Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

READ what they say about Mary. Some is wrong, some not so wrong. Catholic prejudice?

All I'm saying is be fair and truthful. Not the same tires wrong accusations.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

Bobby wrote:
Mike, when we go outside of scripture we will wind up with someone's opinion..
This is an awesome statement. What do you think Sola Scriptura is infamous for?

Somebody's opinion .... You prots have as many opinions as there are readers of scripture.

How asinine was that statement?

Lord have Mercy. Thank God Protestantism is destroying itself.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

Dave P wrote:
Yes I have knowledge of things I believe the RCC to be in error on. I also happen to think that the TULIP fields are rotten too.
I agree, no one can be righteous by his own standards. I admit that I am a flawed human in need of a savior. God did not send his son the save the righteous for all have sinned. So we all stand before God in need of his grace. If our hope is in our perfect understanding of scripture, then not one of us has a chance. That being said God stills sets the standard of truth. Don't forget that catholics believe that if we are not catholic we are the ones who are lost, so they do not freely offer that grace to us.

We must be careful not to accept error because if we do, then what is to keep us from accepting the error of islam -etc.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an awesome statement. What do you think Sola Scriptura is infamous for?
Somebody's opinion .... You prots have as many opinions as there are readers of scripture.
How asinine was that statement?
Lord have Mercy. Thank God Protestantism is destroying itself.
>>> Catholics have traveled the road beyond scripture <<<

You Left-footers are as guilty much more so than Protestantism and truth be known disagreements continue to this day in Catholicism. Don’t dare play that card as if full complete agreement exist in Catholicism. Do you care to show us some outlandish claims made by popes. I am certain you know of them so don’t go hiding behind a tree with your history books now. Quote for us a few of the popes claims and contradictions. Come on you Left-footer stop your bloody games and come forth with it all.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

I am sitting here thinking about sola scripture and Mike's hatred of it.

He brags about the catholics printing the first bible but inside he wishes it had never been published for the masses.

If catholics had this to do over again they might have placed the scripture in a locked box/vault and buried in a place where only popes and catholic hierarchy could access it.

The truth is out of the bag now and the catholics no longer have control over it-thank GOD!!!
Mike_Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

Bobby wrote:
I am sitting here thinking about sola scripture and Mike's hatred of it.

He brags about the catholics printing the first bible but inside he wishes it had never been published for the masses.

If catholics had this to do over again they might have placed the scripture in a locked box/vault and buried in a place where only popes and catholic hierarchy could access it.

The truth is out of the bag now and the catholics no longer have control over it-thank GOD!!!
Just the opposite, she protected it for many centuries under penalty of death.

You should read how the
Monks in monasteries spent their whole lives copying and protecting the sacred scripture.

The Bible is the Church's gift to the world.

Protestantism is in its death throes. Thank God

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is the Church's gift to the world.
Protestantism is in its death throes. Thank God
Sorry for laughing when I read this. The bible is from God not a gift from Rome. Long before 350 epistles were read aloud and taught. In Britain we have manuscripts dating early on and never touched by the harlot. Three times I have given you this but you run past it in favor of other writings. Let us go find the Catholic teachings in the bible for surely some proof must be there if the Catholic Church is what you and other Left-footers say.
Mike_Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

Calvins Corner wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for laughing when I read this. The bible is from God not a gift from Rome. Long before 350 epistles were read aloud and taught. In Britain we have manuscripts dating early on and never touched by the harlot. Three times I have given you this but you run past it in favor of other writings. Let us go find the Catholic teachings in the bible for surely some proof must be there if the Catholic Church is what you and other Left-footers say.
You are pretty ignorant of history aren't you.

Laughing at something you are ignorant of is a fairly normal response

Tell me how Bibles were made from AD 400 to AD 1400

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 11

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pretty ignorant of history aren't you.
Laughing at something you are ignorant of is a fairly normal response
Tell me how Bibles were made from AD 400 to AD 1400
Yeah, I'm ignorant to history. Sure.

You are ignorant to the bible in many ways, Mike.

You have yet to find your beliefs in the bible. That's a bit weird.
Mike_Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 12

Calvins Corner wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I'm ignorant to history. Sure.

You are ignorant to the bible in many ways, Mike.

You have yet to find your beliefs in the bible. That's a bit weird.
Tell me how the first Bible was created? Give me dates and names.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

Dave P wrote:
READ what they say about Mary. Some is wrong, some not so wrong. Catholic prejudice?
All I'm saying is be fair and truthful. Not the same tires wrong accusations.
I apologize that I missed this comment. What is it that is true about Mary and what is not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me how the first Bible was created? Give me dates and names.
You want what the harlot says in her perversion of history? I suggest you look to God as the creator of his word through the hands of men who wrote epistles. Is the book of Job created by Catholics too. How far shall you go with this silliness.
Mike_Peterson

Clinton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

Calvins Corner wrote:
<quoted text>You want what the harlot says in her perversion of history? I suggest you look to God as the creator of his word through the hands of men who wrote epistles. Is the book of Job created by Catholics too. How far shall you go with this silliness.
Your Bible has only 2 books Job and Acts it appears

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

Judged:

This old joke, although old perfectly describes the fruits of SS and the severing of the head from the body of Christ.

