Comments
21 - 40 of 61 Comments Last updated Jun 16, 2013
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#21 Jun 14, 2013
Bible Talk wrote:
<quoted text>I would venture to say you were saved using the KJV as were most people visiting this forum. If that be the case is your salvation flawed? I would also venture to say more have been saved using the KJV than than the Aramaic English New Testament. You might even agree with that statement.

A bible can't save you. It is profitable for teaching.

Who has taught you?

Do you worship a Bible?

Why do you read a Bible written for the King of England.?

I guess you are an Anglican or an Episcopalian.
Bible Talk

France

#22 Jun 14, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
A bible can't save you. It is profitable for teaching.
Who has taught you?
Do you worship a Bible?
Why do you read a Bible written for the King of England.?
I guess you are an Anglican or an Episcopalian.
You guessed wrong. Were you saved while using the KJV? I don't say Hail "KJV" throughout my day nor do I say Hail "Blessed Mary" either of those would amount to worship. This host also spoke of Mary's role in salvation, a co-salvation work if you will, with Jesus. Where they come up with this stuff I will never know. Do you think the apostles sat around counting rosary beads all day until they got bored then got up and chased altar boys around for a while? It would do you good to forget what these priests say, open up the word of God and let your eyes be opened. I believe the KJV is the most accurate but almost any bible will not mislead you as much as these priests and tradition have misled the Catholic church.
Bible Talk

France

#23 Jun 14, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Wow - KJV only's?:-)
My dear friend, please do get an Aramaic English New Testament, and also read it. The KJV is only as good as what it was translated from - and it was translated from perverted texts - at least the NT. And Jesus nor the apostles used the seventies text for the OT, but did use the Hebrew.
You may also want to look up your verse about salvation 'will' vs 'should'. It's a significant difference in meaning.
onediscipletoanother.org
aent.org
I posted a bible lesson today, more later. It deals with the KJV and open eyes. Have a good day. I will ask for your help later. I like to fly by the seat of my pants and that is what I have in store for today, have a good one.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#24 Jun 14, 2013
Bible Talk wrote:
<quoted text>So what is the meaning of those verses? That we will recognize him by the way he breaks bread? God must open our eyes to him sometimes more than once.
When we receive the body and blood of Jesus Christ. We knew him in the breaking of the bread.

John 6

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.b
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.”

Do you know that Bethlehem means Town of Bread and he was layed in a manger, a feeding trough?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#25 Jun 14, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Hey Bible Talk, do you realize that the track and website you've promoted here are so harsh that you could pass for a Texas style coc preacher?
In your version everyone is lost besides the "community churches" or non-denominational folks.
TO ALL POSTERS:
I've had a thought the last two days. Let me share with you. Much has been made in this forum over "the one true church" idea. Between churches of Christ, RCC, orthodox, etc. Many of us here reject that idea. Several here accept it.
Out in the religious world, how many believe that? Actually, I think it's most. Here's why. If you belong to those 6 or so groups, you most likely absolutely believe it. But if you don't, here's a test- if you're a Baptist or Methodist or Pentecostal: do you really care where someone goes to church or not? After all, if salvation can be found anywhere, why does it matter where someone else goes?
My friend at work has a son-in-law who is a music minister at a large freewill Baptist church. He cannot recommend someone go anywhere else because they are "in error". This guy doesn't like Calvinism-although he's a 3 or 4 point Calvinist himself!
If salvation can be found despite what group we assemble with, what reason do we have to be zealous for our groups-other than keep the money rolling in and have a bigger congregation?
I contend that the sectarian spirit is stronger than anyone will acknowledge.
I totally agree, Dave. It is very easy to get caught up in “the one true church" idea- especially when we think we have it all right and everyone else is wrong.

The truth is: none of us are 100% right. In fact, we all may hold error. When a new convert begins searching the scriptures, studying the Word, he lacks insight on many doctrinal truths. In this unlearned state, he is accepted as a fellow Christian. Why can we not extend that same grace to those unlearned in other denominations?

For example:

Many believe they are forgiven before baptism. This, in my opinion, is error. Nevertheless, will God withhold forgiveness because they believe this? I am sure there are fake-Christians out there but for the most part, many truly love Jesus Christ, and honestly, to the best of their ability, seek to do what the bible says. You can let 10 people read the book of Acts and all will not agree on how one is added to the Church- how frequently one observes the Lords Supper- Sabbath or Sunday, etc.

