|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Dave P wrote:
The corruption of the ship, captain, and crew is why everyone got off. Hard to survive a journey across the sea when the food is spoiled and everyone has scurvy.
The good ship lollipop still isn't on course after all this time. Hit some glaciers on the way. Taking on water as we speak.
Says the people on the rafts, who keep taking wood from their rafts to make more, because they don't like the "point of view" of the other raft people. Because of SS, each will will have their own piece of wood.
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly.
And he went up from thence unto Beth-el: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have noticed that the catholic choir boys keep talking down to us.
And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
These junior representatives from the stale catholic religion are parrots, it is impossible for them to have an original thought little hope and constantly under the yoke of works for salvation-gloom and despair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yes, that has not gone unnoticed. We're just the lowly prots who complained and whined in the wilderness. Stale is correct too, only reason I've been messing with the troll.

Personally I'd like to see the conversations move on from catholicism. I ain't buying what they're selling, don't think any of us are. Cath and prot aren't in the same sport, much less ballpark. And attitudes sure don't help convince people that they are of God.

Think you said "once catholic always catholic". That sounds very true. Right church, right rituals, right leaders, history and tradition= living godly apparently doesn't matter as much, since you can get bad sins taken care of, then purgatory to clean you up.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the people on the rafts, who keep taking wood from their rafts to make more, because they don't like the "point of view" of the other raft people. Because of SS, each will will have their own piece of wood.
Says those who drove people out into the rafts to begin with; whose ship got commandeered by the devil and his minions early in the voyage.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
And he went up from thence unto Beth-el: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
We can't talk scripture anymore, all that is left confusing rituals and trust in other men.

The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

Catholism is not built upon the rock, it is men following other men giving them little hope and no confidence in their salvation. "Poly want a cracker". I might as well have some fun with it because it ain't going anywhere-dead end road!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

When you are in a church whose history doesn't extend any further than your penis it is hard to comprehend that the Catholic Church is so very old. If your ancestors came from England, if you are simply an Anglophile or an Episcopalian who has had enough of Canterbury, it is now possible to participate in the Catholic Church using the very words all Christians heard in England prior to Henry VIII. The Anglican Usage or Use is not wide spread in the USA and seems primarily centered in Texas. The Anglican Use has been approved by Rome.

The Sarum Rite is the missal used which you can read on line and see for yourself how extraordinary it is. It is 1,000 years old. Sarum is the original name of Salisbury. I believe there are Youtube videos of Anglican Use Masses. Some of you may not know that if you are a married Episcopal or CofE priest you can be ordained as a Roman Catholic priest...and the wife and kids come along.

I would also call your attention to a rather thick book by Eamon Duffy, The Stripping of the Altars. The subtitle is Traditional Religion in England 1400-1580.

Catholics have been in England since at least the 3rd Century!!!
Mike Peterson

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't talk scripture anymore, all that is left confusing rituals and trust in other men.
The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
Catholism is not built upon the rock, it is men following other men giving them little hope and no confidence in their salvation. "Poly want a cracker". I might as well have some fun with it because it ain't going anywhere-dead end road!
Those words I responded with were the inerrant and inspired words of God. I can quote scripture too.
Catholic Church: 2000 years old and still going strong. I would say the foundation is pretty good. Oldest organization in the history of the World. God has done good.
Bobby's Church, if you haven't change to one closest to your house since your last statement, 30 years old? Doesn't need a foundation. It will go away and something else will take its place when the founder dies and the children fight over who is in charge.
Your own Sunday School can't agree over scriptures.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
When you are in a church whose history doesn't extend any further than your penis it is hard to comprehend that the Catholic Church is so very old. If your ancestors came from England, if you are simply an Anglophile or an Episcopalian who has had enough of Canterbury, it is now possible to participate in the Catholic Church using the very words all Christians heard in England prior to Henry VIII. The Anglican Usage or Use is not wide spread in the USA and seems primarily centered in Texas. The Anglican Use has been approved by Rome.
The Sarum Rite is the missal used which you can read on line and see for yourself how extraordinary it is. It is 1,000 years old. Sarum is the original name of Salisbury. I believe there are Youtube videos of Anglican Use Masses. Some of you may not know that if you are a married Episcopal or CofE priest you can be ordained as a Roman Catholic priest...and the wife and kids come along.
I would also call your attention to a rather thick book by Eamon Duffy, The Stripping of the Altars. The subtitle is Traditional Religion in England 1400-1580.
I see the microphallus crowd has shown up.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words I responded with were the inerrant and inspired words of God. I can quote scripture too.
Catholic Church: 2000 years old and still going strong. I would say the foundation is pretty good. Oldest organization in the history of the World. God has done good.
Bobby's Church, if you haven't change to one closest to your house since your last statement, 30 years old? Doesn't need a foundation. It will go away and something else will take its place when the founder dies and the children fight over who is in charge.
Your own Sunday School can't agree over scriptures.
You guys are laughable not infallible. The catholic church never changes huh? This is only a short list.

