|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer for you Bobby:
1st Timothy 3
14I am writing you about these matters, although I hope to visit you soon. 15But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth.
What verse teaches Sola Scriptura. NONE the Bible does not mention the Bible.
Verses showing Jesus happy about splitting the Church up. NONE
John 17
20“I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me.m 22And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me.
But Mike, you have Heath's problem. He claims perfect unity to nut he is a liar because it ain't so. The church is made of of imperfect people who are still in the training process. The pope is a sinner, your priest is a sinner-all us are in the process of sanctification. Without Gods grace we are nothing-we are saved sinners with the promise of our destiny secure.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit.

We are justified by grace while we are in the process of being sanctified and will be glorified with Christ.

30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

He goes on to say: 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Catholics don't believe this...
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

I think I will get a jump on you Mike-head you off at the pass, so to speak.

Catholics appeal to James 2:24 which says, "You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone."

But the context of James is speaking of dead faith as opposed to living, saving faith. James states that if you "say" you have faith but have no works, that faith cannot save you because it is a dead faith. In other words, mere intellectual acknowledgement of Christ is a dead faith that produces no regeneration and no change in a person's life. This faith does not justify.

Eph 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Now then- I just unified you with some of your protestant enemies, the law keepers who believe in salvation by works. Will you fellowship with them no, of course not, they are in the wrong church:-)
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Mike P- I will answer for you Bobby:

1st Timothy 3
14I am writing you about these matters, although I hope to visit you soon. 15But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of truth.

Dave P- Hey it's Captain Ashdod, the pot calling the kettle black. "No Bible mentions the Bible or sola scriptura". It's in the same chapter as the word pope, or "apostolic succession", or sacraments, or cardinals, or Vicar of Christ, catholic, transubstantiation, clergy or laymen, or CCC, we could go on for days.

The kings of Ashdod talk complaining about one term- that's funny. Mike, anytime you'd like to have an actual Bible discussion, we're here and will engage. This nonsense doesn't help the cause.

You do realize the term "Bible" is simply a term that means "book", right? But the Bible does often tell us of the Scriptures.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

I believe in every verse in the Bible in context.
All three of these verses are true
You are saved by faith John 3:16.
You are saved by Baptism
1st Peter 3
19In it he also went to preach to the spirits in prison,* 20who had once been disobedient while God patiently waited in the days of Noah during the building of the ark, in which a few persons, eight in all, were saved through water.h 21This prefigured baptism, which saves you now. It is not a removal of dirt from the body but an appeal to God* for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
And Works save you. James 2:24 which says, "You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone."
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
I believe in every verse in the Bible in context.
All three of these verses are true
You are saved by faith John 3:16.
You are saved by Baptism
1st Peter 3
19In it he also went to preach to the spirits in prison,* 20who had once been disobedient while God patiently waited in the days of Noah during the building of the ark, in which a few persons, eight in all, were saved through water.h 21This prefigured baptism, which saves you now. It is not a removal of dirt from the body but an appeal to God* for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
And Works save you. James 2:24 which says, "You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone."
In other words you still do not know you are saved. So, you have the rcc traditional teaching of purgatory to give you peace???

Said another way, you must go to purgatory and hope you can work your way out and receive punishment for some of your sins.

http://www.olrl.org/Lessons/Lesson12.shtml
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you still do not know you are saved. So, you have the rcc traditional teaching of purgatory to give you peace???
Said another way, you must go to purgatory and hope you can work your way out and receive punishment for some of your sins.
http://www.olrl.org/Lessons/Lesson12.shtml
Of course I don't. I have confident assurance that if I don't die in the state of mortal sin, I might.

I was saved, I am getting saved and I hope to saved.

Are you more holy than Paul. Paul didn't know if he was saved. He was working out his salvation with fear and trembling. At the end though he knew of no reason he was not going to heaven.

