremont, CA

#8 Aug 6, 2014
Bye everyone, I must go with Randy.
Seeking Wanderer

Fremont, CA

#9 Aug 6, 2014
Where Randy goes I go.
Dave P

Fremont, CA

#10 Aug 6, 2014
I am taking a vacation with Randy also. If you never noticed before every time I showed up Randy did also. So when Randy goes I go.
elect one

Fremont, CA

#11 Aug 6, 2014
Bye now, take care till we meet again.
addministrator

Fremont, CA

#12 Aug 6, 2014
With the announcement of Randy leaving we are forced to file for bankruptcy. We hope to reorganize as quickly as we get enough posters to justify running our services. Randy leaving was quite a blow to topix and we regret we have to take these steps for the survival of our company.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#13 Aug 6, 2014
addministrator wrote:
With the announcement of Randy leaving we are forced to file for bankruptcy. We hope to reorganize as quickly as we get enough posters to justify running our services. Randy leaving was quite a blow to topix and we regret we have to take these steps for the survival of our company.
Now this is funny I dont care who you are.
Randy

Axton, VA

#14 Aug 6, 2014
Dave P wrote:
I am taking a vacation with Randy also. If you never noticed before every time I showed up Randy did also. So when Randy goes I go.
I’m NOT ‘Seeking Wanderer’ nor am I ‘Dave.’ Seeking Wanderer works at Star News and my gut tells me that “YOU” see him in the mirror each morning. If you left this forum in the past because you thought I was Dave, you are/were very mistaken.
Randy

Axton, VA

#15 Aug 6, 2014
addministrator wrote:
Lol, okay, this did make me laugh. I was merely letting people know I have no more use for Christian debate on here. I have discussed with some on here for quite a long time and just wanted to say “bye”. If you think I have my heads in the clouds, you obviously need to get to know me better. I’d be more than glad to meet at Star News and discuss this in person. I’m fairly certain this is Seeking Wanderer. You signed off, telling us to be on guard for ‘copycats’ and to pay attention to writing styles thus you know how to change writing styles. I’m not your enemy,“J” & “T”. I’ve wrote you several times since you signed off here
Randy

Axton, VA

#16 Aug 6, 2014
addministrator wrote:
If you were truly an administrator you would know for a fact Dave is NOT me. Anyways, if you want to believe that, go right ahead. I am more than happy to meet you at Star News and help clear this up. If you were paying attention, Dave gave his full name and offered his phone number.

Btw, if you are SW, you were a great help to me and I wish you had not left here. Again, you are soooooooooo wrong in regards to thinking I am Dave.
R a n d y

Axton, VA

#20 Aug 6, 2014
After going back through some older threads, this may be Joey N. or Brandon H. not SW. The attitude and “certain way” of replying, reminds me of Brandon H. Either way, I don’t care. If you have anything to say to me I’m not hard to find. Take Blackberry Rd, go to top and turn right on Mocking Bird Ln, then drive to end at last house on the left … way out in the field. Or text/call me 2 7 6 2 2 9 2 5 8 3
Jimmy Crack Corn

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Aug 6, 2014
more power to you
Jimmy Crack Corn

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Aug 6, 2014
Jesus Creep I mean Dave dang it I mean seeking a wonder crap I mean Randy. I have been depressed all day long since reading that you are leaving us. How ever will topix survive Look at how the comments dropped already since your announcement. I cant stop crying and I guess every one on here is so down that they cant make comments yet. How sweet of you to leave us your phone number and directions to your house. I bet your phone has been ringing off the freaking hook all day and your drive probably looks like a block party. I am struggling to type this for the tears are running like a river. You poor idiot! You are a nobody with personality disorders acting like al these people, Hell you might just be Mike Bobby and rest of the people on here since this site done come to a halt. I sincerely apologize for being so wordy but my heart is so broken I just don't know what to do.
Jimmy Crack Corn

Fremont, CA

#24 Aug 6, 2014
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, okay, this did make me laugh. I was merely letting people know I have no more use for Christian debate on here. I have discussed with some on here for quite a long time and just wanted to say “bye”. If you think I have my heads in the clouds, you obviously need to get to know me better. I’d be more than glad to meet at Star News and discuss this in person. I’m fairly certain this is Seeking Wanderer. You signed off, telling us to be on guard for ‘copycats’ and to pay attention to writing styles thus you know how to change writing styles. I’m not your enemy,“J” & “T”. I’ve wrote you several times since you signed off here
Okay you caught me. I am not really the "addministrator" but I also am not any of those others. I am just clowning around.
Randy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were truly an administrator you would know for a fact Dave is NOT me. Anyways, if you want to believe that, go right ahead. I am more than happy to meet you at Star News and help clear this up. If you were paying attention, Dave gave his full name and offered his phone number.
Btw, if you are SW, you were a great help to me and I wish you had not left here. Again, you are soooooooooo wrong in regards to thinking I am Dave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Tue Barnsweb 146
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Apr 24 Barnsweb 9
Speak Out Bassett Virginia !!!! (Jul '15) Apr 18 Bill 6
My girl Apr 18 Bill 3
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Apr 8 James A Farmer 45
Need help finding friend Mar '17 J Collins 1
the church of Christ insider discussion boards (Aug '10) Mar '17 Democrappy ... 12

Bassett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages