How To Be Saved
Dave P

Chicago, IL

#41 Jun 15, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
He offers his flesh and blood every day.
Blasphemy.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#42 Jun 15, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Blasphemy.
]

John 6:66
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#43 Jun 15, 2013
Bible Talk wrote:
<quoted text>The grave yards are full of Catholics that have broke bread and were in good standing in the church. I am sure there are questionable castrators and molesters which are Catholic. You would be more knowledgeable than I of concerning the status of some. You get my point are they all saved just because they took communion? Will they all live forever in Jesus? Luke 22 19-21 states Judas took the Lords Supper before Jesus revealed Judas would betray him. Will Judas live forever in Jesus? Of course I don't think we can answer these questions but it does bring your interpretation into question. I think Catholics are on some very shaky ground with their teachings. To start with to believe the bread and wine turns literally into the flesh and blood when instituted by the Lord would seem to be symbolic. He has not shed blood or given his body when the apostles fist took part. I know how the Catholics take preparations to cover the body if bread is dropped and so on but I get a totally different understanding of John 6 than Catholics do. To me everything in the Catholic religion is built around controlling and communion is no different. That is the reason everyone has split from the Catholics.
No true Catholic says he is ever saved. They are only truly saved at the moment of their baptism. I was saved. I am being saved. I hope to be saved.

Only non Catholics tell God they are saved.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#44 Jun 15, 2013
Mike, was His sacrifice 'once for all' or needed daily? Since He said 'as often' regarding how often to commemorate His death till He come, why think of it as more than commemoration of the depths of His love and fulfillment of the righteous standards decreed by God?

You might provide some serious quotes.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#45 Jun 15, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
He offers his flesh and blood every day.
I am pretty sure you have been accused of cannibalism before. I hear it is not a good idea to invite catholic friends over for finger foods.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#46 Jun 15, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Mike, was His sacrifice 'once for all' or needed daily? Since He said 'as often' regarding how often to commemorate His death till He come, why think of it as more than commemoration of the depths of His love and fulfillment of the righteous standards decreed by God?
You might provide some serious quotes.
Roman Catholics are quick to say that the Eucharist is not a re-sacrifice of Christ. They want to make it clear that Christ was offered once for all and that the Mass is not a re-sacrifice but a "re-presentation" of the sacrifice.

We certainly do not want to misrepresent Roman Catholic theology, but we must ask how it is possible for the Mass to not be a re-sacrifice of Christ when the Mass is called a divine sacrifice (CCC, 1068) that is done over and over again. We are told that "the sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice"; (CCC, 1367); that it is an unbloody offering that is proptiatory,(CCC, 1367); that it can make reparation of sins,(CCC, 1414); and is to be considered a true and proper sacrifice (TheCatholic Encyclopedia, topic: "Sacrifice of the Mass"). We must conclude that it is a sacrifice that occurs over and over again and since it is said to be a true and proper sacrifice that is propitiatory, then logically it must be a re-sacrifice of Christ. If it is not, then how can it be called a sacrifice of Christ? Also, how could it be propitiatory if it is not a sacrifice of Christ since it is Christ's offering on the cross that is itself If the Eucharist is a re-Sacrifice of Christ, It's illegitimate, because Christ was slain "once for all" (Heb. 7:26-27). The answer is foreshadowed in the Passover

. The Passover consists of three distinct parts:
the slaying of the lamb (Exodus 12:5-6)
the covering of the doorposts in blood (Exodus 12:7)
the eating of the lamb (Exodus 12:8-10)

This foreshadowed Christ's Passion. The Slaying of the Lamb of God occurred once for all time at the Crucifixition. Covering ourselves in His Blood occurs most directly at Baptism, which is itself a one-time event. Yet the eating of the Lamb is something which we can do time and time again. Think about it: a Jew celebrating Passover could go for a second helping of the Lamb (and was in some cases required to, since it had to be eaten that day). But this second eating didn't mean a second sacrifice: they didn't have to re-kill or re-sacrifice (or even re-mark the doorposts) to consume the lamb. That's what it means when the Catechism says "the sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice." That's also why the Eucharist is termed the "unbloody Sacrifice," because the bloodshed was in the slaying of the Lamb, not the eating.

The Eucharist is therefore a vital part of the finished work of the Cross: specifically, it's the application of that work. This sounds, at first, foreign to most Protestants, but I don't think it is. Many Protestants can point to the day -even the hour- and the exact circumstances in which they got saved. But it was a point in their lifetime. Nobody says, "I got saved in c. 32 A.D., when Jesus died on the Cross." Certainly, it's because of that past one-time event that they're able to get saved, but they got saved when they were justified by faith through Grace, and that Blood was applied to them. His Blood was shed in c. 32, but it was applied to their doorposts (figuratively speaking) when they turned their life over to Christ.