Does our misunderstandings cause God to let us go? If so, salvation hinges upon our ability to be 100% correct at all times.

Only pride will make one think he is in “the one true church." The more I look at this, the more accepting I am of other denominations. God will separate the wheat from the tares.
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

#26 Jun 14, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree, Dave. It is very easy to get caught up in “the one true church" idea- especially when we think we have it all right and everyone else is wrong.
The truth is: none of us are 100% right. In fact, we all may hold error. When a new convert begins searching the scriptures, studying the Word, he lacks insight on many doctrinal truths. In this unlearned state, he is accepted as a fellow Christian. Why can we not extend that same grace to those unlearned in other denominations?
For example:
Many believe they are forgiven before baptism. This, in my opinion, is error. Nevertheless, will God withhold forgiveness because they believe this? I am sure there are fake-Christians out there but for the most part, many truly love Jesus Christ, and honestly, to the best of their ability, seek to do what the bible says. You can let 10 people read the book of Acts and all will not agree on how one is added to the Church- how frequently one observes the Lords Supper- Sabbath or Sunday, etc.
Does our misunderstandings cause God to let us go? If so, salvation hinges upon our ability to be 100% correct at all times.
Only pride will make one think he is in “the one true church." The more I look at this, the more accepting I am of other denominations. God will separate the wheat from the tares.
First off Randy it's good to hear from you. Hope the wedding plans are going smoothly. You have been missed here.

I think I am in 100% agreement with your entire post. Are we sharing thoughts somehow?

Randy: Does our misunderstandings cause God to let us go? If so, salvation hinges upon our ability to be 100% correct at all times.

Dave: This idea has led me to rethink some of my positions. I am not 100% correct all the time, no one is. I do not wish to be judged by God on a 100% correct basis. I will lose. Salvation is based on faith in Christ. Period, end of story. "Blessed Peter" was in error many times in his life. He fails that test too. God offers grace-I think I'll take it.

Randy: Many believe they are forgiven before baptism. This, in my opinion, is error. Nevertheless, will God withhold forgiveness because they believe this?

Dave: I agree that this is error. But, does God withhold forgiveness? If we repent and are baptized, God will forgive us and give us His Spirit. That's all based on faith, not what we believe as baptism doctrine. God keeps His promises to those that believe in Him.

Randy: Only pride will make one think he is in “the one true church." The more I look at this, the more accepting I am of other denominations. God will separate the wheat from the tares.

Dave: Preach it! I agree. It's not your job nor mine, nor anyone else's, to do the separating. God handles that later. We're called to spread the message and gather the fish. Mark 9:38-40 seems to be the forgotten verses of the gospel message. I have heard ZERO sermons on it. Wonder why?

Randy, I think you and I have done a lot of growing here. You can see it in our posts.
Dave P

Nicholasville, KY

#27 Jun 14, 2013
I did not understand the predestination idea for quite a while. I asked about Judas in a wednesday night study once, if he had a choice about betraying Jesus. That's a common question for beginners.

I got some funny looks. This was as a new convert.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#28 Jun 14, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
For example:
"How can I understand if nobody teaches me". And a successor of the Apostles taught him. The scripture alone didn't.

Who teaches you? Yourself. There is no way we can teach ourselves. "It is not for personal interpretation". "Paul's teaching is hard to understand."

The Church is 100% right in her teaching in the area of faith and morals. Jesus specifically told us.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#29 Jun 14, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
For example:
I absolutely love your message. The fact is that even though we are saved, we are still not perfect, in the sense that we perfectly understand everything and completely obey. There is always room for us to grow and become closer to God. He said he would never leave us or forsake us. I cannot imagine why anyone would walk away from a promise like that but some do.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#30 Jun 14, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
"How can I understand if nobody teaches me". And a successor of the Apostles taught him. The scripture alone didn't.
Who teaches you? Yourself. There is no way we can teach ourselves. "It is not for personal interpretation". "Paul's teaching is hard to understand."
The Church is 100% right in her teaching in the area of faith and morals. Jesus specifically told us.
Mike, you obviously missed my point. On the other hand, maybe you didn’t. You believe you are in the ONLY church thus everyone else on here are either lost or second class Christians. If you didn’t have “sacred tradition”, would the Bible be enough for you, or would you be lost?