The following joke by Emo Philips has been voted the funniest religious joke of all times.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said,“Don’t do it!”
He said,“Nobody loves me.”
I said,“God loves you. Do you believe in God?”
He said,“Yes.”
I said,“Are you a Christian or a Jew?”
He said,“A Christian.”
I said,“Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?”
He said,“Protestant.”
I said,“Me, too! What franchise?”
He said,“Baptist.”
I said,“Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”
He said,“Northern Baptist.”
I said,“Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”
He said,“Northern Conservative Baptist.”
I said,“Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”
He said,“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.”
I said,“Me, too! Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”
He said,“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912.”
I said,“Die, heretic!” And I pushed him over.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

Judged:

Mike_Peterson wrote:
This old joke, although old perfectly describes the fruits of SS and the severing of the head from the body of Christ.
The following joke by Emo Philips has been voted the funniest religious joke of all times.
Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said,“Don’t do it!”
He said,“Nobody loves me.”
I said,“God loves you. Do you believe in God?”
He said,“Yes.”
I said,“Are you a Christian or a Jew?”
He said,“A Christian.”
I said,“Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?”
He said,“Protestant.”
I said,“Me, too! What franchise?”
He said,“Baptist.”
I said,“Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”
He said,“Northern Baptist.”
I said,“Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”
He said,“Northern Conservative Baptist.”
I said,“Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”
He said,“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.”
I said,“Me, too! Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”
He said,“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912.”
I said,“Die, heretic!” And I pushed him over.
The new priest is nervous about hearing confessions ...

... so he asks the older priest to sit in on his sessions. The new priest hears a couple confessions, then the old priest asks him to step out of the confessional for a few suggestions.

The old priest suggests, "Cross you arms over your chest, and rub your chin with one hand."

The new priest tries this.

The old priest suggests, "Try saying things like,'I see, yes, go on,' and 'I understand. How did you feel about that?'"

The new priest says those things.

The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's a little better than slapping your knee and saying, "Cool Man! What happened next?"

“Reason_Scripture _Tradition”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 15

And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ" (Eph. 4:11–15)

The verses above speak absolutely nothing about Sola Scriptura. How, then, is Eph. 4:11–15 fulfilled? How was one equipped for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, without a Bible?

In 2 Tim 3:8, two men Jannes and Jambres are said to have opposed Moses. Find these two men in the Old Testament.

In 1 Corinthians 10:4, Paul refers to a rock that "followed" the Jews through the Sinai wilderness. The Old Testament is completely silent about this. However, rabbinic “tradition” does speak of this.

The Bible doesn’t ever speak of Sola Scriptura nor was such ever taught. This was popularized by Luther.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 15

Judged:

"The Bible doesn’t ever speak of Sola Scriptura nor was such ever taught."

Baloney.

The Law of Moses comprised 613 laws and commandments. It was only when "Jewish tradition" came into being through corrupt Jewish priests did believing Israel get led astray into full apostasy.

If they had stuck to the book of the law they would not have been led astray, though God had foreknowledge that it would happen anyway because man-made religion always ends up in apostasy.

Same then, same now.

"Tradition" is just a code-word for "do whatever our denomination and its leaders tell you to do".
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 15

Judged:

Jesus himself strongly rebukes "tradition". He knew where it always led.

Matthew 15:1-6

1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 15

Three-legged Stool wrote:
And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ" (Eph. 4:11–15)
The verses above speak absolutely nothing about Sola Scriptura. How, then, is Eph. 4:11–15 fulfilled? How was one equipped for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, without a Bible?
In 2 Tim 3:8, two men Jannes and Jambres are said to have opposed Moses. Find these two men in the Old Testament.
In 1 Corinthians 10:4, Paul refers to a rock that "followed" the Jews through the Sinai wilderness. The Old Testament is completely silent about this. However, rabbinic “tradition” does speak of this.
The Bible doesn’t ever speak of Sola Scriptura nor was such ever taught. This was popularized by Luther.
How do you >>> know <<< Paul said that in 2 Tim 3:8 and 1 Corinthians 10:4? Because it >>> recorded <<< in the bible. You Left-footers amaze me with your logic. Your popes and priest can not add to the bible as they so choice then say its so because they say so. Big difference there, TLS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 15

Three-legged Stool wrote:
Amen:: Brother. Invented by a disgruntled priest who broke the vows he made in front of God.
God always had men who had the authority to speak for God.
But suddenly protesters think that Jesus great plan is to leave a book in charge and there was no such thing as pen and paper and hardly anybody could read for the next 1450 years.
Jesus would have been completely stupid to leave a book in charge. Protesters prove that every day.
You mention what happened to those dudes who opposed Moses. The same for that man and his wife, disciples of Jesus , who lied to Pope Peter. God stuck them down dead just for lying?
You think God might have been doing some chain of authority teaching for his Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Bassett Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••