So Protestants, like Catholics recognize a distinction between the shedding of Blood and the application of that shed Blood.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#47 Jun 15, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure you have been accused of cannibalism before. I hear it is not a good idea to invite catholic friends over for finger foods.
Only those from John 6:66. The ones who Jesus told to shut up for saying what you just did.. And then they left him because that teaching is hard.
Bible Talk

Germany

#48 Jun 15, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure you have been accused of cannibalism before. I hear it is not a good idea to invite catholic friends over for finger foods.
Lol, I like that.
Question

Sunset, LA

#49 Jun 15, 2013
Does Jesus Show Nicodemus what qualifies some one to go to Heaven in John 3:5,“ Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”
Definition of QUALIFY
transitive verb1 a : to reduce from a general to a particular or restricted form : modify
2 : to characterize by naming an attribute
3 a : to fit by training, skill, or ability for a special purpose b (1): to declare competent or adequate : certify (2): to invest with legal capacity : license intransitive verb1 : to be or become fit (as for an office): meet the required standard 2 : to acquire legal or competent power or capacity <has just qualified as a lawyer> 3 a : to exhibit a required degree of ability in a preliminary contest <qualified for the finals> b : to shoot well enough to earn a marksmanship badge
Examples of QUALIFY
His experience qualifies him for the job.
The training will qualify you to sell insurance.
They both qualify for the job.
Did she qualify to receive financial aid?
Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
The win qualifies her to compete in the final race.
The certification qualifies you to teach only in this state.
“Except a man be born (be modified) of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”
“ Except a man be born (become adequate) of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Jesus is stating that only persons who meet the required standard,“of being born of water and Spirit”, is able to enter the kingdom of God.
Example of apostles teaching, born of water and spirit.
Acts 2:36 thru 39,“36. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized (‘born of water”) every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,(when your sins are removed, you become adequate for the kingdom of God) and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (“born of the Spirit“). 39. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.”
If you die today, are you qualified to go to heaven according to what Jesus explains of being born of water and Spirit? Peter’s answer to what men are to do is Acts 2:38,“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
Let’s change the wording of John 3;5 without changing the meaning of the sentence. A man cannot enter the kingdom of God, except he is born of the water and of the Spirit. Some say it is easier to understand the sentence written in this fashion.
Jesus explains in John 3:3 that the kingdom of God is hidden to the natural man, born of a woman. Some bible text is quoted as,“ Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” I find it easier to understand a bible text which is quoted in this text,“Jesus answered,“I tell you most solemnly, unless a man is born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” This shows us about a person, already born by man and woman by nature, is not able to see, know or understand the kingdom of God. To qualify to see the kingdom of God, a man has to be born from above (by the Spirit of God). Or as the other text states born again.
Question

Sunset, LA

#50 Jun 15, 2013
In what fashion was Jesus born? Matthew 1:18,“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost (Spirit).” And in verse 20 …“for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.” Does these verses show us that Jesus was born from above (by the Spirit of God)? This shows us Jesus was qualified to enter the kingdom of God by his words of being born from above.

Do you want to qualify to see God’s Kingdom??? Seek out to be born from above, born again. Do you want to qualify to enter the kingdom of God??? Seek out to be born again, born from above, born of God.
Bible Talk

Germany

#51 Jun 15, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
When we receive the body and blood of Jesus Christ. We knew him in the breaking of the bread.
John 6
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.b
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.”
Do you know that Bethlehem means Town of Bread and he was layed in a manger, a feeding trough?
Luke 22 19-21 states Judas took the Lords Supper before Jesus revealed Judas would betray him. Will Judas live forever in Jesus? Or the Catholic priests? If we say Jesus is speaking of the Eucharist in these verses as the you do isn't there problems?
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#52 Jun 15, 2013
Still blasphemy despite the word play. Warmed over Judaism.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#53 Jun 15, 2013
Bible Talk wrote:
<quoted text> Luke 22 19-21 states Judas took the Lords Supper before Jesus revealed Judas would betray him. Will Judas live forever in Jesus? Or the Catholic priests? If we say Jesus is speaking of the Eucharist in these verses as the you do isn't there problems?
Only god knows who is in or will go to hell. But he did receive in an unworthy manner as Paul clearly states.

Oh yeah How can profane a symbol?