Officially, before Vatican 2 in 1965 AD, all non-Catholic churchgoers will go to HELL! Today it is different!

Sign of the cross not practiced by apostles but started in 9th century! Tertullian made the sign on the forehead. Today it is different!

Roman Catholic Doctrines not found in the Bible (1400 years of doctrinal evolution)

Marriage to non-Catholics was invalid until 1818 AD.

Withholding the communion cup from the laity began in 1416 AD.

Frequency of communion changed from weekly to daily in 500 AD.

Baptism changed from immersion to sprinkling in 1311 AD.

No infant baptism till 4th century.

No Pope was considered infallible until 1870 AD

I am calling you guys FAKE!
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

1. Prayers for the dead .…………-----300 A.D.
2. Making the sign of the cross …………………………300 A.D.
3. Veneration of angels & dead saints …………------375 A.D.
4. Use of images in worship………………………… 375 A.D.
5. The Mass as a daily celebration………………………… 394 A.D.
6 Beginning of the exaltation of Mary; the term, "Mother of God" applied a Council of Ephesus……………..--- 431 A.D.
7 Extreme Unction (Last Rites)………………………526 A.D.
8. Doctrine of Purgatory-Gregory 1…………………………593 A.D..
9. Prayers to Mary & dead saints …………………………600 A.D.
10. Worship of cross, images & relics ………………………… 786 A.D.
11 Canonization of dead saints …………………………995 A.D.
12. Celibacy of priesthood …………………………1079 A.D.
13. The Rosary ………………………… 1090 A.D.
14. Indulgences …………………………1190 A.D.
15. Transubstantiation-Innocent III ………………………… 1215 A.D.
16. Auricular Confession of sins to a priest …………………… 1215 A.D.
17. Adoration of the wafer (Host)……………………… 1220 A.D.
18. Cup forbidden to the people at communion …………………..1414 A.D.
19. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma…………………………1439 A.D.
20. The doctrine of the Seven Sacraments confirmed …………….1439 A.D.
21 Tradition declared of equal authority with Bible by Council of Trent………………………… 1545 A.D.
22. Apocryphal books added to Bible ………-------1546 A.D.
23. Immaculate Conception of Mary…………………………1854 A.D.
24, Infallibility of the pope in matters of faith and morals, proclaimed by the Vatican Council ……………… 1870 A.D.
25. Assumption of the Virgin Mary (bodily ascension into heaven shortly after her death)………………………1950 A.D.
26. Mary proclaimed Mother of the Church……………………… 1965 A.D.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Kristen Kelly was raised Roman Catholic, attended Catholic elementary school and considered herself a good Catholic, but when she was 21-years-old that changed.

“A coworker asked me if I believe in Jesus Christ,” she says.

Despite spending her entire life in the Roman Catholic Church she couldn’t answer the question.

“I never really got exposed to Christ," she says. "It was more about Mary and the Church and a condemnation of everything I was doing wrong.”

She looked at her coworker and saw someone who appeared to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and decided that was what she wanted. She said this prayer:

“Jesus I accept that you are my lord and savior, and I ask you to come into my life.”

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

And from that moment Kelly, now 41 and living in Florida, considered herself born-again, and an ex-Catholic.

“I like to call us recovering Catholics,” she says with a laugh.