That was a fair lesson on purgatory. Nothing impure goes heave to. Revelation says that.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I don't. I have confident assurance that if I don't die in the state of mortal sin, I might.
I was saved, I am getting saved and I hope to saved.
Are you more holy than Paul. Paul didn't know if he was saved. He was working out his salvation with fear and trembling. At the end though he knew of no reason he was not going to heaven.
That was a fair lesson on purgatory. Nothing impure goes heave to. Revelation says that.
We are purified by blood. If salvation is based on grace then it cannot come by works.

6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Grace does not mean that believers in Christ do not have any good works it simply means that our good works cannot earn our salvation.

I thought you were once a baptist, you should know this stuff. Well, maybe not there are some hard-shell legalistic baptist out there.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Romans 4:4

Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.
William

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Catholics appeal to James 2:24 which says, "You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone."

And yet they ignore James 1:1 in the process.

Maybe Mike can tell us which one of the 12 tribes of Israel, scattered abroad, he belongs to (and we'll need to see a birth certificate). But my Bible says that there is neither Jew nor Greek, so go figure.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
We are purified by blood. If salvation is based on grace then it cannot come by works.
6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
Grace does not mean that believers in Christ do not have any good works it simply means that our good works cannot earn our salvation.
I thought you were once a baptist, you should know this stuff. Well, maybe not there are some hard-shell legalistic baptist out there.
I was a Baptist. Why do you think I converted? I realized the Baptist Church did not believe everything taught by Jesus and the Apostles and it wasnt the Church Jesus started.

There are many verses about salvation. I believe them all. The Church summarizes it by saying we are saved by grace working through love.

Why are the hard shelled wrong and you are right? Because you say so. NO other reason. I have a good friend is a primitive baptist.
At least they do worship Jesus during their service in some ways.

Baptist don't except for a few songs. One short prayer in the beginning. A man doing some motivational speaking, which is always good, but not worship, a short final prayer and an a altar call without an altar, where someone says I am saved. I am going to heaven.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Baptist. Why do you think I converted? I realized the Baptist Church did not believe everything taught by Jesus and the Apostles and it wasnt the Church Jesus started.
There are many verses about salvation. I believe them all. The Church summarizes it by saying we are saved by grace working through love.
Why are the hard shelled wrong and you are right? Because you say so. NO other reason. I have a good friend is a primitive baptist.
At least they do worship Jesus during their service in some ways.
Baptist don't except for a few songs. One short prayer in the beginning. A man doing some motivational speaking, which is always good, but not worship, a short final prayer and an a altar call without an altar, where someone says I am saved. I am going to heaven.
Primitive baptist are almost extinct. At least they don't do the ritual things not found in scripture. I am not finished with the rcc purgatory false doctrine.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

I was also thinking about the muslim religion and their ramadan practices of fasting and prayer. They become rituals that appear holy until you get to the source of their faith-it is another book not authorized by God much like the rcc catechism and the mormons book of mormon. It does matter what we believe is true scripture.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Primitive baptist are almost extinct. At least they don't do the ritual things not found in scripture. I am not finished with the rcc purgatory false doctrine.
This is what we do in worsip. Pray a lot. Read from the Bible. Sing. Eat the body and blood of Christ. All found somewhere in the Bible.

so you believe impure things can enter heaven? If you don't believe that you believe in purgatory. You can call it what you want. Jesus' Church calls it purgatory.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Bobby wrote:
I was also thinking about the muslim religion and their ramadan practices of fasting and prayer. They become rituals that appear holy until you get to the source of their faith-it is another book not authorized by God much like the rcc catechism and the mormons book of mormon. It does matter what we believe is true scripture.
The Muslims believe in Sola Scriptura of the Koran. There are many denominations. That is why they fight each other like the Shiites and the Sunnis for example. No Authority.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Dave P wrote:
Mike P- I will answer for you Bobby:
1st Timothy 3
Dave P- Hey it's Captain Ashdod, the pot calling the kettle black. "No Bible mentions the Bible or sola scriptura". It's in the same chapter as the word pope, or "apostolic succession", or sacraments, or cardinals, or Vicar of Christ, catholic, transubstantiation, clergy or laymen, or CCC, we could go on for days.
The kings of Ashdod talk complaining about one term- that's funny. Mike, anytime you'd like to have an actual Bible discussion, we're here and will engage. This nonsense doesn't help the cause.
You do realize the term "Bible" is simply a term that means "book", right? But the Bible does often tell us of the Scriptures.
Protestants only want discuss 1/2 of the word of God.