I bet “Pope Peter” knew about the Rosary Beads- the Hail Mary’s- Mass- and all of that added stuff. But, its okay, you are the TRUE CHURCH so you can make changes as you wish. ;-)– no scriptural authority required.
William

Opelika, AL

#31 Jun 14, 2013
Looks like this David J. Stewart clown is also a sex offender. Bible Talk have you thoroughly vetted your link sources and their credibility?

It appears not.
William

Opelika, AL

#32 Jun 14, 2013
So, it looks like he did find "a hobby".

LMAO!
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

#33 Jun 14, 2013
Hey, I like "bible talk". I think he is pretty much right with his doctrine but the author he posted from seems to be a flake. However even a flake can be right sometimes:-)
William

Opelika, AL

#34 Jun 14, 2013
That website is a barrel of laughs. I especially like the sexual immorality parts now.

Glass houses, yo!
Bible Talk

New York, NY

#35 Jun 14, 2013
William wrote:
Looks like this David J. Stewart clown is also a sex offender. Bible Talk have you thoroughly vetted your link sources and their credibility?
It appears not.
I didn't see that he was a sex offender. I saw some charges and one guilty plea resulting in probation. I never saw any details. He definitely has enemies and details will be forth coming I am sure if there is anything.
Bible Talk

New York, NY

#36 Jun 14, 2013
William wrote:
That website is a barrel of laughs. I especially like the sexual immorality parts now.
Glass houses, yo!
Speaking of laughs, you never said where your two types of salvation gospel came from. I know it was not the bible.
Bible Talk

New York, NY

#37 Jun 14, 2013
Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
When we receive the body and blood of Jesus Christ. We knew him in the breaking of the bread.
John 6
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.b
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.”
Do you know that Bethlehem means Town of Bread and he was layed in a manger, a feeding trough?
The grave yards are full of Catholics that have broke bread and were in good standing in the church. I am sure there are questionable castrators and molesters which are Catholic. You would be more knowledgeable than I of concerning the status of some. You get my point are they all saved just because they took communion? Will they all live forever in Jesus? Luke 22 19-21 states Judas took the Lords Supper before Jesus revealed Judas would betray him. Will Judas live forever in Jesus? Of course I don't think we can answer these questions but it does bring your interpretation into question. I think Catholics are on some very shaky ground with their teachings. To start with to believe the bread and wine turns literally into the flesh and blood when instituted by the Lord would seem to be symbolic. He has not shed blood or given his body when the apostles fist took part. I know how the Catholics take preparations to cover the body if bread is dropped and so on but I get a totally different understanding of John 6 than Catholics do. To me everything in the Catholic religion is built around controlling and communion is no different. That is the reason everyone has split from the Catholics.
Bible Talk

New York, NY

#38 Jun 14, 2013
I listened again today while traveling to the Catholics. The discussion was why are people leaving the church. They need to look outside the church for answers because they are completely oblivious to the truth. The Catholics are out of touch with reality, they cannot assess themselves (no one is good at that) It is present in you as well, the attitude of being right about everything can blind you. What you end up with is leaders that are the most blind of all. You can see it in Protestors but can you see it in Catholics.
William

Sylacauga, AL

#39 Jun 14, 2013
Google up:

David J. Stewart Sex Offender

Looks like he even fled the country. Probably out spreading his Great Commission.

Clown
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

#40 Jun 15, 2013
Bible Talk wrote:
<quoted text>So what is the meaning of those verses? That we will recognize him by the way he breaks bread? God must open our eyes to him sometimes more than once.
He offers his flesh and blood every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is baptism essential to salvation (Nov '10) 6 hr Jimmy-Crack-Corn 243
The Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 6 hr Jimmy-Crack-Corn 147
Catholics (Feb '14) 18 hr William 853
Jesus' words only teaching, HRM (Sep '13) Thu Curious 63
Signing off ... for now Aug 26 Barnsweb 512
Where did the CoC cowards go? Aug 23 Jimmy Crack Corn 2
Debate: Ferguson - Martinsville, VA Aug 22 Barnsweb 8
•••
•••
Bassett Dating