According to a 2008 study by the Pew Forum on Religious Life and Public Life, 31% of Americans were raised Catholic, but only 24% now describe themselves as Catholic.

Many thousands of similar stories...
R-oman C-atholic Sproul

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
You Catholic boys need your mother Mary to wash your mouth out with soap. Some of us on here have a few morals you know.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Dave P- Think you said "once catholic always catholic". That sounds very true. Right church, right rituals, right leaders, history and tradition= living godly apparently doesn't matter as much, since you can get bad sins taken care of, then purgatory to clean you up.

Mark- I see the microphallus crowd has shown up.
When you are in a church whose history doesn't extend any further than your penis it is hard to comprehend that the Catholic Church is so very old.
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

I never considered being a catholic but always had respect for them. Our trio here has shown their true colors.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Yesterday it was f... off, tonight it's this stuff. Mike never said anything of that sort, but never said it was inappropriate either. You boys can talk all the catholicism you want, say your little prayers and what not. Your group has no spiritual credibility when its supporters are carnal. You two have nothing worthwhile spiritually to share.

We'd have better conversations with the Prophet of Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are laughable not infallible. The catholic church never changes huh? This is only a short list.
Officially, before Vatican 2 in 1965 AD, all non-Catholic churchgoers will go to HELL! Today it is different!
Sign of the cross not practiced by apostles but started in 9th century! Tertullian made the sign on the forehead. Today it is different!
Roman Catholic Doctrines not found in the Bible (1400 years of doctrinal evolution)
Marriage to non-Catholics was invalid until 1818 AD.
Withholding the communion cup from the laity began in 1416 AD.
Frequency of communion changed from weekly to daily in 500 AD.
Baptism changed from immersion to sprinkling in 1311 AD.
No infant baptism till 4th century.
No Pope was considered infallible until 1870 AD
I am calling you guys FAKE!
So effing what little peepee dude. So your church never changed since it was founded a couple years ago? You will never ever prevail in this discussion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Bobby wrote:
1. Prayers for the dead .…………-----300 A.D.
2. Making the sign of the cross …………………………300 A.D.
3. Veneration of angels & dead saints …………------375 A.D.
4. Use of images in worship………………………… 375 A.D.
5. The Mass as a daily celebration………………………… 394 A.D.
6 Beginning of the exaltation of Mary; the term, "Mother of God" applied a Council of Ephesus……………..--- 431 A.D.
7 Extreme Unction (Last Rites)………………………526 A.D.
8. Doctrine of Purgatory-Gregory 1…………………………593 A.D..
9. Prayers to Mary & dead saints …………………………600 A.D.
10. Worship of cross, images & relics ………………………… 786 A.D.
11 Canonization of dead saints …………………………995 A.D.
12. Celibacy of priesthood …………………………1079 A.D.
13. The Rosary ………………………… 1090 A.D.
14. Indulgences …………………………1190 A.D.
15. Transubstantiation-Innocent III ………………………… 1215 A.D.
16. Auricular Confession of sins to a priest …………………… 1215 A.D.
17. Adoration of the wafer (Host)……………………… 1220 A.D.
18. Cup forbidden to the people at communion …………………..1414 A.D.
19. Purgatory proclaimed as a dogma…………………………1439 A.D.
20. The doctrine of the Seven Sacraments confirmed …………….1439 A.D.
21 Tradition declared of equal authority with Bible by Council of Trent………………………… 1545 A.D.
22. Apocryphal books added to Bible ………-------1546 A.D.
23. Immaculate Conception of Mary…………………………1854 A.D.
24, Infallibility of the pope in matters of faith and morals, proclaimed by the Vatican Council ……………… 1870 A.D.
25. Assumption of the Virgin Mary (bodily ascension into heaven shortly after her death)………………………1950 A.D.
26. Mary proclaimed Mother of the Church……………………… 1965 A.D.
Why don't you post a timeline of your church starting at 300 AD?
Should be easy enough since it would all be blank.
R-oman C-atholic Sproul

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

I think Mark has snapped. And so you think Bobby will never prevail in this discussion, lol. You better think again. The Prophet of Jesus Christ wasn't this vile, he was just disillusioned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of268
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••