Here is one. The word “Testament” comes from the Latin and means “covenant” or “Agreement.”
The Old Testament is the “Old Covenant” or the “Old Agreement.”
The New Testament is the “New Covenant” or the “New Agreement.

Can you agree to this? I think you know the CC created the Bible. I know you don't know how it really happened. The Church named it the Bible which means book or book. I agree.

The Church also named the first Book the Old Testament of Covenant and 2nd Book the New Testament or Covenant.

What does Jesus say the New Testament is,

St. Paul tells us perhaps twenty years after the Last Supper:“In the same way [Jesus] also [took] the cup, after supper, saying,‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me’”(1 Cor 11:25; emphasis added).
Read it closely. The New Testament should change the way we have perhaps been reading the term “New Testament.”
According to the New Testament itself, the Eucharist is the New Testament.

The New Testament that you read literally means Eucharist according to Jesus but you ignore that. You have left him with the rest of his followers in John 6:66. It is too hard of a teaching for you.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

*Mike P-Protestants only want discuss 1/2 of the word of God.

Here is one. The word “Testament” comes from the Latin and means “covenant” or “Agreement.”

Dave P-Mike, your first opinion is seriously in error, especially with me and this group of posters here. Ask Barnsweb about the OT. Anyway, we all know what the word testament means, covenant.

Mike P-What does Jesus say the New Testament is,

St. Paul tells us perhaps twenty years after the Last Supper:“In the same way [Jesus] also [took] the cup, after supper, saying,‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me’”(1 Cor 11:25; emphasis added).
Read it closely. The New Testament should change the way we have perhaps been reading the term “New Testament.”

The New Testament that you read literally means Eucharist according to Jesus but you ignore that. You have left him with the rest of his followers in John 6:66. It is too hard of a teaching for you.

Talk about making too much out of wordplay. First of all, the word eucharist simply means giving of thanks and isn't the same word as covenant. Jesus did say the cup was the new covenant in His blood. What's the purpose of saying that? Read Hebrews 9 sometime.

Mike P-Can you agree to this? I think you know the CC created the Bible. I know you don't know how it really happened. The Church named it the Bible which means book or book. I agree.

The Scriptures themselves tell us how scripture came to be. No the RCC didn't create the Bible, didn't "canonize" it, and the RCC deserves no credit for what God had already done. If "history" contradicts God, then history is wrong-end of story.

Mike P-The New Testament that you read literally means Eucharist according to Jesus but you ignore that. You have left him with the rest of his followers in John 6:66. It is too hard of a teaching for you.

His blood is the blood of the covenant. His blood doesn't require shedding every day for sins. Blasphemy. That thought is a twisted scripture.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mike P-so you believe impure things can enter heaven? If you don't believe that you believe in purgatory. You can call it what you want. Jesus' Church calls it purgatory.

Jesus nor His apostles nor the scriptures say anything of purgatory. "His church" invented that sometime and then said "Oh-if we believe it NOW, then someone must have believed it a long time ago. So it's tradition now. Must be true."

The Bible calls that process sanctification, and it occurs during life on this earth.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Dave P wrote:
*Mike P-Protestants only want discuss 1/2 of the word of God.
Dave P-Mike, your first opinion is seriously in error, especially with me and this group of posters here. Ask Barnsweb about the OT. Anyway, we all know what the word testament means, covenant.
Mike P-What does Jesus say the New Testament is,
Talk about making too much out of wordplay. First of all, the word eucharist simply means giving of thanks and isn't the same word as covenant. Jesus did say the cup was the new covenant in His blood. What's the purpose of saying that? Read Hebrews 9 sometime.
Mike P-Can you agree to this? I think you know the CC created the Bible. I know you don't know how it really happened. The Church named it the Bible which means book or book. I agree.
The Scriptures themselves tell us how scripture came to be. No the RCC didn't create the Bible, didn't "canonize" it, and the RCC deserves no credit for what God had already done. If "history" contradicts God, then history is wrong-end of story.
Mike P-The New Testament that you read literally means Eucharist according to Jesus but you ignore that. You have left him with the rest of his followers in John 6:66. It is too hard of a teaching for you.
His blood is the blood of the covenant. His blood doesn't require shedding every day for sins. Blasphemy. That thought is a twisted scripture.
Protestants love this word play. Sola Scriptura baby. I am right. You are wrong. The HS tells me the truth and lies to you.

