Comments
261 - 268 of 268 Comments Last updated Jun 29, 2013
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Morehead, KY

#261 Jun 27, 2013
Dave P wrote:
The catholic stand leaves questions. Is sex therefore something that is simply a vehicle for childbirth? Catholic couples aren't to engage in relations simply out of love, affection and intimacy with their partner? Any family planning measures are banned?
The teaching of procreation as being the main purpose of marriage, I have heard from the Catholics. Other than that I am not sure of their stance on marital relations. That is an interesting question. I know what the bible teaches on marital relations but many times Catholic teaching is something else. Biblical teaching of sexual relationships is an area that I believe has been a complete failure by all churches. I believe there should be detailed graphic education from preteens onward about proper behavior. That may sound radical but the proof of church failure lies in basically the same divorce rate inside the church as outside, homosexual acceptance in some churches among the laity, and various other forms of fornication. In Acts 15:20 and 15:29 fornication is one of the main things the apostles told us to avoid, yet it is one of the churches biggest failures. Our children and teens will be taught and rather graphically. Whether they are taught by the government, internet, peers, or the church they will be taught. The problem lies in the agreement of the church of what the teaching should consist of. I doubt they could agree at this point, maybe if the church had started early on, who knows. We surely cannot draw any biblical teachings on the matter from the Catholic church, sadly.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

#262 Jun 27, 2013
Childbearing is not the only reasons for sexual activity within a marriage according to the scriptures. Even a cursory reading of the Song of Songs should show that. Paul mentioned nothing of childbearing in his chapter on relationships in 1 Corinthians 7. Truth be told, scriptures has little to say about contraception and family planning.

Perhaps most of modern contraception teaching is Americanizing or modernizing the scriptures. CONTEXT!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#263 Jun 28, 2013
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL wrote:
<quoted text>That is actually the teaching of Father John Corapi. Rather I should say ex-Father since he apparently has resigned. I heard his teaching about the Catholic position sometime back and have found he resigned when I was trying to link to him. Oh well, I think it would help your understanding of Catholic doctrine if you would listen to their teaching occasionally.
How about posting some stuff about the defrocked Presbyterian R. C. Sproul.
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL

Manassas, VA

#264 Jun 28, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
How about posting some stuff about the defrocked Presbyterian R. C. Sproul.
The father is the theologian, the son was the one defrocked. As usual you are confused. I only discovered the resignation of Father John Corapi last night and was not putting down Catholics. I was pointing out your error of labeling a Catholic teaching as SPROUL trash. If my intent was the trashing of Catholic priests I would not have the time to post everything on here. This is the son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._C._Sproul,_Jr .


This gives us another chance to understand the Catholic teachings of Mary and why they are not biblical. I never hear you point out anything Sproul says that is wrong. Show us what part of his teaching of Mary worship is wrong. The apostles never demanded anyone bow or worship them as the Catholics do to the Pope or statues of Mary.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/renewing-y...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#265 Jun 28, 2013
R-oman C-atholic SPROUL wrote:
<quoted text>The father is the theologian, the son was the one defrocked. As usual you are confused. I only discovered the resignation of Father John Corapi last night and was not putting down Catholics. I was pointing out your error of labeling a Catholic teaching as SPROUL trash. If my intent was the trashing of Catholic priests I would not have the time to post everything on here. This is the son.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._C._Sproul,_Jr .
This gives us another chance to understand the Catholic teachings of Mary and why they are not biblical. I never hear you point out anything Sproul says that is wrong. Show us what part of his teaching of Mary worship is wrong. The apostles never demanded anyone bow or worship them as the Catholics do to the Pope or statues of Mary.
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/renewing-y...
Sproul is going to need a landfill.
R-oman C-atholic Sproul

Manassas, VA

#266 Jun 28, 2013
Where will it stop with these guys. The term white collar crime originated with the Catholic church apparently. This guy looks as sneaky as Mark Eden after he makes a post on topix.

http://abcnews.go.com/News/vatican-accountant...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#267 Jun 28, 2013
R-oman C-atholic Sproul wrote:
Where will it stop with these guys. The term white collar crime originated with the Catholic church apparently. This guy looks as sneaky as Mark Eden after he makes a post on topix.
http://abcnews.go.com/News/vatican-accountant...
Sproul and Jerry Springer seem to be joined at the hip. Yo pot be black.
Dave P

Lexington, KY

#268 Jun 29, 2013
Dave P wrote:
Childbearing is not the only reasons for sexual activity within a marriage according to the scriptures. Even a cursory reading of the Song of Songs should show that. Paul mentioned nothing of childbearing in his chapter on relationships in 1 Corinthians 7. Truth be told, scriptures has little to say about contraception and family planning.
Perhaps most of modern contraception teaching is Americanizing or modernizing the scriptures. CONTEXT!
The Genesis passage has more to do with Judah and his activity, not Onan and his bad deed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bassett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is baptism essential to salvation (Nov '10) 11 min Bobby 248
Catholics (Feb '14) 1 hr William 860
The Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 13 hr Jimmy-Crack-Corn 147
Jesus' words only teaching, HRM (Sep '13) Thu Curious 63
Signing off ... for now Aug 26 Barnsweb 512
Where did the CoC cowards go? Aug 23 Jimmy Crack Corn 2
Debate: Ferguson - Martinsville, VA Aug 22 Barnsweb 8
•••
•••
Bassett Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bassett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bassett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bassett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bassett
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••