St. Paul also speaks about the reality of Jesus' body and blood in the Eucharist, in 1 Corinthians 11:23-30:

For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."  In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."  For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died.
Bible Talk

France

#54 Jun 15, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Only god knows who is in or will go to hell. But he did receive in an unworthy manner as Paul clearly states.
Oh yeah How can profane a symbol?
St. Paul also speaks about the reality of Jesus' body and blood in the Eucharist, in 1 Corinthians 11:23-30:
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me."  In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."  For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died.
Do it in remembrance of me. A remembrance of something is what Protestants do, quite different than what Catholics are claiming. Almost anything can be treated or done in an irreverent way.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#55 Jun 16, 2013
Bible Talk wrote:
<quoted text>I would venture to say you were saved using the KJV as were most people visiting this forum. If that be the case is your salvation flawed? I would also venture to say more have been saved using the KJV than than the Aramaic English New Testament. You might even agree with that statement.
My web site is based on the NKJV, and truth can be discerned from it, but the AENT has only been around since 2010, and it actually clears of textual and doctrinal issues that are based on bad translations from the Greek and Latin. It is also another way to know what was really said, what was added, and what was removed from the originals as given by the Apostles of the Lord.

Most Western Christians are actually quite afraid to face the truth that the KJV and every other Greek based translation are tampered with and not completely true. A non doctrinal issue is an example. The feast Jesus attended where the woman broke the perfume bottle on His feet was not a lepers house, but a jar makers house. And with all the interest in Escatology - there are things Y'shua said to note about the 'last days' that never made it into the Greek - they altered the text and you don't even know what is missing! And this specific prophecy appears to be going on right now as never before since His day.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#56 Jun 16, 2013
aent.org

I get nothing to recommend the translation, but have found it to be a wonderful Bible study resource.

onediscipletoanother.org
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#57 Jun 16, 2013
The AENT provides the very words Y'shua spoke and a translation of his Aramaic based teaching into English. You will likely feel as though you've been transported back to what Christian scholars refer to as “the primitive church," before post-Apostolic Church founders interpreted and defined New Testament concepts according to their Greek based culture.

For those who are fluent or have basic knowledge of Hebrew the AENT will provide thousands of Aramaic cognates that are derived from the Hebrew Tanakh (Torah-Neviim-Ketuvim) to be studied within their original context.

If you've ever questioned the authenticity of the New Testament or specific verses, the AENT provides a definitive, authoritative and consistent Aramaic to English translation. The AENT also features many distinctive elements of the Netzari Faith, the original Faith of Paul and the Apostles. There are many elements within the AENT that are not found in any other publication regarding prophecy, history and theology. The AENT contains an encyclopedia of information in the footnotes and appendixes that few souls within the Messianic community have accessed before now.

The halakha (way to walk) that Y'shua and Paul taught was based upon Hebrew Scripture “Then opened he their mind, that they might understand the Scripture" (Luke 24:45). Aramaic is a sister language of Hebrew that contains words and ideas that were familiar and common to the Apostles, you will find cognate terms in the AENT that bridge back to the Targums (3rd Century BCE Aramaic commentaries on Scripture) and very clearly help define ancient terms in their original context.

From a historical perspective you will discover how the Aramaic New Testament was preserved and maintained from it's very inception. Those who call themselves Messianic do so for various reasons, if you are Jewish it's because you clearly recognize Y'shua is Mashiyach, if you are not Jewish it's because you recognize the Good News of Mashiyach came through the Jewish people and their culture and Torah plays an important role in your life as with Y'shua and all his original followers.

The AENT represents the New Covenant writers directly, the very ideas and words they thought, spoke and taught in, every Messianic believer will be blessed to have a New Testament Bible that contains the very words of Y'shua.
Barnsweb

Alliance, OH

#58 Jun 16, 2013
That was from the AENT site, but I'll add that all Christians would benefit from the very words of Y'shua - He said to make disciples, then later the disciples were called 'Christians'.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#59 Jun 16, 2013
Bible Talk wrote:
<quoted text>Do it in remembrance of me. A remembrance of something is what Protestants do, quite different than what Catholics are claiming. Almost anything can be treated or done in an irreverent way.
How can you eat Nabisco unsalted crackers and drink "Great Value" grape juice in a profane matter.

I guess if you chew with your mouth open.
Bible Talk

Chicago, IL

#60 Jun 16, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you eat Nabisco unsalted crackers and drink "Great Value" grape juice in a profane matter.
I guess if you chew with your mouth open.
You see, it is possible to profane just about anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I like to get on some buttseckz.. I aint gay.. ... Thu Captain peckerlips 1
Who got da biggest pecker in all uh Furrum? Thu Captain peckerlips 1
Christians Murder American Indians (Jan '12) Jun 18 Kevo8263 32
Catholics (Feb '14) Jun 17 mpetershat 3,338
Sarah Smith nude ! (Jul '12) Jun 13 sarasmith 2
The Bible teaches that the Earth will never end (Apr '15) May '16 Anonymous 38
thomas jefferson edwards Apr '16 nuks67 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bassett Mortgages