Your lack of knowledge of the history of the Bible amazes me. To you, which is wrong of course, your salvation depends on how you interpret a Book but you have no clue on its origin, why any of the books that in made it there did, and why some books many claim should be in there aren't. You talk about Catholics and depending on the Church. We know where the Church came from.You depend on a Book and have no clue where it came from.

Jesus said this cup of my blood is the new Testament. Cup.Cup. He said to to drink this Cup. That is why the CC name this part of the bible New Testament, because Jesus said what it was. No interpretation needed. If you dont drink his cup of blood, you have no life in you and you don't have the new Covenant. You can try to explain it anyway you want.

In the Garden, Jesus kept praying in "vain repetition" for the Father to take this CUP from me. The last cup of the Passover he had not drunk yet. Just seconds before he died , he drank from that cup after refusing drink until then. He knew when he drank that last cup, he would die. He said it is finished. The Eucharist had been created. Do this in remembrance of me. Forever.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Dave P wrote:
Mike P-so you believe impure things can enter heaven? If you don't believe that you believe in purgatory. You can call it what you want. Jesus' Church calls it purgatory.
Jesus nor His apostles nor the scriptures say anything of purgatory. "His church" invented that sometime and then said "Oh-if we believe it NOW, then someone must have believed it a long time ago. So it's tradition now. Must be true."
The Bible calls that process sanctification, and it occurs during life on this earth.
Purgatory. call it what you want. Just like Trinity.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any one builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble - each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Foretold in the OT.

2 Maccabees 12:39-42,44-45 ... Judas and his men went to take up the bodies of the fallen ... Then under the tunic of every one of the dead they found sacred tokens of the idols of Jamnia, which the law forbids the Jews to wear ... So they all ... turned to prayer, beseeching that the sin which had been committed might be wholly blotted out ... For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Some of the Inventions by Protestants not found in the Bible.

Praying to Jesus. Not found in the Bible. Jesus explicitly says to pray to the Father.

The Trinity. That word is not in the Bible.

The "Bible Only" idea. AKA Sola Scriptura.

The whole of the modern Christian belief systems, that condone and embrace multiple faiths or gospels/salvation messages within their communities.

The belief that the Old Testament and the New Testament are "Inspired." Not in the Bible.

“The Sinners Prayer."

Infant Dedications”

Denying infants Baptism. not in the Bible

Modern “Bible Studies” whenever "the Scriptures" are discussed in the Holy Bible, they are in the form of teaching or edification, not a "This is what it means to me, what do you think?" approach.

Not praying the "Lord's Prayer, or the Our Father in Church."Pray then [to His Father] in this way"

“The Altar Call.

Modern Christian pastors who refuse to give any honor to the Blessed Mother of Our Lord as commanded in the Holy Scriptures

'Bowing your heads and closing your eyes when you pray"

Refusing to kneel for Our Lord as the Holy Bible commands.

The Complete Absence of "Bishops, Priests and Deacons" in most Modern Christian Churches.

So called "Devotional Bibles" filled with quips, stories, and jokes. Modern Christian churches and publishers have defiled the Holy Bible (with good intentions BTW) by contradicting the words of Revelation 22:18-19 and adding to the Holy Scriptures.

Asking Jesus into your Heart" and the
"Faith Alone" idea of Salvation

Desiring a "Personal relationship with Jesus Christ

Scripture interprets Scripture.

The belief that any distinctly Protestant idea was taught by any Christian in the first millennium. This is just history 101.

Some of these thinks are good ideas but not found in the Bible. Other are heretical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••